186Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
BLU SSR
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Monday

After three days of rest, little Red was back to work today. Said our final good-bye's to Orange Beach and our Suite at the Indigo, and headed for South Carolina by way of Warner Robins Ga. We hope to hook up with CruDawg for supper on Tuesday evening and maybe see Dragon2u for some bling. Made it to Dothan, Al tonight, tried to make contact with LifeofRiley here but we probably passed each other on the road, since he was headed to Destin today, maybe next time!
No sites to report other than a lot of damage from last years Hurricane and still a lot of blue tarps on roofs along 231 and I 10. Bedtime now -- See You All Down The Road!
CruDawg and SWT RYD like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 05:27 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Jim, WARNING. Dragon has good quality stuff, but it's ADDICTIVE. LOL Drive safely. Robert
post #63 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:55 AM
Ret. Air Force

My SSR:
Mazzy, 04 Silver, Custom Side Pipes, Flames on Doors, and One Sweet Looking @$$!!
Garage
Tina and I had a wonderful evening visiting with Jim and Lois @SSReplay

We went to a nice steak house in Macon (Texas Border Grill).
Before we even arrived, I told Jim that I was paying for dinner.
After dinner Jim insisted on paying. So I decided we should arm wrestle to settle this.
While we were getting ready for me to break his arm into tiny pieces...
...he secretly handed his card to the waitress and off she went.
Brains won out over bronze (this time)...well played Jim, WELL PLAYED!!

Tina and I really enjoyed spending time with you both...
...even though it wasn't long enough for us.
We hope to be able to make it Branson, if so, we'll see you there.

Safe Travels Family!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190219_210030.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	542049   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190219_232550.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	542051  

..."We live in fame or go down in flame."
(Hey! Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:17 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruDawg View Post
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/grouphug.gif[/IMG]
After dinner Jim insisted on paying. So I decided we should arm wrestle to settle this.
Brains won out over bronze (this time)...well played Jim, WELL PLAYED!! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/patriot.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif[/IMG]

Tina and I really enjoyed spending time with you both...even though it wasn't long enough for us.
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/party.gif[/IMG]
Safe Travels Family!!
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/seeya.gif[/IMG]
Great pictures. I think I saw a Bra that big at the Flora-Bama bar. LOL
CruDawg likes this.
post #65 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:36 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Jim
I have enjoyed keeping up with your adventures with envy.
School closed again today because of snow.

When did you get the stripes put on your SSR. I don't recall seeing those at the meet and greet in Columbus this past fall. How about some more pictures of them. Are they paint or a decal?
post #66 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:52 PM

My SSR:
05 redline
I don't remember seeing the stripes either. They do look good.
post #67 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 AM

My SSR:
2005 Smokin' Asphalt #14920
I don't remember the stripes either, but I missed the Columbus meet last October.
post #68 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruDawg View Post

Brains won out over bronze (this time)...well played Jim, WELL PLAYED!!

Tina and I really enjoyed spending time with you both...
...even though it wasn't long enough for us.

Safe Travels Family!!

Alex,
When you get old you have to be sneaky to get your way when dealing with you "youngsters".
I can't really put into words how much we enjoyed our all to short visit. We had a great time catching up with you and Tina--I was glad that newlyweds could find the time to spend with us. Loved your house and the tour of the Palatial Grounds, hope we can take you up on your offer to stay next time. Really hope things work out so you can make it to Branson - IT'S GONNA BE EPIC! Again, we had a GREAT time and miss you guys already, but looking forward to the next time.
Now a short note to all the newbies that are reading this, this is what came with your SSR, a family you didn't know you had! So don't miss out--come to a rally and meet the best group of owners ever, and join in the fun.
nj6969, CruDawg and Jersey red like this.
post #69 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT RYD View Post
Great pictures. I think I saw a Bra that big at the Flora-Bama bar. LOL
Yeah it was at least that big! As they say "Scared me and I ain't scared of nutin"
post #70 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:09 AM
Ms Donna's Driver
Supporting Member

