Rally in the valley 2019 - Page 7 - Chevy SSR Forum
 252Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:39 PM

My SSR:
2004 UV B105918 Born on 2/23/04 Standard upgrades Jeremy tuned
Just got back to the ranch cleaned up the truck and put her to bed. Great time at the Valley with a lot of great people there and a lot of new Fanatics that showed up. Thank you for everyone that put this together as always it's a fun rally to go to.
Hey Godfather check with Stud Muffin I hear he has a slightly used Yellow truck for sale........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:11 PM

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur, 6 speed, 118667
Garage
We just arrived home from Rally in the Valley at 3pm. Had a Great time, Met some GREAT people! And enjoyed driving the R. Driving there on Tuesday when it was 48 degrees out was fine, cruising a little there OK, On the way home all highway driving when it's 90+ out I was watching my temp gauge and it was steady at about 200. We got all the way home but 20 miles when we stopped for gas and suddenly I hear nothing, no fans?!?! I started the R and the temp was pushing 240+! So we pulled into the shade, popped the hood and the fans never ran. So, here comes all the knowledge I gained in the Tech Session yesterday morning. I get to start diagnosing why I have no fans at all. This will be interesting.

AGAIN Thank You to all that stepped up to greet us, it was a great experience and we hope we meet again soon.

Dave & Liz
post #183 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:49 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur'd Vision View Post
We just arrived home from Rally in the Valley at 3pm. Had a Great time, Met some GREAT people! And enjoyed driving the R. Driving there on Tuesday when it was 48 degrees out was fine, cruising a little there OK, On the way home all highway driving when it's 90+ out I was watching my temp gauge and it was steady at about 200. We got all the way home but 20 miles when we stopped for gas and suddenly I hear nothing, no fans?!?! I started the R and the temp was pushing 240+! So we pulled into the shade, popped the hood and the fans never ran. So, here comes all the knowledge I gained in the Tech Session yesterday morning. I get to start diagnosing why I have no fans at all. This will be interesting.

AGAIN Thank You to all that stepped up to greet us, it was a great experience and we hope we meet again soon.

Dave & Liz
Just remember to come back here (and start a new thread so it is all together) and ask if you forget something or something does not make sense. Most of us have been through it and are more than willing to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:40 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
We also just returned from another great time in the Valley.

A big thanks to Mike, Linda and the others that made all this possible

A special thanks to all involved in the entertainment Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur'd Vision View Post

Dave & Liz
I was glad to meet you and hope you enjoyed the lesson. I would start with a good visual inspection. Pay close attention to the fan ground wire at the connector ffg or the fan. Its located under the air box towards drivers side.
I sent you a pm.
Blur'd Vision likes this.
post #185 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:10 PM

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur, 6 speed, 118667
Garage
Autoprof,
I did enjoy the session, big help for an old dummy like me. But I'm a poor dummy so I need to fix stuff myself. Thanks for the help. Your a great teacher for old chubby guys like me.
yellow bear and Autoprof like this.
post #186 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 PurpleHaze View Post
Hey Godfather check with Stud Muffin I hear he has a slightly used Yellow truck for sale........
I've heard they can go for cheap nowadays...
But don't worry, a little love
and a little tire shine, it'll buff out.
post #187 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:30 AM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Maggie Valley Fun

O.K. Since the subject has been broached, with some trepidation, I will post some pictures of the FUN we all had after the Maggie Valley Banquet. For all that may be offended, PLEASE understand this was all in fun and no one intended or took it as anything more than good natured kidding. EVERYONE had a great time!

Pictures numbered left to right:

1) after many claims that Yellow was the best, Tim - champion of the Ultra Violets - set out to settle the dispute.
2) Pete - defender of the Slingshots AND The SSRfather - tells the newbie there will be blood!
3) The SSRfather exacts his revenge! If you look closely his Yellow is setting squarely on a Redline Red.
4) Tim and Pete admire the results of their efforts.
5) All of the perpetrators - still friends after all the carnage!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	After M V Banquet.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	548357   Click image for larger version

Name:	After M V Banquet 2.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	548359   Click image for larger version

Name:	After M V Banquet 3.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	548361   Click image for larger version

Name:	After M V Banquet 4.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	548363   Click image for larger version

Name:	After M V Banquet 5.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	548365  

HUAW, gasmilford, Autoprof and 5 others like this.
post #188 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:14 AM

My SSR:
"Old Work Truck" Custom Black 04
Micheal and Linda....Thanks very much on pulling Maggie Valley Rally on. Praying you all get all well from your crash. Oh me and Larry (HuHa) hike to the top of Chimney Rock plus 2.2 miles up to a water fall.
ssroe, BlueStreak and HUAW like this.
post #189 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Smoking Asphalt
We had a blast as always it was great seeing old friends and welcoming new friends to the family . Michael and Linda great job and thanks for keeping the Maggie Valley tradition going
DeJul1987 likes this.
post #190 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Georgia SSRers

My SSR:
#1 SMOKING ASPHALT, #2 ULTRA VIOLET
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to oldfred
Talking Mv19

MAGGIE VALLEY.
Here are my pictures from MV19
I know I'm slow but I suffer from O.L.D.
This was a wonderful meet. Wonderful to get with old friends and a whole bunch of "newbys"
THANK YOU MICHAEL AND LYNDA. LOVE YOU BOTH. !

