Chevy SSR Forum banner

4K views 67 replies 37 participants last post by  DOOPHUS 
#1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon from Massachusetts. Yesterday I realized a 16 year dream. I purchased a 2005 Chevy SSR. I'm still pinching myself. I know absolutely nothing about the engine except it goes pretty fast and I sure like that. What I fell in love with is the look of it. I am an advid gardener and thought a small pick up would be great. But no way am I hauling mulch and plants in this baby. The dealer knew less than me about the truck so I have been researching and watching you tube video. Thank you for the video they have been extremely helpful. I haven't seen many SSR's around MA. so I am hoping to be able to find out more about my new baby on this forum.

#5 ·
Welcome from Louisiana!

Welcome to the family. You will not regret your decision on purchasing you R!!!

Those closer to you will chime in soon.

Get ready to start travelling! Consider attending the rally in Maggie Valley, NC in May and/or Branson, MO in October.

#6 ·
:00000732: to the best forum on the net! It sounds like you are here for the long haul, so....I would recommend that you upgrade to a lifetime membership, it is not that expensive and will make using this site MUCH easier! Fill out your profile and tell us about yourself and your SSR, you might find new family close by. Think about joining a bunch of us in Maggie Valley in May, a great chance to meet many new friends and learn about your new ride.:blur::ssr

#8 ·
Welcome to the family gardenlady! I'm sure you have figured out what a"PermaGrin" is by now! You are just going to love this little truck that indeed goes pretty fast! ?

#9 ·
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

#14 ·
Welcome to the club.. Your engine is a C6 Corvette engine. Maybe the BEST engine ever produced.. Visit your local Chevrolet Dealer,,, show it to em in SERVICE and ask about service stuff. You now own a GREAT truck that will only increase in value due to your EXCELLENT maintenance.. Keep your records on service and upkeep and such and ENJOY it.. Jim

#35 ·
Thank you Jim. Next week I'm bringing my baby to another dealer and have them give it a through looking over. If they find anything of significance I will bring it back to the dealer where i purchased it and ask them to repair it. Wish me luck.

#15 ·
gardenlady, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

#26 ·
Welcome aboard from the ‘Sooner state’ of Oklahoma. I hope you will enjoy your SSR, and get to know other owners in your area. There is an international rally coming up in the month of October that you might be interested in. It will be held in the Ozark mountains of Branson, MO. A beautiful place to visit that time of year. Information can be found here on the forum.

#28 ·
Welcome from Friendswood, Texas. You have, at your fingertips, lots of information about the R. The Members on here are very helpful with problems encountered as many have had them too. Look into the upcoming International Rally in Branson, Mo. in October, You should try and attend and meet lots more Fanatics. Good luck and be safe on the roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.