SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot yellow
Laser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
What's the red dot above the radio?
Have an adjustable red laser on the garage ceiling. It's has a motion detector and comes on whenever I come in the garage. Great for parking and making sure I can walk in front of my truck. Parking with pinpoint accuracy. Had the unit for a couple years. Got it on ebay for less than twenty bucks.
Flying Dog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:35 PM
BAD BOW TIE
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
I spent a good portion of the day visiting and working with my SSR insurance guy. Bottom line is he told me he can't touch what Hagerty offers. Especially the no deductible and agreed on value if totaled. The best he could do is a $500 deductible with blue book value. We discussed some of the things I needed such as Roadside assistance and the Million dollar umbrella and wished me well. No hard feelings. Then I went to see the Hagerty specialty car insurance guy and went over everything and worked out all the details. Only requirement is it needs to be garaged when not in use. There is an exemption for out of town trips etc. I just need to give a copy of their policy front page to my other agent to come under the million dollar umbrella and they both agreed on that. Then Hagarty provided towing and roadside assistance so that was the only stumbling block so I went ahead and dropped what I had and made the switch and got the Hagerty specialty car insurance as of 3 PM today.
1. 2005 Chevy SSR Hagerty insurance.
2. Agreed upon value of $30,000.00 to be paid if totaled.
3. Towing on slide-back truck and roadside assistance.
4. No deductible.
5. Bottom line $790.00 premium for one year out the door.
6. Saved $350.00 over old insurance and a much better policy with much better coverage.

It was a long day and took lots of back and forth talking to both agents but in the end I feel I got exactly what I wanted so it was all worth it. I have peace of mind now. About bed time here so good night.
BlueStreak and Warrior=='06 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #7113 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:42 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtiimer View Post
Have an adjustable red laser on the garage ceiling. It's has a motion detector and comes on whenever I come in the garage. Great for parking and making sure I can walk in front of my truck. Parking with pinpoint accuracy. Had the unit for a couple years. Got it on ebay for less than twenty bucks.
That's cool, so you always put the top down in the garage?

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7114 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:52 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT RYD View Post
Got my new Nitto Motivo's 315/35x20 mounted. Cleaned, waxed and applied Pinnacle wheel protector. Reinstalled Rim Blades. Next project clean and apply protector on fender Wells.
Way to go, Robert! I love my Motivo's. I had them installed almost a month ago but I've only put about 15 miles on them due to my back going out the day after they were mounted But the price was too good to pass up. They seem like a great quality tire and good looking, too. And they're made in the USA!!!
post #7115 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:15 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
Quote:
Got my new Nitto Motivo's 315/35x20 mounted. Cleaned, waxed and applied Pinnacle wheel protector. Reinstalled Rim Blades. Next project clean and apply protector on fender Wells.
Way to go, Robert! I love my Motivo's. I had them installed almost a month ago but I've only put about 15 miles on them due to my back going out the day after they were mounted [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG] But the price was too good to pass up. They seem like a great quality tire and good looking, too. And they're made in the USA!!!
I understand now. You were trying to spin tires, and all the G force went to your back. Hope to see you on the 27th. Yes real good price on the tires.
post #7116 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:04 AM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
FINALLY got a local paint guy to paint the spoiler that @LITEMUP rounded up for me. Disappointed he doesn't have time to do the rest of the stuff I wanted done. But the spoiler is going to look cool! 😎

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #7117 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:13 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red
Quote:
I understand now. You were trying to spin tires, and all the G force went to your back. Hope to see you on the 27th. Yes real good price on the tires.
Ha! You caught me.
Boomer Bob likes this.
post #7118 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 04:51 PM
Ms Donna's Driver
Supporting Member

Location: beside the tracks of the "Wabash Cannonball" along the banks of the "Wabash River" Indiana

My SSR:
'04 Ricochet Silver and then along came. SINISTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUAW View Post
FINALLY got a local paint guy to paint the spoiler that @LITEMUP rounded up for me. Disappointed he doesn't have time to do the rest of the stuff I wanted done. But the spoiler is going to look cool! 😎
Am I going to get to see it this weekend at Miami Valley ??

