Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSRs for sale on EBay

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ricardo 
#1 ·
49 SSRs listed on EBay today. Several new listing for 04s with notation that they are selling under MSRP.

Item #2468244217 is a black 03, 1SB, with running boards, showing reserve met at $41100 - looks like someone is going home with this one, possibly at a great price.:cheers

#2 ·
SSRs on EBay

The SSR on the previous post was pulled at the last minute - no longer available for sale. Maybe the $41000 figure didn't sit well with the seller.

Check this EBay auction number - #2471289062 ( sorry - haven't figured out how to post links yet). It shows as having sold @ 30300 - no indication that it's a right to buy auction, and the seller has a pretty good track record. If this is legit, Christmas comes early for someone.

#3 ·
Scam on EBay

I had sent a message to the purchaser on the $30300 deal. He emailed me back to say it was a scam - apparently someone had hacked into the auction using the name of someone legit, and the deposit needed to be wired to an account in Europe.

I guess the lesson is to make contact with any seller you would consider purchasing from before you part with any funds.

#4 ·
eBay rocks!!!

We got ours on eBay. Actually, we will be picking it up next week. I'll post pictures because it will be interesting to see. The wife and I are riding the Harley, with a single rail trailer behind it from Northern Virginia to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Then when we do the paperwork and get the SSR, the trailer will go behind the truck and the Fatboy will get a ride back to Virginia.

The MSRP on ours is about 46,500 and the winning bid was 42440.23 which was the reserve price.

Our winning bid.

Diggs

#5 ·
Cool Diggs!

I know you will love the ride.

I went to me dealer to pick up my tags and he said they are getting a silver one in in two weeks. No serious inquiries yet. Anyone interested? Van Cheverolet ask for Larry.

I also saw at a different dealer.

If this yellow one they have is different from the one they had before they probably have it marked up to much, just like before, but if any one is interested it is at Huffines Lewisville.

#6 ·
Congratulations

I was watching this one, and was going to email the purchaser today to see if this one was legit - looked OK, being in a GM showroom and all, but after some of the scams lately ......

Let us know how the trip back goes - I've finally located a pre-loved one, and it's going to be a bit of a road trip back with it.

#7 ·
Congrats, Diggs

Diggs said:
We got ours on eBay. Actually, we will be picking it up next week. I'll post pictures because it will be interesting to see. The wife and I are riding the Harley, with a single rail trailer behind it from Northern Virginia to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our winning bid.

Diggs
I envy you, but have had my own great SSR experiences. Can't wait to see your pix. Happy cruisin'.

Even though EBay buys are a common topic here, I don't remember another poster who actually bought an SSR on EBay. We are all curious to see how it goes. Keep us "posted" lol.

#8 ·
We have it...

Rental car from Woodbridge, VA to Ann Arbor, MI - $119 + $40 gas

Tolls (PA and OH turnpike) - $30

Driving a new SSR from Michigan to Virginia - priceless!!

Diggs

#12 ·
WAYNESWORLD said:
I know that must have been some trip. Can't wait to take mine on a road trip. The purple is really an awesome color and looks good with the boards. Congrads.
:cool :) ;)
We got to do a couple of things on the trip. Enjoy the SSR was first. Test it for weathertightness (it rained almost the whole trip) was second. Third was getting those first few miles out of the way so I could open it up.

I was not crazy about the purple but that is what the wife wanted. I am not a complete convert yet (my GTO is black) but it is definitely growing on me.

Diggs

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.