Chevy SSR Forum banner

The 2019 Light House to Light House SSR Poker Run for the Family of Eric Peters

8K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  dingbat 
#1 · (Edited)
Post Poker Run

The 2019 Light House to Light House
SSR Poker Run for the Family of Eric Peters

Date: 1 June 2019

For all who attended and have donated, "THANK YOU"!!!!

The Poker Run was a great success!!! Melissa Peters said to tell all that she truly enjoyed herself and to tell everyone THANK YOU! She said that she really is moved by this group and the love you all have given to me. It really means so much to me and the kids!

SPECIAL "THANKS" TO ALL WHO HELPED IN THIS EVENT. WE DID IT OUT OF LOVE FOR ERIC AND HIS FAMILY!!!!!

I am asking that everyone who have pictures please post comments and your pictures at the end of this thread.

Thanks, Mike (Light Show) Garner

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This will be a Poker Run for SSRs only. Poker Chips to be drawn at the beginning, every stop and the end of the run.
There will be a total of 10 chips drawn. There will be 5 chips of different colors and each chip represents an amount ranging from 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20.
Highest number wins first place, next second place and then third place. In the event of a tie, we will draw chips.
Each participant pays 20.00 to buy a Poker Chip Card or two for 30.00. At the end, cards will be tallied.
A map and names of each location will be provided with GPS info.

It is up to each participant to reserve a hotel room either in Daytona and/or St. Augustine. We recommend one night in St. Augustine, 31 May and then a night in Daytona, 1 June. We recommend the Fairfield Inn in Daytona near the speedway and The Southern Oaks Motel, St. Augustine. Info will be on the provided maps.

Prize awards will be done at the last stop, The LandShark Restaurant, Daytona Beach, during lunch.

We will also be offering a 50/50 drawing. 20 tickets for 20.00.

#3 · (Edited)
We anticipate the run to be completed by 12:00 noon.
And then from 4:00 to 7:00 pm, you are invited to participate in a Car Show at One Daytona. We will be joining with our beautiful Super Sport Roadsters grouped together for the show.

We will be answering questions and doing all we can to facilitate this much needed charity event. The idea is to have fun, PERMAGRIN with our SSRs and just cruise the beautiful scenery along the Atlantic Coast on A1A.
We know it is going to take place right after Maggie Valley and we encourage you to first, go to Maggie and second, attend this much needed event in honor of our beloved Eric Peters. Melissa greatly appreciates your support!
THANKS FROM THE EVENT FACILITATORS!!!!
Please respond and let us know as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
We need a head count for planning purposes.
Use the following to respond: SSRFanatic Forum, Our Facebook Page or to Mike Garner, email:
Navalretguy@GMail.com.
List of attendees to be provided on the Forum.

Final Note: We are also asking for those that cannot attend to please consider making a donation.

#7 ·
I wish I could head south from Maggie valley but have to get ready for summer semester.
Thanks for putting this together. Sounds like fun for a good cause.

Is this enough of an email for PayPal? I thought you needed an @$$$$$$.com.

Thanks

#5 · (Edited)
List of Attendees for The 2019 Light House to Light House

1. SoonerRed
2. Soren703
3. Bad Black SSR
4. Orthomutt (Shannon)
5. Dingbat
6. Light Show
7. Perdormo
8. mdcssr2
9. 2006 Sixspeed Paul
10. NavyRet5670
11. Bee75
12. Hummer 06
13. Boyd
14. Duke54
15. Tigger
16. Groceryman101
17. JKBeads
18. CarlBush

#15 ·
You guys have done good.....

I’m so glad you guys have taken this idea and run with it. It’s really fitting that y’all can have an event in Eric’s memory.

Although we had planned to be there, Debbie and I will not be able to make the trip for this one. We have family conflicts that week that are not able to be moved. Please know that we will be with you in spirit. Give Melissa our very best.

Mike

#16 ·
I’m so glad you guys have taken this idea and run with it. It’s really fitting that y’all can have an event in Eric’s memory.

Although we had planned to be there, Debbie and I will not be able to make the trip for this one. We have family conflicts that week that are not able to be moved. Please know that we will be with you in spirit. Give Melissa our very best.

Mike
It is our pleasure and honor to do this, Mike. We, in speaking for the rest of us, want to do all we can for a very special and loved individual who has been there for all Fanatics over the years!

#27 · (Edited)
Where to Stay 31 May 2019

Southern Oaks Inn
2800 N. Ponce De Leon Ave.
Saint Augustine, Fl. 32084
(904) 342-2354
(904)547-2191​
Link to Southern Oaks: https://www.reservationcounter.com/...e=bing&utm_term=southern oak inn st augustine

We have blocked off 30 double queen rooms for a group rate of 115.00/nite (before taxes). When you call, tell them you are with the SSR Fanatics Poker Run Group. If you want a king room, check for availability and you still get the group rate. Breakfast is included. You have until the 24th of May to book your rooms for the Group Rate.

You have until the 24th of May to book your rooms for the Group Rate at the Southern Oaks In..

Also, we need at least 10 reservations to get the Group Rate. So all who are going on the run, please reserve a room at the Southern Oaks Inn if at all possible.
Where to Stay 1 June 2019

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
1820 Checkered Flag Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386)254-4700 ext.1 Select 2 for Reservations​

Link to Fairfield Inn: https://www.marriott.com/event-rese...link.mi?id=1557235497233&key=GRP&app=resvlink

Let them know you are with the SSR Fanatics Poker Run for the group rate of 119.00/Nite

You have until the 18th of May to reserve a room at the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

#33 · (Edited)
Maggie Valley

I am really feeling good about our Poker Run. I believe in our family to do all they can to support us in this and I know that many of you would go if it were at all possible. We have been talking it over in the trenches and there is an opportunity for everyone who knew Eric and even the ones who didn't, to do whatever you can to help out.

With that being said, in all fairness to those who attend the Poker Run, I am going to add a new rule to the Run. You Must Be Present To Win. There is an opportunity though, if you want to have an attendee purchase a Poker Run Card for you and he plays that card, then that attendee may win with your card. You know the rest.

I am also going to set up a table at the Swap Meet in MV and be selling items from donations and some of my own items. If you have anything to donate and put on the table, it would be very much appreciated. I will also have a sign up sheet for the Poker Run. One last thing, I heard something on YouTube today that hit me right in the heart, HAPPINESS DOESN'T COME FROM WHAT YOU HAVE, HAPPINESS COMES FROM WHAT YOU GIVE!

Mike, (Light Show) Garner

#37 ·
I'm in

ANNOUNCING!

The 2019 Light House to Light House

Date: 1 June 2019
Place: Florida St. Augustine Light House to The Ponce Inlet Light House Daytona Beach
Time: 8:00 AM, 1 June, Denny’s, St. Augustine, Fl.
Charity: Fund raiser to aid the family of the late Eric Peters, of MPD1 Motorsports.

For Hotel Info go to post 27.
Please read my post at Post 33, also.

Count me in! Going to make the drive from Miami to join in.:silver:

#41 ·
Breakfast and sign up at Denny’s at 8AM. Get your cards and first chips there.
We will leave Denny’s at 9AM heading south to the next stop.

This is going to be a nice cruise along scenic A1A along the ocean. A little detour through The Loop will add to the scenic views. Follow the cruise with lunch on the ocean and then an evening car show with live entertainment, who could ask for more?

Who else is in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.