65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

My SSR:
05 RedLine with 1955 Chevy Emblem from tennesseecozydog
Garage
Cool Old member with new SSR. Chicago

I am delighted to report that I am now a proud owner of 05 Redline SSR.: :
It was previously babied and cared for by @tennesseecozydog and now it is my pleasure to take care of her and enjoy every minute.

My first project is to get ABS light addressed; I am reading up on the forum articles right now
I am also going to install a windjammer; I am planning to make one myself, going to try to build a netting based windscreen similar to the original GM accessory, if that does not work out, going to cut one out of plastic.

I live in the far north Chicago suburbs, if you are in the area give me a shout.
Hope to see more members at the shows.

Thanks
Serge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80dd0ea837994ee8056d3017712e1d958173f5af-1S_1280.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	544865  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:54 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 yellow
Congrats on the new ride.Enjoy that permagrin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:05 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Born on 12/23/04, adopted 07/06/16, From KY to CA. Once a farm truck, Now a SoCal cruiser.
Garage
Congrats and welcome back, you should have a good solid Redline Red SSR because TCD took good care of her.

As TCD says " Remember Red Turns Heads"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Ret. Air Force

My SSR:
Mazzy, 04 Silver, Custom Side Pipes, Flames on Doors, and One Sweet Looking @$$!!
Garage
Congrats on your adoption Serge!
The Red is ok, but I REALLY LIKE those running boards!!
Welcome to the family from Middle Georgia...enjoy the PERMAGRIN!!

I'm shocked BoZander...expected to see you wearing flip flops!?!? WTH?? ...

..."We live in fame or go down in flame."
(Hey! Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!!)

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:11 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 SSR 3SS 6-Sp Redline Red FPR/Phil Cochran Tune/P&P TB & IT/K&N/Dragon2U Bling/Mike's Stuff.
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Bill
Great news Serge! Bob and Jan took great care of your new toy. Hope to see you in Maggie Valley next month. Hook up with the Indiana Gang and convoy down! Safe TRKN! Bill

LCC Patch Order Info:
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:22 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red
Garage
Welcome about from the 'Sooner state' of Oklahoma. As you can see, I am partial to the Redline Red myself. Hope you enjoy your new 'ride' and we hope you can make it to the International rally in Branson, MO this October. It should be a great time to get acquainted with other 'SSR Fanatics'.

Sooner SSR
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:36 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. You picked a good one there. Well maintained.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Proud Original Owner

My SSR:
'03 #01155 Painted stripes, Magnaflow, K&N air system, Ported Throttle Body, 4:30 Gears. Custom Tune
Garage
Congratulations, you got a good looking, well taken care of SSR!

RR--Ron & Frieda --- ------I'm on my second cup of coffee and still can't face the day - Gordon Lightfoot
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:01 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Welcome Serge. I know that truck well. I can tell you one problem you're going to have with it. You see that truck spent 10 years in Tennessee so when you get out and start driving it don't be alarmed if it wants to keep on heading south back to the Heartbeat of Tennessee. Enjoy, hope to see you at one of the rallies. Robert
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 AM
LKMURKY

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Serge:
Nice Truck, we all know it, and it knows its way to Maggie Valley as well as Tennessee.
I have an OEM windscreen from my 06 and the cloth case, like new. $250 if you want it, lots easier than build it yourself.
Hope to see you at Maggie, just set the Cruise for FuryKay's Margarita bar . . .
Cary & Jeri Palmer
LKMURKY
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 AM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
Congratulations! Buying an SSR from a Fanatic is a wise choice, especially from a guy like Cozy Dog!

"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Slingshot Rules!

My SSR:
Slingshot Yellow VIN 20778 Born 05 May 2005 (05/05/05)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DOOPHUS
Just one question, Serge . . .

On delivery, how tough was it to "pry" Bob's fingers off the Steering Wheel?

! ! ! ! ! !
tennesseecozydog likes this.

Just Say NO To BBQ
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:38 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaconvert View Post
I am delighted to report that I am now a proud owner of 05 Redline SSR.: :
It was previously babied and cared for by @tennesseecozydog and now it is my pleasure to take care of her and enjoy every minute.

My first project is to get ABS light addressed; I am reading up on the forum articles right now
I am also going to install a windjammer; I am planning to make one myself, going to try to build a netting based windscreen similar to the original GM accessory, if that does not work out, going to cut one out of plastic.

