2Likes
  • 1 Post By Guzzi Guy
  • 1 Post By wizzr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research
Lifetime Supporting Member

2005 Six-Speed SSR at Mecum Harrisburg 2017 Auction

Today a black 2005 six-speed SSR went across the block at this auction. It was bid to a no-sale price of $17,000. I subsequently learned that the reserve is $25,000.

Inspection revealed that the truck would only run after being jump started and it was kept running as it crossed through staging areas and across the block. It had the 1SB package, aux. gauges and carpeted bed with satin strips. It is unknown if the gauges or roof worked; the Mecum folks were reluctant to try operating the top when requested to do so. It had a set of aftermarket 18 inch wheels on all four corners, on which were mounted four Blizzak snow tires. Mileage was almost 66,500 and it showed obvious signs of having been driven that many miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 06:40 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
I'LL bet that rode real smooth with the snow tires on all for corners!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 05:58 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
I'm kind of surprised it went that high with that many possible repair issues on top of its mileage. Of course on the other hand, it might just be me.

Dave
tennesseecozydog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:53 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi Guy View Post
I'm kind of surprised it went that high with that many possible repair issues on top of its mileage. Of course on the other hand, it might just be me.

Dave
Agree with you"Guzzi" 12 might be more like it ... 25, like Jimmy Clanton sang back in the 50's "Just a Dream, Just a Dream" Mileage doesn't bother me, it's the way it's been treated and the expense of repairs. Snow tires and after market rims, that must have been a pretty site rolling across the stage.

The guy or gal should have taken the 17 and smoked his tires gettin' to the bank !!! Sadly their are some SSR's out there that have been treated very poorly. Damn shame !!! I'll tell you one thing, I'd take 25 for ours and it's really nice with all the upgrades, BUT and I said BUT, I'd have me another one (Silver, Purple or Yellow) just as soon as I could find a nice one. Just tired of Red and that includes delivery within 500 miles (approximately 8 hours one way) !!! Bob Alexander
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:48 PM

My SSR:
2004 Silver, custom carbon fiber graphics, Superchips flashpaq, 4:10 gear, corvette servo.
A new car dealer here in Albuquerque had an '05 black 6-speed late last year. They were asking $23K. I sniffed around it a bit but I just didn't want a stick. It had 65K miles on it. It was all there, and ran, but it was a little tired. After sitting on it for over 6 months, they finally sold it for a hair over $18K.

Soon there after, I bought my silver '04 with 45K miles and in excellent, outstanding condition for a little over $20K. I feel like I got the better deal.

Condition on these trucks is everything in my books.
DOOPHUS likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 02:33 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Black with 6.0 and six speed. Found it in PA with 10,377 miles. Going to use it as my summer ca
tires

It is interesting, that I had Blizzak's all around on my 08 TBSS (have to run four of them due to the compound of the rubber). It was a very nice ride, I think due to the special tread compounding. They are great winter tires. Just sayin'.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

SSR at Mecum

Looks like this one is being run through for a second time late Saturday...report on result to come.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

2005 SSR at Mecum Harrisburg 2017

Second time around the auction block was no different than the first...it reached a no-sale bid of $17,000 on Saturday. It did not have enough power to even sweep the gauges with the ignition on in the staging area. Earlier in the week the battery jumper box was intact, but by today the cover had been torn off. The underhood fuse box cover was also loose in the engine compartment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR in the News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in