• 1 Post By voodoophantom
  • 1 Post By Guzzi Guy
  • 1 Post By voodoophantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

Angel Eyes----Got pulled over this morning

I believe we debated and discussed this topic sometime last year as to colors and legality.

About a year ago, I installed LED fog lites with angel eyes around them. I chose the blue angel eyes and they are wired separately from the fog lights.

I've seen various Dodges and Jeeps as well as other brands running around with various colored angel eye type lights on the front end.

No ticket or anything, cop just wanted me to know that (blue and red) are only allowed on emergency vehicles and any others using those colors it's allowed for "Off Road" usage only.

So, I guess I'll have to keep them off as I have no plans for off roading the SSR. Came home last week from Maggie as well as Tenn. and had 'em on the whole trip..........No problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Ex SoCal Nut

My SSR:
Striping by Fairfield, Confidence by Mike in AZ
You've just been dodging the bullet so far. He's Right, in most States, Front and Back, No red or blue. I've been running yellow tint on Yellow Bear and blue tint on Purple Hawk for 13yrs now. Multiple trips coast to coast with no problems. I suggest you go on to your State DMV Vehicle Regs and see exactly what colors your Forward facing lights can be. I printed out the one for Calif and kept it in the console "just in case". Colored LEDs will make you more Obvious than just the vinyl tint on the headlights.
Auggie Doggie likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Red Cat's Fan Club

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:19 PM

My SSR:
2003/red
HE just wanted to see your truck. It is the law in most states. In Maryland we finally go to run [blue dots] in the tail lights.

bird
Auggie Doggie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 01:08 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
Ohio will also drop the front license plate July 2020..

Ever considered the impact of blue LED lights and Ohio law?
Well, Ohio law states that even though additional lighting – which includes underglow, side cowl and fender lights – is permitted, there are a few restrictions.

Your underglow lights cannot exceed 300 candle power
Your license plate can only be white
Your lights must not interfere or blind other drivers
You cannot have moving lights, IE – flashing or rotating lights
Even though Ohio specifically doesn’t restrict the colors you can use, meaning that blue and red are fair game, it’s important to try and avoid these colors, so as not to be mistaken for an emergency vehicle.

Other states do have restrictions when it comes to using blue or red, so keep that in mind if you’re planning on driving outside of Ohio.
BlueStreak likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 PM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
@voodoophantom I believe you are mistaken about the blue head lights in Ohio. My brother had blue Halo lights on his Jeep and was pulled over by the Ohio State Police. Told him to turn them off and if he saw them on again he would ticket him.

Here is the Ohio Revised Code on this topic:
Lawriter - OAC - 4501:2-1-09 Motor vehicle equipment standards for lighting.

"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:27 PM
Ex SoCal Nut

My SSR:
Striping by Fairfield, Confidence by Mike in AZ
There is a difference between LEDs and vinyl . Being a Purple truck, I was prepared to say that it was an limited edition and was a Factory Edition and wait for the comeback....

Red Cat's Fan Club

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:37 AM

My SSR:
Silver 2006 s3 Crome tophat final production # 318 automatic
as per federal d.o.t. law only clear and amber in front and clear amber and red in rear also states that the strongest law enforces so if ohio says no rotating lights and fed dosent then ohio is enforced.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:50 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
I've got blue tint Headlight Armor film on my R's headlights and the blue color is just that, a very light blue tinged tint. I think a cop would have to be having a real bad day (or doughnut) to bother with me.

Dave
yellow bear likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:08 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUAW View Post
@voodoophantom I believe you are mistaken about the blue head lights in Ohio. My brother had blue Halo lights on his Jeep and was pulled over by the Ohio State Police. Told him to turn them off and if he saw them on again he would ticket him.

Here is the Ohio Revised Code on this topic:
Lawriter - OAC - 4501:2-1-09 Motor vehicle equipment standards for lighting.
Thanks for the correction...I have seen a lot of halo lights..on jeeps,trucks,and cars so driver beware in Ohio.When I posted the article,I had 10-12 I read about LED lights.Even some tinted glass in Ohio...can be a chargeable offense.cheers
HUAW likes this.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bissonnette View Post
as per federal d.o.t. law only clear and amber in front and clear amber and red in rear also states that the strongest law enforces so if ohio says no rotating lights and fed dosent then ohio is enforced.

Correct, in the articles I read..Ohio has the white head light and red tail light law. Ohio just passed the one license plate tag this year..thinking it starts in July 2020..plus/minus 5/6 months. Most State Troopers wouldn't pull you over if you never had the front tag on....it was a waste of time. We have glass tint law...very seldom enforced.But,if you piss the State Trooper off....cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in