Chevy SSR Forum banner

Crisp Motorsports Park - Georgia SSR Rally

5K views 48 replies 29 participants last post by  HUAW 
#1 · (Edited)
It is with deep regret that @Light Show and I have CANCELLED this event.

The owner and coordinator of the track have stopped communicating with us; they would not give us a firm commitment on price or timing!! Our hands are tied and we regret having to remove this event from the rally, but we have no other choice.

This event is being replaced with a lunch stop at Cordelia's Restaurant at the beautiful Lake Blackshear Resort...following our run to Andersonville National Historic Site.

#2 ·
@Light Show and I are adding another cruise/event to the Southeast SSR Rally in Warner Robins this October 2018.

Crisp Motorsports Park is a 3/8 mile paved/banked short track in the town of Cordele Georgia (45 minute drive from the hotel).

We will each be allowed to take the track (4 to 5 laps with a signed wavier) and speed will be limited only by your comfort level to push the pedal a little harder with each lap!!

Attached below is a short video of Mike and I as Pace Cars for a local event held on the 21st of July 2018.

Special thanks to Daryl Lester for the amazing photography...he will also be attending/recording parts of our October rally!!

Please let us know if you're interested in taking the track, cost is TBD!!

Alex

P.S. See if you can spot @BSTPAPA :laugh:

Video
So that makes 3 tracks? Wow! If the price is not out of this world it sounds like another "Gotta do it" so put me down as a definitely likely.

How fast was your PACE Speed just out of curiosity ? 3/8 mile is a pretty short track / tight curve in an oval.

What are the safety rules? Helmets? Seatbelt vs harnesss? top up/down? etc.

#3 ·
Nope, just two tracks...This is the same track we mentioned before.
This thread is going to be used more for a Head Count.

(We were asked to stay at about 40 mph for the pace car laps;
no additional safety gear was mentioned, top down was not discussed)

We were told we can drive as fast as we want and can handle...DRIVER ASSUMES ALL RISK!!

THIS IS STRICTLY OPTIONAL FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE ADVENTUROUS AND JOIN US. :grin2:

#4 · (Edited)
Head Count:

01. CruDawg
02. Light Show
03. BlueStreak
04. BSTPAPA
05. Dr Who
06. soren703
07. HUAW
08. oldfred
09. Bad Black SSR
10. TrikeRider
11. AlbertFlasher
12. Nose Picker
13. Arthur
14. jackatg450
15. Wk Trk
16. rosebud
17. MicDonna
18. SSRFather
19. SSReplay
20. TruckingeeSSR
21. DoubleVision
22. mtr317
23. run faster
24. Stiles Sport Roadster
25. trudat1 (2 trucks)

#18 ·
@Light Show and I are adding another cruise/event to the Southeast SSR Rally in Warner Robins this October 2018...and need a Head Count.

Cute video, I bet ALL TEN folks in the stands really liked it ! :pokey:
Please add ME to any shenagans involved at the MEET
including any race tracks but NOT BEER GUZZLING.
..:nono:....:nono:

#24 ·
Robert,

We are going to try and fit it in after the Andersonville Run on Friday.
It will make for a long day, and we'll probably ask folks to pack a lunch; since there is very little wiggle room in the schedule to add in an organized lunch stop.

If people don't want to pack a lunch; there are a ton of fast food choices three miles south of Crisp Motorsports Park on I-75 (Exit 101 has Zaxby's, Arby's, KFC, Hardee's, Sonic, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Wendy's, DQ, and Captain D's).

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.