Rally in the valley 2019-mv191.jpgjust some of the cars at Conference center.Rally in the valley 2019-mv1912.jpg

Rally in the valley 2019-mv194.jpgline up to follow PHIL to Lake Lure Lunch.Rally in the valley 2019-mv163.jpg

You guys that missed this one, it was quite special. Mountain CURVES galore. I shook hands with myself around one of the sharpest ones.
HUAW, DeJul1987 and crocksssr like this.
post #191 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:07 PM
Georgia SSRers

My SSR:
#1 SMOKING ASPHALT, #2 ULTRA VIOLET
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to oldfred
Talking MV19 x 2

More pictures, Don't Ja just LUV IT....

Rally in the valley 2019-mv1913.jpgserious discussions taking placeRally in the valley 2019-mv1910.jpg

Rally in the valley 2019-mv198.jpgbeautiful empty chairs, and some overflowingRally in the valley 2019-mv197.jpg

Rally in the valley 2019-mv199.jpgspeaking of overflowing..Mike on his throne waiting to solve all his subjects problems.
DeJul1987 likes this.
post #192 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:08 PM
SSR Pit Crew

We just got back from the Maggie trip via an afterward trip to Gatlinburg for Sunday nite. This allowed us to dine at Peddlers in G'burg which is one of our favorite places.

Speaking of dining...........Big time "hats off" to the poster that brought up going to Maggies Galley on Wednesday of last week.

We were not going to Maggie until Thursday, so the (Oyster Special) deal on Wed. was out for us, but we were not enthused about the planned trip to Lure Lake on Friday. So we rested up on Friday and made sure to make our way to Waynesville on Friday nite and go to Maggies Galley.

Wow............We live in Sunset Beach, N.C. Our place is 2 miles from the coast line and less than 4 miles to downtown Calabash. While you can get some fine seafood and great oysters in Calabash and surrounding towns along the coast...............Those of you that reside near Waynesville, have a very special place in Maggies Galley. Their oysters (multiple choices) were large and fresh and outstanding and the prices beat what we have to pay here along the coast.
Autoprof likes this.
post #193 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:47 PM

My SSR:
05 redline
Mmmmmm Peddler. Going to G-burg would not be complete without going to Peddler at least once.
post #194 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Black SSR View Post
...Oh me and Larry (HuHa) hike to the top of Chimney Rock plus 2.2 miles up to a water fall.
@Bad Black SSR , Howard, it was a great hike that I'll always remember! Also, I said you were like a "Billy Goat", NOT an "Old Goat!" LOL! Until we hike again! Take care! Hooah!
Bad Black SSR likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #195 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:26 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscooter View Post

We just got back from the Maggie trip via an afterward trip to Gatlinburg for Sunday nite. This allowed us to dine at Peddlers in G'burg which is one of our favorite places.

Speaking of dining...........Big time "hats off" to the poster that brought up going to Maggies Galley on Wednesday of last week.

We were not going to Maggie until Thursday, so the (Oyster Special) deal on Wed. was out for us, but we were not enthused about the planned trip to Lure Lake on Friday. So we rested up on Friday and made sure to make our way to Waynesville on Friday nite and go to Maggies Galley.

Wow............We live in Sunset Beach, N.C. Our place is 2 miles from the coast line and less than 4 miles to downtown Calabash. While you can get some fine seafood and great oysters in Calabash and surrounding towns along the coast...............Those of you that reside near Waynesville, have a very special place in Maggies Galley. Their oysters (multiple choices) were large and fresh and outstanding and the prices beat what we have to pay here along the coast.
Glad you enjoyed Maggie's Galley. It's even better when shared with friends as we were fortunate to do this year.

And it was great to meet you.
post #196 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:15 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Yellow 2004 SSR
Hey all Biker here. Went up to Maggie Valley last week and had a ball. Met a bunch of wonderful people with some great looking cars. This was my first rally but it won't be my last. God willing.
I would like to thank those who put this thing on and those who worked so hard to make it a lasting memory for me.
Hope to see you all again soon.
Jack Kinney (Biker24)
Quest likes this.
post #197 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Ralph and Ruth

My SSR:
'04 Smokin' Asphalt, #13443, tuned by Joe Delano
Garage
Great Rally!

