Chevy SSR Forum banner

A SSR spotted near the Bowling Green Plant

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Flassh 
#1 ·
I have heard a rumor floating around GM last week that someone has spotted what appeared to be a mule SSR in and around the Corvette Plant in Bowling Green KY. It is rumored to have a rear spoiler, molded rocker panels and chin spoiler too (it sounds like it could resemble a prototype 2007 MY SSR??). It is also said to have a special tu-tone paint with what may be a very limited 7.0 L engine in it. :skep

If anyone from the KY plant area can verify this please post photos and or further information about this for us.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Seems to me I remember one of the insiders at Lansing (Marty, maybe??) talking about a one-off with the Z06 LS7 engine in it.

Wonder if that will every show up at an auction. I'd try to beat Doug Allen to that one.!!!:glol

Rumors at the time were that the Final Production scheduled for the 08 model year would run LS7s. Too bad those never made it to the street.:banghead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.