Chevy SSR Forum banner

Peach City Beach Cruise picture thread

3K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  VI Ken 
#1 ·
Starting this thread for photos. Here are some from today as the SSR's led the parade of hot rods down Main Street. Hundreds of spectators waving and taking pictures lines both sides over a couple of miles. Very awesome experience!

This is a link to a video I took when we were queing up to start the parade. I'm posting from my phone so I hope you can all see it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vXG3rsBAbZwuh7bN9

#2 ·
More parade pics. 2 from the parade. Third one was before we started. Last one is Kelly O driving into the sunset.

Attachments

#7 ·
The issue with expanding the photos may be a site issue. I have requested the admin check it and let us know.

Reactions: turnheadz
#8 ·
#12 ·
Yep, @trknrod was very popular this weekend. The level of detail that Dennis put into his build shows in the results. Also, the folks from BC seemed appreciative that several cars came from California, Nevada, Utah, Montana and other far away places to be here. We received many "Welcome to BC" greetings throughout the weekend.

#20 ·
Hopefully everyone can see this when the pictures issue gets fixed. It is a panorama picture I took standing on my tailgate. Until the system get fixed, here is a link to the full size picture:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u6gyBhpwZUMT6GAd9

Just got home so will post more pictures later.

Attachments

#25 ·
Winding road cruise video

For those that wanted to see a bit of the winding road cruise that about 20 or so of us did Saturday evening, I have the following video Click here. It is a little bit shaky as it was done from a hand-held phone by co-pilot but it gives the feel of the beautiful mountain roads that we running that day. I spared you the part of the ride that was all dirt and gravel from the roads being washed out :surprise:. This just reinforces that I need to get a dash cam installed before my next trip.

#28 ·
Lance, I am looking forward to looking at the pictures - kept thinking this would be a short-lived problem
Bob and I have been in contact by PM, so for those reading the thread, I am in touch - Bob is great
Also, Bruce, thanks for the comment regarding my fuel relay issue - I am working on it with Bob and KellyO's advice - yours too of course but I don't think corrosion is the issue
Kate's bay is slick as a whistle as are all the fuse box relay contacts - zero corrosion

#29 ·
Then if it's not dirty contacts in the box then swapping the relays, well actually pulling and reconnecting, must be resetting one or more of the many electronic boxes. Have you tried pulling one or both relays and plugging it back in the same spot?

#30 · (Edited)
Bob "pulled & swapped"
I reversed Bob's procedure to get Kate going again**
I am pretty sure he did not "pull & replace"
I have not tried to pull & replace

I should move this to another thread, but Bruce, I sure appreciate your input! :thumbs

""* - When stranded, I swapped #44 & #45 (fuel pump & bed release, thinking this is what Bob had done))
Pretty sure Bob swapped #44 & #49 (fuel pump & hi beam)

#31 ·
The relays that I have been having trouble with are 42 & 43, I think mostly 42 (turns over won't start), I have had luck getting the truck started by just pushing the relays down, as it got worse I swapped them & after a while I have had to swap them back.
I have swapped relays with another truck & still have had the problem, I have pulled the fuse block apart - The contacts all look good but I still have the problem

KellyO

#32 ·
It has been a few years since I looked at the interior of the fuse block. Is it possible that the poor connection is due to a spread gap in one or more of the cross connect point of the two halves of the block? Just a guess but when all else is good you must look at those things that appear to be right but have not been checked.

#33 ·
Thanks for your photos, Lance!

Our Washington SSR FANTASTICS really enjoyed having you join our caravan to Penticton !!

Our leader Redracr Glenn said meet at 10:15, and there you were - all the way from San Jose ! And Jester Mark pulling in at the same time, AMAZING!

What a fabulous group of gorgeous SSRs for the 2018 Cruise - There is something really magical when SSR Fantastics from all over Canada and the USA join together at Zia's for the Meet and Greet on Thursday ! And thanks to Ray and his dedication, the fun just gets better and better !!

Take care and we hope to see you two again !

:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Sue
tickledpink

#34 ·
Thanks Sue,

We were glad you guys let us tag along with your caravan. It was fun watching all those heads turns as we made our way through those little Northern WA towns. We had an absolute blast at Penticton and got meet lots of new folks. Debbi and I look forward to seeing you all down the road in the future!

#35 ·
You are Hereby Adopted by the NW SSR FANTASTICS!

Congratulations Lance & Debbi (and Puppy) :yellow:

We will send you “Adoption” papers so you will visit us again!

PERMAGRINS FROM ALL our family :laugh::x:grin2:

Glenn, Carol :ssr:
Jack, Sandi :purple:
Donny, Lynn :yellow::black:
Mark :blur:
Sue :silver:

XXXOOO
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Sue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.