SSR's for Sale that I like... - Page 2 - Chevy SSR Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Daily Driver
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Don't forget there are young guys/girls who would love to have an SSR but are short on cash. But if they are long on ambition they could make it an ongoing project while driving the coolest ride in town.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by farf02 View Post
Dale,

I seriously question any dealer that would post pics of cars for sale that were clearly taken at the auction.

The car is a pig, and should be priced higher.

If it looks like $hi* and smells like $hi*....its probably $hi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Don't forget there are young guys/girls who would love to have an SSR but are short on cash. But if they are long on ambition they could make it an ongoing project while driving the coolest ride in town.
From the title of this thread this SSR would be in the "find interesting" category.
For those of us that have the SSR we want, this may not look appealing, but as Bruce says, not everyone can buy in at the top SSR level
I think this SSR is priced very well for a 2004 with 53k miles - maybe it is a piece of $hit, but that is what a buyer has to determine.
On paper it looks like a good buy (IMO) - in person - who knows, but for the folks looking for an entry level SSR?

There are some that want to keep the main squeeze with low miles - a daily driver SSR?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 09:35 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Pac Blue FPR #485 3SS VYJ BOD 3/13/06
Garage
I think we all know things look better in pics than they do in person. That car is a rat with severe weathering. I would suggest anyone looking to get into the hobby to keep looking. I don't care what the odometer reads, to me (by the way, I have made the car business my career for 26 years, and have personally sold over 50,000 cars) maintenance and care mean alot more. My daily driver is a 2015 Jeep with over 70,000 miles that has been impeccably maintained and absolutely looks new.

I understand there are plenty of SSR loving folk that can't spend $30,000. But there are a hell of alot better examples than that one. C'mon guys, look at the pics, in fact, I would like to ask Joshvette if he would have made the trek to WI based on those pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
One of the newest "Blues Brothers"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 09:38 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Pac Blue FPR #485 3SS VYJ BOD 3/13/06
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rasmussen View Post
With that mileage and if you can get it for $15k after inspection, you can do a WHOLE lot of detailing for $1,500. Could be an excellent driver that would look sharp. You would need to do the homework for sure.

Dave
Once again, if it looks rough in pics, its a turd thats lived a hard life. If it shoed 153,000 miles, it would be more acceptable. To make that thing match the odometer isn't worth it.

If it was a nice car, it wouldn't be at auction, and if it were a good dealer selling, he would have given an effort to clean it, rather than take the pics while a pig in line at the auction

One of the newest "Blues Brothers"!
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Been a while since I have visited this but saw this puppy

1GCES14H46B122556 -

SSR's for Sale that I like...-22556-3ss-96p-bve-erg-no-erk.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-96p.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-interesting-6b122556.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-no-erk-ctd-has-lid-carpet.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-3ss-erg.jpg

$38000 - 9500 miles
Lots of money considering it has satin wheels and no carpeted bed, even with the low miles
What interested me was the engine. They make no mention in the ad but to us it is obviously not stock.
They do say 6.0L but is it a swap or just a Corvette manifold swap? Someone like Topspin would sort that out easily
Plus the extra filter - think that is something like what Topspin promotes doing - to do with oil and a changed pan as well (decent at stuff, but Joe Mechanic I am not)
I like the look of the engine bay - one item is the K&N - how they used the original air box and got away from the ugly crumpled molding on the K&N stock box.

Not promoting it - just find some things done in the engine bay interesting

Cars for Sale: Used 2006 Chevrolet SSR for sale in Red Bank, NJ 07716: Truck Details - 453610724 - Autotrader

Other notes - I probably should have looked through my pics of others, but is it unusual to have carpet under the deck lid with the vinyl tub?
Certainly I have seen a ton of examples of tubs with bare decks.
In 2004 they built many with carpet on the gate even without the ERK carpet RPO because (as I understand) they had not yet designed a way to attach the vinyl scab on the gate
As we well know today parts are not readily available and pretty confident that was the same case during production, and if it wasn't built to order they sometimes left LCC with good gnus or bad gnus.
I have on record somewhere of a MY2005 with 03/04 prop rod, lots of 1SB 2005's without engine cover inserts, etc.
I think with LCC being such a low production plant that some parts weren't always on the shelf, but then again, sometimes one may have gotten an "extra" - HaHa!

post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's

My SSR:
'03 Smokin' Black #1369 all options/'04 Slingshot w trick Flames Boyd Coddington Wheels
Garage
My '04 came with tupperware tub, but the tailgate was carpeted. Me thinks the truck in your post the carpeted bed was taken out and the tonneau carpet left. My .02 cents...

"Each day is a gift" "Enjoy the day!"
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
1GCES14P84B111452

This is just a really pretty UV IMO
Has Bob's pipes, has cutouts, Magnuson SC
Miles up a little I guess at 32.4k, but not bad for sure.
It is tough to get to $26k, but it is pretty.
Plus - it is Supercharged! It does have a carpeted bed.
I would enjoy having this one in my garage! (if I had your money that is!)

