• 2 Post By Auggie Doggie
  • 1 Post By James Dean
  • 3 Post By oldxr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 PITCH BLACK, MUTH Mirrors, BGH Tips, Eibach's, Pioneer Navigation, Old school flames, air horns
Garage
Never Satisfied Kustoms Decatur Texas

Not sure if any Fanatics have had any dealings with this business. Also known as Never Satisfied Kustom Performance in Ft Worth. My issue with this business has to do with a rear bumper shipped in a crate to their location in Decatur. I posted the bumper with photos on eBay. The bumper arrived on Monday, I got an email on Wednesday saying the bumper was damaged and not shown in the photos. They sent me a photo of my bumper with the driver side exhaust opening cut/torn and another photo of a red bumper with a rip/tear in a mounting location passenger side. I have been accused of photo shopping my bumper, bait and switch, even though I was told this was the only bumper available in the US for sale and the one on the red R was ripped beyond repair. Now I’m involved with a eBay case for a full refund! Lakecat built an enclosure last week for it and we shipped it via ABF Freight, no damage except some spider webbing shown on the listing when we secured it to the crate.

Not sure how this will end up but for all the bumpers I’ve shipped none of them ever got damaged. I’m hiring a local Plastic Fender Mender to pick it up if it’s found that the damage existed. The body shop says it can’t be repaired but the other repair shops say it’s an easy fix! I would like input on the photos and perhaps someone can tell me how the opening got pulled outward. Lists of clear coat peeling around the damage as well. I’ll try to get photos uploaded and I appreciate any ideas. Photo #1 in the crate; Phot #2 Damage; Photo #3 eBay photo of the exhaust opening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84E27467-62A5-4B54-819F-3C13EC546196.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	545437   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	545439   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEA0CE16-FFC7-404E-A012-9DEC6EF7E81C.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	545441  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:36 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
I've seen some pretty bad ripped bumpers repaired nicely. A shop that has experience with this will have no problem unless it is distorted from heat or major impact.
They are made of urethane which cannot be welded. Instead they heat it and move it into shape then staple the tears from the back and fill and finish the front with flexible filler made for bumpers.
When I filled my Exhaust cut outs I used abs and flexible epoxy then reinforced the back with fiberglass.
When I bough my rear bumper it was shipped freight from Washington State to Texas shrink wrapped to two wood pallets, it arrived undamaged. The way you packed it, no way could it have been damaged.
Greg
James Dean and BROKER03 like this.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:00 PM

My SSR:
2006 Blue over Primer'd Bondo FPR 6spd #23424 slapped together 2/22/06
Mine when it was new had a slight uneven curvature under the license plate. It "rolled in" more on the driver's side. I took a hair dryer and got it pretty hot from the inside and then gently finessed it back into the proper shape. I held it where I wanted it until it got back to a normal temperature (warm) and it has been fixed for 13 years like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
ONE OWNER !!!!

My SSR:
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
Garage
Packed in that crate I see no way it could have got damaged unless they busted the box open when they received it and ripped it with a crow bar !!!!!!
PokerGuy and BROKER03 like this.

Jim & Sherrie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
James Dean & Misstadoo
"Blessings can be big or small, but be sure to count them all”
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:32 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Are the photos yours or theirs? Prior to damage or after?
I am confused. Could it be you sent them a good bumper and they are sending you pictures of a damaged one they took off if it is the same color? Sort of a bait and switch deal? The bottom line to me is what do they want? Another good bumper, money back or what? Did you think to put a secret mark inside yours so you could be assured it is the correct one you sent them? Good luck in all this.
tennesseecozydog and BROKER03 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 PITCH BLACK, MUTH Mirrors, BGH Tips, Eibach's, Pioneer Navigation, Old school flames, air horns
Garage
Auggie...the only photo they sent was of the tear/rip. The other photos I took. The bumper was slightly damage from impact on the corner. They sent photos of the crate and stated it was not damaged. I sent a rear bumper to Mike in AZ in cardboard and another to Munich Germany via Miami International Airport. I stated no returns on the posting as well, however, that doesn’t mean they get to keep it and I refund their money as well. They accused me of bait and switch! If eBay looks at the photos on the listing they can see it’s not damaged but I’m not sure I can get the crate photos over to them as well. It’s just odd that that area has been “pulled” up and not “pushed” in if damaged in shipment. My forensic mind tells me they snatched it without removing the bolts securing it and another reason a mounting hole was torn/ripped!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:31 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldxr View Post
Auggie...the only photo they sent was of the tear/rip. The other photos I took. The bumper was slightly damage from impact on the corner. They sent photos of the crate and stated it was not damaged. I sent a rear bumper to Mike in AZ in cardboard and another to Munich Germany via Miami International Airport. I stated no returns on the posting as well, however, that doesn’t mean they get to keep it and I refund their money as well. They accused me of bait and switch! If eBay looks at the photos on the listing they can see it’s not damaged but I’m not sure I can get the crate photos over to them as well. It’s just odd that that area has been “pulled” up and not “pushed” in if damaged in shipment. My forensic mind tells me they snatched it without removing the bolts securing it and another reason a mounting hole was torn/ripped!
Or like I said it is the one they took off that was already damaged. I would want to know what color the damaged SSR was. If silver I would be suspicious..

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:48 PM
ONE OWNER !!!!

My SSR:
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldxr View Post
BROKER03 likes this.

Jim & Sherrie

James Dean & Misstadoo
"Blessings can be big or small, but be sure to count them all”
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Spirited driver!

My SSR:
06 Slingshot Yellow #22949 Adopted 07/24/2017 @ 11,100 miles
It sounds like they are the ones trying the con on you. I know this is serious, but you should have known from their name...

If it don't turn you on when you turn it on, drive something else!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:50 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Send the Texas Rangers to check it out.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:46 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 red FPR w/ chrome...Wildthing
What a pain....sigh. There is no way that bumper got damaged in shipping and your pic shows the bumper in crate before shipping....with no damage! It was bolted securely to create at top...sides...and bottom....with it being cushioned on bottom.
Shipping freight means it handled by tow motor and crate was built for that.
They are just trying to pull a fast one on ya Dane. Hopefully, EBay sided with ya.

The years teach much which the days never knew.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:50 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 red FPR w/ chrome...Wildthing
And yes....the crate itself was screwed and glued....so you know they got impatient taking it apart...not seeing all screws and ripped it trying to unpack it. So the employee...not wanting to look like an ass...said, "Oh gee, look what I found!"

The years teach much which the days never knew.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
A lightbulb just went off! As mentioned by the previous posts, did they use a crowbar and bust through the crate. Looking at that photo could very well be! They sent me a photo of one side only! I’ll call my representative and have him go by and inspect the crate. Great input and it helps.....I think I’ll adopt the phrase “screwed and glued”.....I’m feeling it🤭
James Dean, lakecat and SSReplay like this.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:17 PM
SSR Overseas, Ireland,

My SSR:
One of orginal 69WD 1 pilots 2003 with custom paint job for SEMA 2004. red top, black lower
Garage
OLdxr shipped to me in Ireland some fiberglass running boards a few years back, and they arrived perfect. Dane knows how to package fragile items for shipping. That crate looks pretty solid to me.

Ireland SSR

Going flat out !!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:42 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Sent you a PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in