Once again, another great SSR Rally. Cheers to Mike and Linda along with all of their assistants. Few people could pull it off after suffering a motorcycle crash (not their fault)! As several have said, there is enough to do in the area that event planning can be kept to a minimum and everyone has ample opportunities to have a great time. We loved meeting old friends and making new ones, and this (for us) is always the high point of any rally. A special thanks to Auto Prof for the electrical troubleshooting session and especially the well prepared handout. Much appreciation goes to 05 Blue SSR for planning the cruise to and meal at La Strada, no small task for planning it from Alabama! Thanks to Gina for starting this great tradition!
HUAW and gasmilford like this.

post #198 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:46 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow - Born May 9, 2005 - #20820
[QUOTE=SSReplay;4274703]O.K. Since the subject has been broached, with some trepidation, I will post some pictures of the FUN we all had after the Maggie Valley Banquet. For all that may be offended, PLEASE understand this was all in fun and no one intended or took it as anything more than good natured kidding. EVERYONE had a great time!

1) after many claims that Yellow was the best, Tim - champion of the Ultra Violets - set out to settle the dispute.
2) Pete - defender of the Slingshots AND The SSRfather - tells the newbie there will be blood!
3) The SSRfather exacts his revenge! If you look closely his Yellow is setting squarely on a Redline Red.
5) All of the perpetrators - still friends after all the carnage! [/QUOTE

Does anyone know or have a picture of the woman that attacked me? She needs to know that unless you kiss the ring you do not touch the DON!!!!!!

Pete
post #199 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:13 PM

My SSR:
In picture #4 the look on your face SSR Father says maybe I should get a red one it held up better then the yellow one......red, black, blue, who cares there all great rides. Rumor has it you have a hit out on StudMuffin is this true....
post #200 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:21 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
In picture #4 the look on your face SSR Father says maybe I should get a red one it held up better then the yellow one......red, black, blue, who cares there all great rides. Rumor has it you have a hit out on StudMuffin is this true....
No, Just the woman that attack me. I agree they are all great rides but I am sticking with my slingshot
04 PurpleHaze likes this.

Pete
post #201 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:49 PM

My SSR:
Pete I would stick with your slingshot also it definitely is one sweet ride and really stands out.
post #202 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
06 Pacific Blue Build 03/15/06 Serial #124061
I want to thank everyone involved, especially Mike and Linda, for all their hard work putting on the SSR Rally in Maggie Valley and for giving me the opportunity to give additional information on the International Rally being held in Branson, Missouri. It was a fun time. I think I have my brother convinced he needs to get an SSR now. I am hoping to see everyone again in October!
HUAW and DeJul1987 like this.
post #203 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:57 PM
RedOhio
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 Redline Red 6spd, 3SS pkg, chrome wheels
Garage
The attacker woman would be my copilot, Nancy. Let me know when you want to do the hit, I'll leave the door unlocked.

Mike
SSRFather and DeJul1987 like this.
post #204 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:59 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcowett View Post
The attacker woman would be my copilot, Nancy. Let me know when you want to do the hit, I'll leave the door unlocked.

Mike
Ouch!!!!

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #205 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:15 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:

Mike
Unlike the many Dons before me, I would be willing to forgive Nancy if she buys me a cannoli the next time she sees me. I am hoping this is an offer she won't refuse.
HUAW and SSReplay like this.

Pete
post #206 of 207 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:29 PM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:

Mike
[quote=SSRFather;4275321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSReplay View Post
O.K. Since the subject has been broached, with some trepidation, I will post some pictures of the FUN we all had after the Maggie Valley Banquet. For all that may be offended, PLEASE understand this was all in fun and no one intended or took it as anything more than good natured kidding. EVERYONE had a great time!

5) All of the perpetrators - still friends after all the carnage! [/QUOTE

Does anyone know or have a picture of the woman that attacked me? She needs to know that unless you kiss the ring you do not touch the DON!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRFather View Post
No, Just the woman that attack me. I agree they are all great rides but I am sticking with my slingshot

PETE, Everyone knew her as Nancy -- until Sat. night! I have it on good authority that she entered the WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM IMEDIATELY AFTER TOUCHING WITHOUT PERMISSION!
DeJul1987, mtr317 and PeteL like this.
post #207 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:57 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 FPR 23781, Pac Blue, auto, her name is Mystique
Post Maggie Valley Banquet Fun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attach01(26)_1560653597632.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	550305   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_212434_1560653656824.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	550307   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_213217_1560653697714.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	550309   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_213330_1560653763788.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	550311   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_214147_1560653797296.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	550313  

06 Pacific BLUE 3SS W/VYJ "Chrome" #145 of 532
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > America > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in