Location: beside the tracks of the "Wabash Cannonball" along the banks of the "Wabash River" Indiana

My SSR:
'04 Ricochet Silver and then along came. SINISTER
overshoulderboulderholder
HUAW likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EVERY MILE IS MAGIC

I used to be indecisive
But now I'm just not sure
post #71 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyssr View Post
I don't remember seeing the stripes either. They do look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBowTie View Post
I don't remember the stripes either, but I missed the Columbus meet last October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoprof View Post
Jim
I have enjoyed keeping up with your adventures with envy.
School closed again today because of snow.

When did you get the stripes put on your SSR. I don't recall seeing those at the meet and greet in Columbus this past fall. How about some more pictures of them. Are they paint or a decal?
Hi guys,
Thanks for the compliments, we like the stripes more the longer we have the R. One of the things we like about the stripes is you don't always notice them. I wish I could take credit for the striping, but they were on the R when we bought it. I have looked for initials or a signature and can't find any, so if anyone recognizes the stripping job and knows who did it, please let me know. Thanks Again.
post #72 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:31 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSReplay View Post
Hi guys,
Thanks for the compliments, we like the stripes more the longer we have the R. One of the things we like about the stripes is you don't always notice them. I wish I could take credit for the striping, but they were on the R when we bought it. I have looked for initials or a signature and can't find any, so if anyone recognizes the stripping job and knows who did it, please let me know. Thanks Again.
I guess I was having a grey hair moment, and they are kind of stealthy. Combine that with the typical beautiful warm sunny fall afternoon in Columbus Ohio.
I should have looked at this before I posted.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG1367_1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	542113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1367.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	542115  
Jersey red and SSReplay like this.
post #73 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Tuesday

Hi Folks, Sorry for the delayed report, but was busy and then had no internet access for a while so this will be short.
Left Dothan and headed for Warner Robins to Visit with CruDawg and Dragon2U. Trip there was on the backroads and slow and relaxing. Saw lots of pretty scenery and was shocked at the damage still evident from hurricane Michael - bad as far north as Albany, Al. Damage was still evident as we went farther north and east but had for the most part been cleaned up. Spent a great evening with CruDawg - see his post in this thread for a good description.
Jersey red likes this.
post #74 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Wednesday

Slept in after a fun evening with Alex and Tina --youngsters kept us out late. Got up and ready to go at the crack of noon, called Dragon2U to meet us at Chicken Salad Chick's for lunch. Talked SSR's, Mike's catalog of bling, and I picked his brain about minor problems and solutions. It was really good to see Mike and Thank him again for fixing my stepper motors and air conditioning vents last fall. He showed me an example of why you shouldn't try to do your own steppers unless you have experience in soldering printed circuits. Please for your own good don't try this repair on your own unless you have done it before, you can do more harm than good, and maybe damage the board beyond repair. (stepping down from soapbox) All in all, had a fun, "quick" (2 1/2 hour) lunch. Said our goodbye's and got on the road to our cousin's house in Irmo, So. Carolina. Here's wishing you all safe travels and Mike luck in finding his next perfect SSR.
Jersey red likes this.
post #75 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 01:00 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Hey you "Travelin' Willoughbees" Got a call from the #1 living CARDINAL FAN yesterday afternoon while waiting for Jan to finish her tests at the Surgi Center. John Tomazic will be attending his 64th straight Opening Day Cardinal game. He will be 80 May the 30th (old Memorial Day). Dropped his weekend season ticket package this year and Opening Day will be his only game. Said his Daughter paid $400.00 for the 2 Tickets. Old John skipped school in 1957 (our Junior year & 1958) and hitched a ride with some Pig Farmers to St. Louis. Now has a retirement home in south Texas he bought by selling all his Cardinal memorabelia (nearly 250,000 dollars worth of "stuff"). Go CARDINALS, Go Redbirds, Go Cards, Go Birds on the Bat, Go El Birdos !!!
SSReplay likes this.
post #76 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:40 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Location: Dothan, Alabama claims to be the Peanut Capital of the World

