Chevy SSR Forum banner

JJRiskas

2K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Trygodfirst 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Well, I finally did it, bought a Red 04 yesterday.
I've been monitoring your site for 3 months now, and decided to jump in.
I've got questions, and need sage advice.
Where is all this chrome trim I see coming from?
CARID sucks.
Has anyone put whitewalls and steel wheels on their car?

Has anyone blacked out the fenders to make it look more 50's style

Any chrome available for the front grill, except billets?

How about dash board trim?

Has anyone replaced the rubber in the running boards with diamond plate?

Any one know a good pinstriper?

Any group rallys in South Florida (Boca Raton)

I'm just getting started, and appreciate your tips

Respects,
JJRiskas

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome to the fray.:00000732:
If you want steel wheels larger than 17 inch you'll have to have the made as far as I know. Whitewalls have been done and look good, but there again you'll have to have them made.

Go up to the UserCP and over to Your Profile then fill in what you have(including the last 5 VIN) and about where you are, because there's probably someone who can counsel you, not too far away. As always it's location, location, location. If you're in FL, or TX, you don't need towing service, there's so many members they could come over and carry it... well almost. :)

#11 ·
JJRiskas, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! like xoxoxoBruce said----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

#12 ·
A big hearty welcome from Sturgis South Dakota.

Go up top and use the search button. Most all the topics you brought up have been discussed a 100 times before. Good luck.

#14 ·
Welcome to the Fanatic Family! Sounds like you have a lot of cool ideas for your truck! These trucks are so unique with a million opportunities to make one perfect for you! Enjoy that PermaGrin!

#17 ·
Welcome aboard from the ‘Sooner’ state of Oklahoma. Good choice on the color. You have joined a great group to help you enjoy your ‘R’ to the fullest. We have an international rally coming up in Branson, MO this October with over 200 SSR’s in attendance. This would be a great opportunity to get acquainted and have a good time. Hope you can make it.
:00000732:

#21 ·
Try this guy
Exzaktperformance.com

He’s a long time family business in riviera beach with an open house coming up June 15
When you check his website there’s nothing he can’t do mechanically or body upgrades

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.