• 1 Post By oldxr
  • 6 Post By oldxr
  • 1 Post By oldxr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 PITCH BLACK, MUTH Mirrors, BGH Tips, Eibach's, Pioneer Navigation, Old school flames, air horns
Garage
Urgent request cancelled. Thank you all.

Are there any Fanatics close to Decatur, Texas that I can reach out too? I may need my bumper picked up from the body shop. eBay states that if I donít issue a shipping label by Monday the buyer gets his money and my bumper! Currently awaiting a response from the buyer to set up a pickup. Want the crate as well so I can see if they broke it open.

Thank you,
Dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:42 AM

My SSR:
2004 in Black and now 2005 in Black, what a pair
Dane check your email
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Have SSR...will travel!!

My SSR:
Mike - 2004 Slingshot
Waynesword lives there but I do not have his number and I don't think he logs on often.

Might contact Dinerman, @Dinerman , he may know someone else.
yellow bear likes this.

"Family is anyone that loves you unconditionally." ~ Sounds like Fanatics to me!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 PITCH BLACK, MUTH Mirrors, BGH Tips, Eibach's, Pioneer Navigation, Old school flames, air horns
Garage
UPDATE.....eBay gave me the proper procedure so Iíve contracted the freight company to pick it up Monday and ship it back to me. The eBay requirements are really hard to grasp but basically if I didnít get a shipping notice to them the buyer would get the bumper and his money by my default. Now it will be in my possession and they want more photos from me when I examine it. The scammers that have it are required to ship it within a time frame and if they donít then they own it! Thanks to all the replies, I appreciated the response but probably was getting very worried Iíd lose this bumper. Best to get it here and deal with it through eBay and at least see if I get paid some damages.

Thank you all,
Dane
Littlewing likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:34 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Sent you a PM
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Railroad Guy. Thank you for the PM. He offered to make the trip up to get my bumper! I believe that most all of our Fanatics are willing to step up....a wonderful group of owners!

Dane
OLDxR
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:28 AM

My SSR:
'06 Slingshot Yellow #21829. Adopted 12/28/13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldxr View Post
UPDATE.....eBay gave me the proper procedure so Iíve contracted the freight company to pick it up Monday and ship it back to me. The eBay requirements are really hard to grasp but basically if I didnít get a shipping notice to them the buyer would get the bumper and his money by my default. Now it will be in my possession and they want more photos from me when I examine it. The scammers that have it are required to ship it within a time frame and if they donít then they own it! Thanks to all the replies, I appreciated the response but probably was getting very worried Iíd lose this bumper. Best to get it here and deal with it through eBay and at least see if I get paid some damages.

Thank you all,
Dane
I hope they have to ship back in the original container so you can see if they damaged when opening.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
MLCrisisSSR....Iím kinda hoping it comes back with a different bottom...or that they donít send it at all. This is the second hassle in a year, UPS cracked an OEM windshield by dropping the crate off the truck. After two months I got the insurance and shipping money back but not without a time consuming hassle. Itís then I saw the complaint website with close to a thousand complaints against UPS! As for eBay, we will see how that plays out. There money back guarantee is fine but if you donít get the requirements completed you get screwed and glued😁
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur, #15535, auto, aux guages, Joe's tune, Mike's spare tire kit, upgrades, BOD: 9/24/2004
Wayne East, WaynesWorld, lives in Decatur. You can PM him if you have resolved your issue.

David
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLCrisisSSR View Post
I hope they have to ship back in the original container so you can see if they damaged when opening.
I hope they ship back the original bumper.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Blue Angel

My SSR:
'06 Pacific Blue #380/532, VIN# 23227, Born 12/22/05
If you are having someone pick it up for you remember it is larger than you imagine. Even more so with the crate, which in my case was a cardboard box. I had one shipped to a local dealer which saved the home delivery cost. However at well over 5 feet long (with the box) it didn't fit in the bed of the SSR. In the box it was too tall to close the lid and the tailgate will need to be open. If you put the top down and try to get it in the passenger seat the box it too big and the part is too flexible to stand up, you will have to secure it to the seat back. These are plastic, very bendy. I got rid of the box, flattened the seats in the HHR from the rear all the way to the glove box and managed to get it home without incident. They don't weigh much but they are awkward.

Sailing __/)_/)__(\___

The Blues Sister of the Blues Brothers
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Sailing....ABF Freight is picking it up. Itís 7í long, 32Ē high and 16Ē wide. EVERY bumper Iíve shipped was in a cardboard box and no issues, spent $100 for a crate and the buyer damages it! These bumpers fit nice in my SRX!
Dane
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:55 PM

My SSR:
2004 in Black and now 2005 in Black, what a pair
Has it been picked up yet? Curious to see what comes back and how it was damaged.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
ABF Freight called yesterday...no answer! This is suppose to be a business, wonder why they wouldnít answer? Thatís the number listed on their website. Sent an email to them, got a reply that stated I need to call a cell number! Same ABF driver that delivered it will also pick it up. When I get it back eBay will take all my photos and information on the damage. Funny though, it took them two days after they got it to inform me of the damage. I think they used a crowbar to open the crate and hooked the bumper in the exhaust opening. They should have removed the screws!
Autoprof likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in