My SSR:
06 Pacific Blue 3SS, 122302, #239 of 532, Auto , purchased Dec 2018
I have really enjoyed following your travels and sorry I missed the opportunity to meet Lois and you. One thing for sure is you 2 have to have a great relationship to be in a roadster since February 1st. As my wife said you can't get mad with each other being in such close quarters. Do you do all the driving Jim? Enjoy the rest of your trip and I will follow along from Alabama. Over 1700 views of your trip so a lot of others are following too.
Jersey red and SSReplay like this.
post #77 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:51 PM
My First Permagrin !

My SSR:
05 #18193 chrome wheels ,carpet kit , boards , gauge pack , sc tuner and a ton of mikes stuff
Garage
Hi Jim and Lois ,
Sorry I missed you guys in Macon .
Have a great time and keep Rollin with that permagrin ! Dave
SSReplay likes this.
post #78 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Thursday - friday

Hi everyone,
Arrived at my cousins house early evening Wednesday and talked till 2:30 AM (lots to catch up on from the last 40 years). We slept in, needed it, then went to the Capitol Bldg. in Columbia for a hands on tour. This is the second Capitol building and was under construction when Gen. Sherman came calling. Before the northern army made it into town they shelled the buildings from across the river, the cannonball damage to the walls is still visible. Considering the cannons used and the distance, it was some pretty fine shooting. The union troops burned the original building and the present building was completed over the next 30 plus years. It is an impressive building and worth a look if you are in the area. We also got a quick drive thru of the local high school's new campus. The cost--are you ready for this -- 500 million!! (No I didn't put to many zero's) I don't know many colleges that wouldn't love to have this campus. The athletic facilities are impressive, I only hope the education is on the same level.
Friday was spent going thru family pictures and searching the internet for family info. Stayed up way to late again, gonna leave tomorrow---AROUND NOON! Hope Red is rested up !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	911e57850441eb0d-photo.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	543577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1420~photo.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	543579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1424~photo.jpg
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	543581   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430~photo.jpg
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	543583   Click image for larger version

Name:	d8e44782220a592b-photo.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	543585  

BlueStreak and Jersey red like this.
post #79 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Saturday

Back on the road gang,
We got back to our travels today, left Irmo, S.C. around 1 their time. It was a little later than we planned because we needed to find a new route west. It seems that I-40 had a major mud/rock slide around the N.C. border and is closed. The last major slide closed it for a year, and the more we checked the more roads we found closed so we had to adjust our path South. This puts an end to our plans to stop in on @06 Blue SSR - guess we will see Phil in Utah. We made it to ALABAMA tonight and will have to stay south to avoid the deluge that is going on north of us. Hey @SWT RYD , do you have the carpentry skills to build an ARK? Lets see, I think that's 40 cubits by 60 cubits by.......
Well it's bedtime now, gotta get up early to find some things to explore on the new route, so see you on the road tomorrow.
HUAW and Jersey red like this.
post #80 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Sunday

Left Oxford AL this morning and made it to Tupelo MS to the Auto Museum which is closing at the end of March. A very nice collection of 150 museum cars and 20 plus loaners. Each car has a sign stating the model, make, year and original price if known. Good thing they labeled them since there were a lot that I had never heard of. If you want to see this collection I would recommend that you go sooner rather than later since the loaners are beginning to leave and you may miss them. However, they are bringing out unrestored cars from their warehouse to fill the gaps. There are probably more pre-1950 cars than I would normally like, but they were so rare I found myself staying till closing. All-in-all a fun and educational afternoon and if a group gets together to go before they close I would go again.
Made it to Blytheville AR and have been keeping an eye out for Rogerdoger but no luck. We are getting a little colder as we head towards Illinois - our travels have been interrupted for a while since a friend's sister died unexpectedly and we are headed home to lend moral support, I know how hard it is to lose a sibling.
Going to try to stop in St. Louis to see how our interior guy is doing on our 55 Chevy- hope we are getting close
Getting late so bedtime, see you all down the road!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1482~photo.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	543587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448~photo.jpg
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	543589   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1455~photo.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	543591   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1465~photo.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	543593   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1474~photo.jpg
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	543595  

