Interior Lights, Mirror and Vanity Mirror #'s ?? - Chevy SSR Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By BlueStreak
  • 1 Post By DCailin
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
DFW TX Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Joshvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,397


My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR
Interior Lights, Mirror and Vanity Mirror #'s ??

I'm wanting to replace the interior lights with some whiter, brighter LED's and did a search but came up short.

So does anyone know the bulb numbers for the 3 lights in the main mirror and the bulb numbers for the 4 in the vanity mirrors?

Also will changing these effect the night time dim amber light at all?

TIA


Josh
Joshvette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 07:38 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
BlueStreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 25,905


My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshvette View Post
I'm wanting to replace the interior lights with some whiter, brighter LED's and did a search but came up short.

So does anyone know the bulb numbers for the 3 lights in the main mirror and the bulb numbers for the 4 in the vanity mirrors?

Also will changing these effect the night time dim amber light at all?

TIA


Josh
My understanding is the lights in the main mirror are LEDs and that they are used for the yellow as well by using reduced voltage. I have not looked into the vanity mirror lights at all.
Joshvette likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
BlueStreak is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
DFW TX Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Joshvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,397


My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
My understanding is the lights in the main mirror are LEDs and that they are used for the yellow as well by using reduced voltage. I have not looked into the vanity mirror lights at all.
Ok, after searching and reading about this, what you just said makes sense. I wonder if the lower voltage thing can be deleted somehow and just have the normal lights on when the doors open or at the switch? I don't need the dim night light at all.

Do our SSR's share sun visors with the TBSS or another chevy vehicle?
Joshvette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Roseville, CA well actually live in North Highlands and work in Roseville.
Posts: 325


My SSR:
2006 6spd Ricochet Silver with Blue Flames. Yes, I bought WaySouth6speed's baby truck!
Garage
Visors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshvette View Post
Do our SSR's share sun visors with the TBSS or another chevy vehicle?
I remember Dicktator telling me the sun visors were out of a Caddy but not sure what model. I am guessing the final Eldorado run since those were also made at the Lansing Craft Centre.
Joshvette likes this.
DCailin is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
DFW TX Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Joshvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,397


My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCailin View Post
I remember Dicktator telling me the sun visors were out of a Caddy but not sure what model. I am guessing the final Eldorado run since those were also made at the Lansing Craft Centre.
Thanks, you'd think something as simple as interior lights would be easier to figure out. haha



Joshvette is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Roseville, CA well actually live in North Highlands and work in Roseville.
Posts: 325


My SSR:
2006 6spd Ricochet Silver with Blue Flames. Yes, I bought WaySouth6speed's baby truck!
Garage
I would love to replace that amber with blue LED lighting but I want to redo my dash lights and the console switch lights to blue LEDs.
DCailin is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
DFW TX Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Joshvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,397


My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCailin View Post
I would love to replace that amber with blue LED lighting but I want to redo my dash lights and the console switch lights to blue LEDs.
yes, I agree, I'd love to see some colored guage cluster lights either red or blue for sure.

My Stepper motors are going out on the oil pressure guage and speedo so I need to replace them all soon anyways, I will also light to redo the lights while I'm in there so that info is also good to have.

Well Amazon has some lights that say they fit the SSR for the main mirror and vanity mirrors so I'll give it a try in a day or two if I don't get bulb spec and numbers....

....anyone?
Joshvette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome