• 1 Post By BlueStreak
  • 2 Post By BMBLBEE
  • 2 Post By Doug Allen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
xs-cash
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
goodies by mike in az, lyndon wester, greg ducato, & sinister.
She's gone !

Sold the ssr ! 11 yrs , over 10 yrs on the site , met so many people, been to a few runs in the states , the biggest was in 11 at flagstaff !! Was a lotta fun , I will still be on the site , mayb I will win the #14 sig !!!
SilverMo04 and CruDawg like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:20 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Redline Red Six speed
Garage
Good luck! An SSR Fanatic without an SSR is a troubling thought.

Brian
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:09 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Red # 2238, 2006 Pacific Blue #122857, 2006 black over silver 22946 ,2006 Yellow #123521
I have been there and done that BUT IT ONLY LASTED LESS THAN A YEAR !! HAD HAVE ANOTHER . Kay

Other Rides

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
2002 Monaco 42 foot Executive MH
1957 Plymouth Fury
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:15 AM

My SSR:
2006 Blue over Primer'd Bondo FPR 6spd #23424 slapped together 2/22/06
It's starting to not surprise me when those who I mistakenly think are die-hards up and sell their well-loved trucks out of the blue...Art, turnheadz, Focks, Doug Allen, waysouth6speed, etc...everyone knows what I mean.

At first it was a shock, but it gradually became less-so. Now, it seems pretty commonplace. Besides 2 or 3 people, it wouldn't surprise me anymore if anyone else up and dumped their truck for a run-of-the-mill Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette. Hell, for even a Camry or some other generic throw-away transportation vehicle.

I couldn't IMAGINE ever getting rid of my truck...there is simply nothing like it. But, I use it specifically for trips towing a trailer, and there is simply nothing else that fits the bill. Surely there's no other powerful convertible with a frame and over 400hp that can effortlessly tow a camper. So, maybe I get more use out of the SSR's unique features since I use the truck in a unique way. I dunno.

Like I've always said...when MikeInAz or Dicktator sell theirs it's time to turn off the lights and close up shop.
SSR290, Furykay, DOOPHUS and 5 others like this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 11:00 AM

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Then again there will always be newbies. I have had Corvettes, Jaguars and Mercedes The wife currently drives an E 46 convertible BMW with 26k on the clock. However this is my old man car. I just bought a 2005 and I'm loving it
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 11:59 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
The Roadster she looks better topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs-cash View Post
Sold the ssr ! 11 yrs , over 10 yrs on the site , met so many people, been to a few runs in the states , the biggest was in 11 at flagstaff !! Was a lotta fun , I will still be on the site , mayb I will win the #14 sig !!!
tell me that ain't so.......

don't leave the site....
CruDawg and SSReplay like this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:08 PM

My SSR:
Asphalt, Brushed chrome
Garage
I just sold my 57 Thunderbird I'd owned for 18 years and bought my SSR this past month.. Believe me there were some shocked Classic Tbird owners.. Including me.. I'm loving my SSR..
tennesseecozydog and PokerGuy like this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Slingshot Rules!

My SSR:
Slingshot Yellow VIN 20778 Born 05 May 2005 (05/05/05)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DOOPHUS
Quote:
Sad news, Nathan . . . but you'll be back.

Whenever / wherever I go in The Bummer ('86 Jeep CJ-7) I am frequently approached by Lookie-Loos and Wannabe Buyers. Amazingly, most of the more serious Wannabes are previous owners of a CJ who were either forced to sell or just decided to sell. The "wife made me get rid of it" line often comes up. Now they're kicking themselves and some are downright desperate.

Kinda sad but . . .

! ! ! ! ! !
Furykay likes this.

Just Say NO To BBQ
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 02:47 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
I'll tell you IF I sell my 05 Redline Red, I'll have another one in 30 days, whatever color it might be. Same thing with Jan ... if she passes away the house and most of the furniture will be history in 30 days. It'l be a "tiny house" and a 6 car, heated & cooled, garage for me and a and maybe a one. If I die first then it's her call. You can call me crazy if you want to but ... that's life. God has healed me of my severe degenerative Arthritis of the Spine, I'm completely pain free. No prescription painkillers at all. I could even put a fuel pump on a 55 Chevy now and never have pain one in my fingers (that I've had for 25 years). tennesseecozydog
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!

My SSR:
2004 Ultra Violet ... Corvette servo, hood struts
Quote:
WTH????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rob & Tracie
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoat!!! View Post
It's starting to not surprise me when those who I mistakenly think are die-hards up and sell their well-loved trucks out of the blue...Art, turnheadz, Focks, Doug Allen, waysouth6speed, etc...everyone knows what I mean.

At first it was a shock, but it gradually became less-so. Now, it seems pretty commonplace. Besides 2 or 3 people, it wouldn't surprise me anymore if anyone else up and dumped their truck for a run-of-the-mill Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette. Hell, for even a Camry or some other generic throw-away transportation vehicle.

I couldn't IMAGINE ever getting rid of my truck...there is simply nothing like it. But, I use it specifically for trips towing a trailer, and there is simply nothing else that fits the bill. Surely there's no other powerful convertible with a frame and over 400hp that can effortlessly tow a camper. So, maybe I get more use out of the SSR's unique features since I use the truck in a unique way. I dunno.

Like I've always said...when MikeInAz or Dicktator sell theirs it's time to turn off the lights and close up shop.
Doug has an excuse, He has more than he needs and no room for anything else, give him a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK Carver 2 View Post
I just sold my 57 Thunderbird I'd owned for 18 years and bought my SSR this past month.. Believe me there were some shocked Classic Tbird owners.. Including me.. I'm loving my SSR..
I see that Kevin got you all fixed up. Now go to the New members Forum and introduce yourself properly, unless I missed that. Welcome.
tennesseecozydog likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 06:33 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Quote:

Very well said ggoat, very well said !!! A ty-yota kamree is a generic throw away transportation vehicle. tennesseecozydog
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 07:04 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Sometimes life causes us to change things up a bit. I've had two SSRs and on my 6th Corvette, we're living in our 8th house but still have the same wife.

Change can be good.
tennesseecozydog and John F like this.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 07:26 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBLBEE View Post
Sometimes life causes us to change things up a bit. I've had two SSRs and on my 6th Corvette, we're living in our 8th house but still have the same wife.

Change can be good.
Excellent post BMBLBEE agree with you 100%. Love our 05 Redline Red but after 8 going on 9 years I would like something different, maybe a one a one or even a one. Agree with you "Change" can be good and at nearly 78 "what the hell" Bob Alexander
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 01:05 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
Well, I still own four SSR's, including Hellvis, which I purchased new almost 12 years ago. I'm sorry you mistakenly thought I was a "die-hard" SSR owner, for it appears I have not met your expectations. I'm not sure I can sleep at night knowing I've let you down ggoat!!!.

It was a good run Nathan, I hope you win Sig 14 👍
REBEL and ggoat!!! like this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 PM

My SSR:
2006 Blue over Primer'd Bondo FPR 6spd #23424 slapped together 2/22/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Allen View Post
Well, I still own four SSR's, including Hellvis, which I purchased new almost 12 years ago. I'm sorry you mistakenly thought I was a "die-hard" SSR owner, for it appears I have not met your expectations. I'm not sure I can sleep at night knowing I've let you down ggoat!!!.
You didn't just sell a run-of-the-mill 1 of a zillion SSR...you sold a perfect ultra-rare holy grail FLAME PACE TRUCK for a MUSTANG of all things. I still can hardly even TYPE that.

I don't care how many other SSRs you own...if you're capable of getting rid of the holy grail SSR for a Ford, you just might have a little case of ED with your self-assured SSR die-hardness.

lol

PS...when you get rid of the Brickyard truck to fund a 1984 Ford Tempo GLX project you will have officially gone die-soft!!!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:45 PM
I DO WINDOWS

My SSR:
2003 #2393 black SB1 some-stuff-added
Quote:
you just might have a little case of ED

REBEL with a CAUSE and a LOADED AIRBRUSH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in