post #81 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:16 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Redline Red
Oh wow I was planning on seeing the museum end of April I have hotel reservations now got to reroute the trip
Thanks for heads up.
I heaved enjoyed your post and lookin forward for more
Safe travels
post #82 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Monday

Hi Gang,
Well we left Blytheville Arkansas about 11:00 AM headed for the cold. We had a great room at the hotel, first floor suite, two separate rooms and two separate bathrooms. Corner room in the rear of hotel just inside the door with a parking space just outside my bedroom window for Red--couldn't have been better unless it would have been a attached garage!
Nice ride to wind up this leg of our travels, traffic was light (even St. Louis wasn't bad) and Red ran smooth as glass.
Stopped by the interior shop working on the 55, and not as much done as I hoped, lots of unfinished problems from Fab shop that should have been done when he got the car. Gonna get a list of problems and take it to a 55-57 specialist to finish it and correct any problems .
Rolled in to Quincy about 5:30 even with the stop. Filled Red up for bad weather garage time that is sure to come.
So OK, this trip is over, planning for Utah and Maggie Valley. Anyone want to take a guess at the mileage total for the last month? I'll buy dinner next time I see you for the one who comes closest without going over.
SEE YA ALL DOWN THE ROAD -- LOCALLY FOR NOW.
nj6969 likes this.
post #83 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:20 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Redline Red
Glad you had safe trip enjoyed the updates
post #84 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:42 AM
Ms Donna's Driver
Supporting Member

Location: beside the tracks of the "Wabash Cannonball" along the banks of the "Wabash River" Indiana

My SSR:
5110 miles is my guess Donna says 5250 miles

EVERY MILE IS MAGIC

I used to be indecisive
post #85 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:08 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
4878 is my Guesstimate. No matter how many it was, as long as you enjoyed it and gives you good memories. See you.
post #86 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:37 AM
Ret. Air Force

My SSR:
Mazzy, 04 Silver, Custom Side Pipes, Flames on Doors, and One Sweet Looking @$$!!
Garage
I would guess about 10 miles total.
What!?!? NO!! I'm wrong???
OK, then I guess I will need to buy your dinner!!!

Glad you two adorable kids made it home safely.
BlueStreak likes this.

..."We live in fame or go down in flame."
(Hey! Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!!)

post #87 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:51 PM
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 red, custom wheels, custom flame paint, flowmaster exhaust
Garage
I'm in....let's see....take the 2....carry the 1...add 7...then I'll say 4,800 miles! (Math is hard)

(Do I place my food order now or wait till you tell me I won? Hmmm...)

Jarod and Lori
post #88 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Ms Donna's Driver
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSReplay View Post
Hi Gang,
So OK, this trip is over, planning for Utah and Maggie Valley. Anyone want to take a guess at the mileage total for the last month? I'll buy dinner next time I see you for the one who comes closest without going over.
SEE YA ALL DOWN THE ROAD -- LOCALLY FOR NOW.
What ?? No one else wants to try their luck doing Fuzzy math ??

EVERY MILE IS MAGIC

I used to be indecisive
post #89 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Proud Original Owner

My SSR:
'03 #01155 Painted stripes, Magnaflow, K&N air system, Ported Throttle Body, 4:30 Gears. Custom Tune
Garage
My guess...3,763 miles on trip.

RR--Ron & Frieda --- ------I'm on my second cup of coffee and still can't face the day - Gordon Lightfoot
post #90 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:38 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Using the dart board system 4970 miles! That includes tire size, wind direction and what you had for breakfast. Give or take.
Flying Dog and MicDonna like this.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in