Chevy SSR Forum banner

North Freeway Hyundai, Houston

6K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  charlie g 
#1 ·
I'm looking at buying my first SSR. There's one that I really like at North Freeway Hyundai in Houston. They claim to be "well known" in the SSR community.

Anyone done business with them? Any experiences you can share? I live in AZ, so it would be a long distance purchase for me.

Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
Yes, many on this site have good experience with them.

There's also a decent size SSR crowd in the Houston area, I'd be willing to bet you could get someone to go thoroughly check it out for you, but knowing that dealership, it will probably be a worthy SSR. I'd still have someone look at it and take pics just because....

Josh:yellow:

#3 · (Edited)
North Freeway has now sold (best recent guess) is 650 SSR's - all just premium stuff, so yes trust them
Many of our members have purchased and sold with them
I am a primary purchaser for them - just bought my #210 SSR.
Through my involvement with SSR Fanactic I became an agent for North Freeway
The fact is, Paul (Nfwy owner) loves the SSR
I guess I am pretty much unbiased - but I am involved in most of their inventory - can vouch for the history etc.
I am firstly an SSR guy - would never mislead you
Everything they have that I have been involved with is prime
Call me if you want info on history - I will likely know
Dale
ssrfpr@gmail.com

#5 ·
Oh YES!!! :smile2:

I bought my '06 SA FPR going on 5 years ago now and I still am OBSESSED with it. :wub: It had 18k miles then & I now have 21k. The folks at NFH are super to deal with. There are many others on this Forum that got theirs at NFH. :59:

You won't be sorry. :cheers

==============
David :black:

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Font

#8 ·
I bought my '05 from them a little over a year ago before doing much research here. I planned to fly out and inspect it first, but took a chance and bought it sight unseen (except for internet pictures, which can lie). I took the chance based on the fact that they are the #1 reseller of SSRs. I figured if they misrepresented the SSR, I would post here and their reputation would be soiled. Very happy with my SSR. They arranged shipping too.

Cash buys for them, I now totally trust NFH and Cash.

Incorrectly mounted front license plate bracket was removed and facia holes were filled and facia repainted. Happy camper now.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Hey, thanks - every now and then! HaHa! :cigareta:
A few wound up with the plate hangar on the top 2 rather than the bottom 2 - pretty much an original dealer delivery problem I think - in fact pretty sure.
If you have viewed as many build sheets as I have, you would recognize the RPO for the plate hangar was not required in all States, ergo will not be on the build sheet of State of original destination
In Canada, it was mandatory
My first 05 (a US build) did not have it and got away with it here in BC for I think 5 years
My #2 Kate must have required it in WI, where I bought her from - not loving it (the plate hangar that is) but at least it is positioned properly
I saw one that painted it Red, thinking of doing that - looked nice I think
Saved a picture in my Brazilian SSR pictures - can't quite come up with it right now

#12 ·
I also purchased my Pacific Blue 2006 FPR almost 3 years ago from them. I took a flight down to look and purchased. Had it shipped home. It was easy doing business with them.
When purchased it had about 29K on it and now has about 47K. Love it. Took 2 round trips to Florida so far.

#13 ·
I purchased my 05 from them a little over 2 years ago. If I remember right the SSR salesman's name was Tony. Sent me pictures and walked me through the whole process. They stood behind it and what I mean about that is the top didn't work and they told me to bring it into the local Chevy dealer and for them to contact NFH. It was fixed and North Freeway Hyundai took care of it. Of course I bought a yellow with 32,000 miles and now have 38,500. NFH is the one who told me about SSR Fanatics site. By the way they arranged to ship it to Florida at a reasonable price. Good luck.

#15 · (Edited)
Purchase the SSR you want, MrMike.

One major point to consider . . . Arizona has a relatively unique Used Car Purchase Law.

Unless the law has changed recently, if you purchase from a dealer, regardless of "In State or Out of State" you must pay the Arizona Sales Tax plus local City / County sales taxes under certain circumstances. If you purchase from a Private Party . . . NO SALES TAX.

If I were in your shoes, the Sales Tax would definitely push me towards a Private Party if at all possible.

Good Luck.

#24 ·
N f h

I sold them 5 SSR all Were 06 ,low mileage, always keep in doors and a couple were F. P. R. This year I bought I bought a yellow 05 in Jan. Kept it less than 2 months ,then noticed they now had a yellow 06 F P R with only 29,000 miles & we traded for a small amount. I will recommend them again !!!! Furykay :yellow: :smile2:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.