I live in the far north Chicago suburbs, if you are in the area give me a shout.

Thanks
Serge
From what I have heard you cannot get a new ABS thingy so you will probably have to have it rebuilt/refurbished and there are several guys on this forum that do that work. I was told they go bad from the fact that the unit is right next to the left side catalytic converter which gets very, very, hot at times. Check your SSR and if it does not have a heat shield you can get one from Mike at Simple Engineering. It installs with two bolts provided and takes about 5 minutes to put on. I just got mine a few weeks ago and put it on. Hardest part was getting up off the floor after the install at 75 years old.
Keep checking, reading, asking questions and listening because there are folks on this forum that have fixed everything. Most dealers don't have folks that know the SSR and or charge a fortune to look at it. Some are very good but you just have to ask around. Good luck with your new BABY!!!

https://shop.simple-engineering.com/...?categoryId=44
tennesseecozydog likes this.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:13 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Location: Dothan, Alabama claims to be the Peanut Capital of the World

My SSR:
06 Pacific Blue 3SS, 122302, #239 of 532, Auto , purchased Dec 2018
Welcome from Alabama .... the old saying ..... timing is everything in getting a very good SSR. Your timing was great!
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:38 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
Quote:
I am delighted to report that I am now a proud owner of 05 Redline SSR.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/SSRrx5.gif[/IMG]: [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/bannana.gif[/IMG]:
It was previously babied and cared for by @tennesseecozydog and now it is my pleasure to take care of her and enjoy every minute.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

My first project is to get ABS light addressed; I am reading up on the forum articles right now [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/puzzled.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
Serge
From what I have heard you cannot get a new ABS thingy so you will probably have to have it rebuilt/refurbished and there are several guys on this forum that do that work. I was told they go bad from the fact that the unit is right next to the left side catalytic converter which gets very, very, hot at times. Check your SSR and if it does not have a heat shield you can get one from Mike at Simple Engineering. It installs with two bolts provided and takes about 5 minutes to put on. I just got mine a few weeks ago and put it on. Hardest part was getting up off the floor after the install at 75 years old.
Keep checking, reading, asking questions and listening because there are folks on this forum that have fixed everything. Most dealers don't have folks that know the SSR and or charge a fortune to look at it. Some are very good but you just have to ask around. Good luck with your new BABY!!!

https://shop.simple-engineering.com/...?categoryId=44
Shield is installed.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:20 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Smkn Asphlt and 05 Aqua Blur
Garage
Congratulations on your new ride Serge. I share your enthusiasm and the experience of owning a fanatic Fanatic's former SSR. In 2017 Roger Krouse had purchased his gorgeous and immaculately kept 05 Aqua Blur from John "Bone Doc". Before selling the SSR the Bone Doc had made just about every conceivable upgrade to create a ride that was actually better than new. Roger showered this beautiful machine with the same loving care and devoted maintenance until circumstances dictated he take a different course. I flew down from Seattle last week (3/25/19) to get a look at the truck that he had described in this forum in such glowing detail (to be honest I knew I wasn't going to leave without it). Even though Roger was committed to selling the vehicle his pride of ownership shined through as he continued to recite it's attributes. In Aug. 2017, in my 71st year, I experienced a moment of lesdyxia and thought I was 17. I impulsively, but not regretfully, purchased my 04, Smokin Asphalt SSR. I soon learned that that I wouldn't be pulling any G-force upon takeoff with the 300hp and automatic tranny. For a 17 year old that was of concern, so my lust for the LS2/6 speed took shape. When Roger advertised his rig it was just too much for me to resist and... well, the rest is history. The only negative effect I experienced was a recurring incidence that occurred along my route home along the Pacific Coast Highway. What can I say, I was imagining myself as a 17 year old with 400 horses and 6 speeds of rumbling thunder. I was taking 30 MPH curves, effortlessly, at 60 MPH and constantly catching up with traffic so, of course, I put relentless pressure on each driver to: GET THE F... OUTTA MY WAY! It's not really my way but I feel confident that, after 2,000 miles, it's (mostly) out of my system. Now to get the 04 ready to sell. Like Roger, I'm planning to start the process right here on this forum.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
03 Smokin' Asphalt #1712 / 04 Ultra Violet # 13688
Welcome back from Canada!

