SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 6 sp. with 4.56 gears, ZR1 clutch, Edelbrock intake, Lunati cam, Crane rockers, C6 modified pan
For Downshifter.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."

Sir Henry Royce, of Rolls-Royce
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 6 sp. with 4.56 gears, ZR1 clutch, Edelbrock intake, Lunati cam, Crane rockers, C6 modified pan
For Flash.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Ken, is it possible to post the part numbers for the all the correct components for this installation?

ZR1 actuator with bleeder, the ZR1 twin disk setup and the Katech flywheel are all but impossible to find by searching with descriptions only.

When I type in ZR1 twin disk clutch, I get over 11000 items to search on gmpartsdirect. It seems to break down the search to anything with any one of those words in it, including disk brakes, and anything for the ZR1

You also mentioned two different ZR1 clutch setups, with one having a significantly higher pedal pressure, and going back to the original design.

Dummies like me who don't have any idea where to even start with the research need to know.

I would like to be able to compare directly the total cost of the upgrade vs the LS7, and from there decide on what works for a reasonable price vs the ultimate design.

Thanks for all you do for Fanatics.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flassh View Post
Ken, is it possible to post the part numbers for the all the correct components for this installation?

ZR1 actuator with bleeder, the ZR1 twin disk setup and the Katech flywheel are all but impossible to find by searching with descriptions only.

When I type in ZR1 twin disk clutch, I get over 11000 items to search on gmpartsdirect. It seems to break down the search to anything with any one of those words in it, including disk brakes, and anything for the ZR1

You also mentioned two different ZR1 clutch setups, with one having a significantly higher pedal pressure, and going back to the original design.

Dummies like me who don't have any idea where to even start with the research need to know.

I would like to be able to compare directly the total cost of the upgrade vs the LS7, and from there decide on what works for a reasonable price vs the ultimate design.

Thanks for all you do for Fanatics.
Hey Ray, I'm traveling right now, but when I get home next week I'll dig up the part #s for you. I checked Lingenfelter's web site and he sells a steel billet conversion flywheel for $841.95. He sells the whole dual disc setup for $1595. I believe that you can save some money just buying the flywheel from Lingenfelter/Katech and getting the clutch and slave from Byers.

post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:10 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
Hey Ray, I'm traveling right now, but when I get home next week I'll dig up the part #s for you. I checked Lingenfelter's web site and he sells a steel billet conversion flywheel for $841.95. He sells the whole dual disc setup for $1595. I believe that you can save some money just buying the flywheel from Lingenfelter/Katech and getting the clutch and slave from Byers.

Thanks, Ken

Once I have the part numbers, I can do a price comparison between the two systems. Knowing the Katech flywheel worked for you I'd likely go with that.

I'm going to remove the engine/transmission as one assembly - should be easier to do the clutch replacement and grinding work on the floor. The only question, one the GM info doesn't cover, is how to split the line somewhere between the clutch master cylinder and the transmission in order to remove the transmission without damaging the line.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 10:13 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Update - success removing the entire assembly. Well, relative success. Had to stop the lifting and remove the hood, but got it all out in one piece, so had no problem splitting the clutch line.

The remote bleeder system you used looks different from the info I have on the Tick bleeder. Haven't seen a photo of the Tick installed, so nothing to work with there.

Lonny said he had a problem with the Tick bleeder leaking, so just wanted to see what options are out there, if any.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Update - success removing the entire assembly. Well, relative success. Had to stop the lifting and remove the hood, but got it all out in one piece, so had no problem splitting the clutch line.

The remote bleeder system you used looks different from the info I have on the Tick bleeder. Haven't seen a photo of the Tick installed, so nothing to work with there.

Lonny said he had a problem with the Tick bleeder leaking, so just wanted to see what options are out there, if any.
I know some bleeders were having leak issues, but the one I bought from Total Performance Engineering has performed flawlessly! Unfortunately, they appear to be out of business now. Katech has one listed and I would trust anything that they market, though I haven't inspected one of theirs yet.

Gm part# for the ZR1 clutch is 24260226 and it's selling for $460 @ GM Parts Direct. I got one from Byers for $420 back in 2013. GM part# for the ZR1 slave is 24237569 @ $190 from GM PD and $160 from Byers in 2013.

I'm not certain that Katech is producing the aluminum flywheel any longer, but Lingenfelter is listing their steel version still.

post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 01:53 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
I found this Hinson remote bleeder on the Summit website.

Design looks a lot like the photo of yours, with that slight bend at the slave.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...blc6/overview/

Does yours have a spring loaded ball valve at the bleeder end to keep air from going back in? Otherwise it would be a two-man operation, but much more convenient than going into the bell housing.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
I found this Hinson remote bleeder on the Summit website.

Design looks a lot like the photo of yours, with that slight bend at the slave.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...blc6/overview/

Does yours have a spring loaded ball valve at the bleeder end to keep air from going back in? Otherwise it would be a two-man operation, but much more convenient than going into the bell housing.
No check valve in mine, but I have no problem bleeding the system by myself. Don't have any input on the Hinson line, but it seems quite reasonable in cost.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in