Cars for Sale: Used 2004 Chevrolet SSR in , De Witt IA: 52742 Details - Truck - Autotrader

Attachment 350890Attachment 350898Attachment 350906Attachment 350914Attachment 350922
Looks like this has gone to a new home, but still for sale.
Used 2004 Chevrolet SSR in Chicago, IL near 60601
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super 8 View Post
Looks like this has gone to a new home, but still for sale.
Used 2004 Chevrolet SSR in Chicago, IL near 60601
Same price ($23.9) - the previous dealer had reduced it to this number as well
They must have bought it @ $20k or less to ship it and put it up for the same price
Someone could not find the slots for the gauges to sit down - looks like about a 1" gap
Pretty truck but they sure look flashier on the showroom floor!

post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
This is one of 43 California Speedways
1GCES14P14B111440
She has no decal evidence of being such - not sure if those decals would still be available - not likely
All 43 were built identically - satin wheels, boards, gauges and carpeted bed
They were parade vehicles for the 2004 Pop Secret 500 in Fontana CA - race day 9.4.2004

SSR's for Sale that I like...-4b111440-california-speedway.jpg

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CALERTSEMLSRCH

I don't believe they have any particular upside in value from any other 2004 but if 2 identical were up for grabs I would take this one just for it's added historical significance
At $26k a bit high - IMO $22-24k about right with 24k miles - probably the lower end of that

post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
I did a complete face plant the other day - no idea what happened.
Was not able to brace my fall
Doc's were not able to diagnose
Really not much recollection of my last 2 days
Hoping it won't happen at the wheel.

post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:00 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Quote:
Really not much recollection of my last 2 days
Damn Cash, that's one thing I think about when driving ... passing out at the wheel. That's awful, hope you didn't have your pipe in your mouth when you fell. Take care ... something caused you to take the plunge. Bob Alexander
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:21 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
My issue is sometimes upon standing after sitting I'll become dizzy because of low blood pressure. Rarely do I pass out from it but have learned to pause upon standing for a moment to equalize my blood pressure.

I hope they get it figured out.

Dave
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:18 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Whoa!!! Hope it wasn't caused by anything bad!!! Take care of yourself

Nick
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Yes - just not sure what la heck happened

post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 08:35 PM

My SSR:
had an 05 Aqua Blur, sniff, sniff
Quote:
Really not much reccolection of my last 2 days
Everything OK Cash?
No posts for 3 days.
DOOPHUS likes this.
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!

My SSR:
2004 Ultra Violet ... Corvette servo, hood struts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
Everything OK Cash?
No posts for 3 days.
He's partying it up in Penticton !!!

Rob & Tracie
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 09:06 PM

My SSR:
had an 05 Aqua Blur, sniff, sniff
Good to hear, thanx
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 09:19 PM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
HEY CASH as a first class investigator this is one case you really should try hard to solve---with the help of your Dr. of course. Take care of yourself and try to stay upright!
Attached Images

post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Our Penticton Meet was set to begin Thursday June 22 and I did not make up my mind until that morning whether I felt well enough to go.
I was still experiencing dizziness if I got up too quickly, but I decided to go.
Washing tires and wheels was a bit of a test - had to be cautious.
I improved a lot each day of the meet - now the dizziness has almost disappeared.
Catscan did not reveal anything, blood sugar was "okay" (6.5) - prefer it to be about 5 but if it had been 4 or something - it would explain being light headed.

I am scheduled for more tests July 18, but at this point don't know much, except feeling okay again.

Now, it's about that sun/wind burn I got on the way home that makes it so I don't want to move anything!

post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Saw this 2004 SSR for sale that had some interesting things done.
You may have seen me post several times that I like our OEM chromes - not that I am against custom wheels - just rare I see any I like better than what we have
I purchased "Minnie's" 04 for North Freeway - has these same wheels - they look great on both vehicles.
Unfortunately the guy curbed one on the
It has a really trick sound system - also has some interesting LED lighting.

SSR's for Sale that I like...-6395.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-6395-wheels.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-6395-dropdown-screen.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-6395-audio-controls.jpgSSR's for Sale that I like...-10639-minnie-s.jpg

post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 04:33 PM

My SSR:
2004 UV B105918 Born on 2/23/04 Standard upgrades Jeremy tuned
Those wheels are sharp I seen them before on some wheel site and I think you can remove the yellow from them. Nice job Cash enjoy seeing whats out there and comparing it to what I have. Hope your feeling better and everything works out for you.
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 06:29 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Like the look of those wheels but I had a truck with wheels with all those cap screws on the inside lip of the rim and they were a PIA to clean
DOOPHUS and mikebike like this.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:11 PM

My SSR:
Black 05, 21,000 miles, automatic, most options, Had black wheels REMOVED now chrome.
It really hurts me to see a abused rather than used SSR. Some I have seen lately were not cared for at all. Many of these owners are people that just don't take care of anything they own including the ssr. You would think they would have bought one to have a sharp looking vehicle to be proud of and the envy of the neighbors. BUt obviously that has not been the case with a lot of these. In jefferson City right now there is a red 04 with 50 some thousand miles on it. I see the cup holder broken, vent broken, dash scratched, scratches on the passenger fender, tail gate had things dragged over it in and out of the bed, hood spear cracked, ding in rear fender etc are all obvious at first glance. All for a $19,000 dollar asking price. It has been there for a couple months and will probably go to auction soon as I just can't see anyone buying it in that condition for that price.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 06:43 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
I agree. I see these reality shows where someone is selling a vehicle sitting out in the middle of a field or just parked somewhere for years and the potential buyer will ask the seller if it runs and his response will be "well it ran when I put it there"
I'll probably never understand their thinking.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR for Sale Sections > SSRs for Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in