You have a nice truck there, now get it out and get your permagrin growing again!

Krazy Ed

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:37 PM
ONE OWNER !!!!

My SSR:
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
Garage
Welcome back From Western Pa !!!!!!!

Jim & Sherrie

James Dean & Misstadoo
"Blessings can be big or small, but be sure to count them all”
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:42 PM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Proud for Ya !!!!

Nick

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:29 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Serge ... Heat Shield has been installed !!! Helped for a while.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
I am sure "The Dawg" and Jan took very good care of your SSR
Have fun and thanks for joining the group!

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2003 slingshot ,4 coil lower kit, removeable lugage rack
Welcome from central illinois, at least for the next couple of months
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:15 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruDawg View Post
Congrats on your adoption Serge!
The Red is ok, but I REALLY LIKE those running boards!!
Welcome to the family from Middle Georgia...enjoy the PERMAGRIN!!

I'm shocked BoZander...expected to see you wearing flip flops!?!? WTH?? ...
You know damn well you'll never see me in flip flops, Jesus shoes or short pants Who wants to see fat old men's ugly feet and hairy legs.
mtr317, CruDawg and Blur'd Vision like this.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:23 PM
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 red, custom wheels, custom flame paint, flowmaster exhaust
Garage
Welcome again from Cincinnati (now that your a proud new owner!) Now you'll really see what the permagrin is all about!

Jarod and Lori
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Smoking Asphalt
Welcome from North Georgia
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:37 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOPHUS View Post
Just one question, Serge . . .

On delivery, how tough was it to "pry" Bob's fingers off the Steering Wheel?

! ! ! ! ! !
Not hard at all DOOPHUS ... there's one thing I have learned in my 79 years of life ... don't look back !!! It's just a vehicle, it can be replaced. Did enjoy meeting Serg, his Mother and Serg's friend Demetri. They are from the Ukrane, but United States Citizens, so, yes we had a little language differences but everybody left happy !!! Jan & I are back home in Tennessee ... tired but grateful for Les & Beverly for letting us stay in their beautiful home (3 stories, 11,000 square feet with elevator ... Jan & I stayed on the 3rd floor)) then bringing us home today.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:06 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow, 2005 Smokin Asphalt
Garage
welcome. search the forum and you will find several articles on the solder joints in the abs unit. One article gives several places that will resolder your unit. Dicktator was one person that was indicated. Also Turn Electronics and my airbags.com have listings on ebay

2004 SSR, slingshot yellow, automatic, 113K miles, 2005 smoking asphalt, automatic, 16k miles, lots of SE parts incl tire kit, heat shield, rear frame stiffener,
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

My SSR:
05 RedLine with 1955 Chevy Emblem from tennesseecozydog
Garage
Thank you everyone for a warm welcome, help and support.

For anyone who is considering purchasing an SSR, from my experience, there is not better way than getting in touch with SSR Fanatic and purchasing a well loved and well cared for truck.
Bob took wonderful are of the redline, I would say, the paint looks better than new
Buying from SSR Fanatic also provides for a secure transaction.

For members that are planning to sell, I would recommend following Bob's lead. Bob was very pro-active with PMs and provided an excellent presentation of the truck, his effort swayed me to commit to the purchase on the day I was planning to see a couple other SSRs.

If you are planing to buy or sell and would like to ask about my experience, feel free to PM.

ps: read the manual. Yesterday I was greeted with new warning light on the dash, thanks to pre-reading the owner manual, I knew the button combination to make it go away
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO_20190404_230850.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	544933  
Auggie Doggie likes this.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Slingshot Rules!

My SSR:
Slingshot Yellow VIN 20778 Born 05 May 2005 (05/05/05)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DOOPHUS
Quote:
ps: read the manual. Yesterday I was greeted with new warning light on the dash, thanks to pre-reading the owner manual, I knew the button combination to make it go away
Great advice, Serge . . .

I have always lived by that old saying . . . "IF ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE DIRECTIONS."

! ! ! ! ! !

Just Say NO To BBQ
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:08 PM

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur, 6 speed, 118667
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
Congrats and welcome back, you should have a good solid Redline Red SSR because TCD took good care of her.

As TCD says " Remember Red Turns Heads"
It also attracts the popo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSRFanatic News & Polls > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in