Chevy SSR Forum banner

What Did You Do With Your SSR Today?

1M views 15K replies 570 participants last post by  Stlhotrod 
#1 ·
This idea is on another forum that I visit, and I think it is a great idea!

:yellow: :ssr :black: :purple: :silver: :blur: :blue:

It's early here, so I haven't done anything to mine yet, but a top to bottom cleaning is needed on my R. I hope to get to that today. ;)

#6,844 ·
AHHHHHHH!
Today I finished up building some small DeLorean parts early and got them shipped out so Liz and I jumped in the SSR with TOP DOWN! We went for the 1st drive topless!!!! These trucks are SO MUCH FUN! The sun was out, the temp was in the high 70's, the exhaust was rumbling 1st Gear is alright, 2nd gear's out a sight, 3rd gear hold on tight, 4th gear...….., 5th gear...….THEN 6th!
Dang it we had fun! Headed south on Capital Blvd to Youngsville NC where we pulled to the left lane to turn & head back home.
We sat at the traffic light thru Green, Yellow, Red, Green, Yellow, Red with NO turn arrow. Way too much traffic from all those unlucky working people trying to get home after a long dayt. Anyway as it turned red again and the cross traffic had not moved I hit it! Turned left, hit 2nd gear and my wife panicked. She thought we pulled it up on 2 wheels like Joey Chitwood used to. Sorry to say all 4 tires were still on the pavement but the R just took off like a rocket. AND You're right, I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!! Will be smiling till tomorrow when I get the Harley out for the 1st ride in a year. Thanks for listening folks.

Dave aka calook1967

#6,845 ·
It’s the best of times and the worst all in the same day . Today I found out that I won ROTM right after I got side swiped in the left 1/4 panel . I’m super happy and upset all in the same day . It’s hard to see I hope it will be able to be buffed out and touched up on the bumper . Dave

Attachments

#6,847 ·
Ouch Dave!!! Sorry to hear about that. Yes, it certainly could've been worse but don't the so called "little things" bother us the most!!

==============
David :black:
View attachment 541211 - Good luck with the repair, Dave.
Thanks Dave , Im just upset that someone can hit you and walk away like nothing happened . The patrolman saw that I was upset but unless you have a witness to say what happened then it's your word against the other guy .
So I had to just bend over , take it and leave . :crying:

#6,852 · (Edited)
Nothing !!! Just went out in the garage and looked at that ... ugly, bucket of junk, money pit, overpriced General Motors biggest mistake since Ford made the Edsel !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Truthfully ... went out in the garage, dusted the old girl off and told her how much I loved her and she is certainly one of kind, soon to be as collectable as a 63 Split Window Corvette or 61 Impala 409 Super Sport. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

I AM HEREBY DESIGNATING next Year 02/ 02/ 2020 or 02/20/2020 as National Special SSR Day ... Take Your Pick !!! I kinda' like "Oh Two, Twenty, Twenty, Twenty" Just some more literary B S from the keyboard of tennesseecozydog !!! :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

#6,856 ·
Well looks like another week of not driving her. Ice! Actually it's the salt and san d they put down. Won't take her out in the salt. That's what my Ram dually is for. Just got it washed and cleaned up from muddy roads out hunting. I'm going to start her up tomorrow,just to charge up her battery and get charged up myself, just listening to here purr.

#6,857 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about the sideswipe Jersey Red! If you were close I'd buff it out for you.

TODAY I installed my new Bilsteins on the back of mine. If I was able to post a pic of the shocks you'd all be "shocked" The pass side one is an inch shorter than the driver side shock. AND the Bilstein on the driver side was the wrong series to boot.
Then I played with the STUPID cup holder on the drivers side that replaces the nothing that was there when we bought the truck. One thing that I hate working on is dash work. I'm too old and fat to do anything under the dash. So I pushed a little too hard on it and it clicked in firmly but is too far in and it does not work now. Dag nab it! I can't get it to come back out!

#6,858 ·
Well, we had a nice sunny day Sunday. Enough rain for a few days to wash away the salt on the roads from the recent snows. Time to take the Roadster out and stretch her legs.

Dropped the top and me and the wife enjoyed an aimless cruise out and around the beautiful Tennessee countryside. Decided to turn for home base and heard a pop-pop-pop-pop from the drivers rear tire. Stopped thinking I picked up a rock.

No such luck! Big shiny Bolt head right in the middle of the tread. Darn it. Hoping I could make it back to town - drove slow avoiding the highway. Sunday and nowhere open to get it checked. Made it to the garage and closed her up.

Flash forward to today. Home from out of town, checked the Red Roadster and the tire was holding up. Limped to my favorite tire dealer. I was sure I would have to replace the tire from internal damage.

But NO! Used a wrench to turn the bolt out of the rubber - and no puncture! Checked for damage and nothing. Nada! Celebrated with another spin around town. Sometimes we are just lucky. Great day! Permagrin restored! :grin2:

Boomer Bob :ssr

#6,859 ·
That is the kind I would open up the tire and put a patch on the inside just for protection.

#6,861 ·
:smile2:
Finally got a chance with decent weather to wash mine. It has sat in the garage for a couple of months after my trip to Raleigh to have the gear swap (done again).

It got washed today and tomorrow should allow for a wax and/or detail to get 'er looking about as good as can be.

On the down side, while temps today and tomorrow are up into the low 70's with full sun.....the weekend calls for a big drop back into the 30's..........:frown2:

#6,869 ·
We drove it last week when it was dry, but below zero.

Getting anxious to get lowering on rear and shocks before spring/summer trip. Maybe to Black Hills and Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Maybe snap a few pictures and put on line. I enjoy reading travel updates from members as they happen. Maybe start a general thread where people can do a day by day on their trips. I thought about it last year as we followed the New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming fires around.

Dave

#6,872 · (Edited)
So here we go been waiting about a year to get this done and heavy prep the last couple days.

Just dropped my little red SSR off with Chris at the paint shop, painting a new front spoiler from Eric at MPD and an old rear MPD spoiler that's been through a few Fanatic.

They will also be cleaning up a few deep door scratches cause by road hazard flipping up and hitting the door.

Last but not least they will be painting the newly smoothed and stripped running boards to match.

Can't wait to see her when she's all done up.

#6,874 ·
Sounds like you had a great time. Where is Morgan County? You have not filled in the information on your profile so those of us who do not know you yet have no idea where you are or what you are driving (probably an SSR, though) or who might have been the other part of the "We".

Think about going to User CP in the upper corner of the page (below the red bar) and then the left column on the resultant page. Let us know something about you.

I braved the light rain today to gas up so I can brave the heavy rain tomorrow to go to Disneyland. where it will be parked in a ""dry" parking structure while I get DRENCHED having fun.

#6,886 ·
Do you have a part number or order number for the dice. I looked at yellow dice on amazon and they have about 50 different ones from $2.95 to $ 9.95. Thanks for the info. Kind of the 50's look and I like it.