EVERY MILE IS MAGIC

I used to be indecisive
But now I'm just not sure
post #7119 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:29 PM
MY05SSR
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 6spd. Agua Blur
Garage
Still waiting on fan from Mike at Simple Engineering!
Started changing sparkplugs, only got left side done (wow! they are a bear to get to)
what the sad part is, IT'S SUNNY AND 80 DEGREES OUT (I could be out cruising)
post #7120 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:42 PM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicDonna View Post
Am I going to get to see it this weekend at Miami Valley ??
Sadly no Mic... Couldn't get the day off from work... Can't wait for retirement in 2020! Then I can do what I want! 😉
BlueStreak and Autoprof like this.

"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #7121 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:54 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot yellow
Hagerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
I spent a good portion of the day visiting and working with my SSR insurance guy. Bottom line is he told me he can't touch what Hagerty offers. Especially the no deductible and agreed on value if totaled. The best he could do is a $500 deductible with blue book value. We discussed some of the things I needed such as Roadside assistance and the Million dollar umbrella and wished me well. No hard feelings. Then I went to see the Hagerty specialty car insurance guy and went over everything and worked out all the details. Only requirement is it needs to be garaged when not in use. There is an exemption for out of town trips etc. I just need to give a copy of their policy front page to my other agent to come under the million dollar umbrella and they both agreed on that. Then Hagarty provided towing and roadside assistance so that was the only stumbling block so I went ahead and dropped what I had and made the switch and got the Hagerty specialty car insurance as of 3 PM today.
1. 2005 Chevy SSR Hagerty insurance.
2. Agreed upon value of $30,000.00 to be paid if totaled.
3. Towing on slide-back truck and roadside assistance.
4. No deductible.
5. Bottom line $790.00 premium for one year out the door.
6. Saved $350.00 over old insurance and a much better policy with much better coverage.

It was a long day and took lots of back and forth talking to both agents but in the end I feel I got exactly what I wanted so it was all worth it. I have peace of mind now. About bed time here so good night.
I have Hagarty on my last three cars, no problem so far: my premiums are $1066.00/year? You say you have speciaty car insurance, mine says collector car insurance? I am having a hard time finding the exemption for out of town trips, what is the exemption? My agent has a letter from Hagarty that states that "the collector vehicle just cannot be used as a daily/backup driving vehicle, for racing, or running errands".
post #7122 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
I have Hagarty on my last three cars, no problem so far: my premiums are $1066.00/year? You say you have speciaty car insurance, mine says collector car insurance? I am having a hard time finding the exemption for out of town trips, what is the exemption? My agent has a letter from Hagarty that states that "the collector vehicle just cannot be used as a daily/backup driving vehicle, for racing, or running errands".
Haven't gotten the actual written policy yet. Just did the question and answer sit down and paid the premium. Not sure exactly what the name of the policy will be called but he did clarify the things I asked him about. You are right on the no daily driver like to and from work every day but no miles limits, can be outside if out of town for a day or two and otherwise garaged when home. If i am out and about errands ok. Not just to and from car shows. Pleasure driving ok. I will read the policy over when I get it. I am pleased so far. Will keep you posted.
BlueStreak likes this.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #7123 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:37 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot yellow
Laser Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That's cool, so you always put the top down in the garage?
Negative Bruce - Laser is mounted on the ceiling, above the top of the windshield. Unit is AC powered so you plug it into the receptacle at the garage door opener. Step 1; park truck at the distance from the wall that you want to be. Step 2; Adjust the laser to anywhere on the dash. That's it. Now when you come into the garage, you can see the laser spot on the hood of your truck, you can see it coming closer to the spot that you have chose on the dash. When it comes to that spot you are exactly at the distance that you want to be. As a bonus, you can also tell if you are off from side to side.
Flying Dog and HUAW like this.
post #7124 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:58 AM
Proud Original Owner

My SSR:
'03 #01155 Painted stripes, Magnaflow, K&N air system, Ported Throttle Body, 4:30 Gears. Custom Tune
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Negative Bruce - Laser is mounted on the ceiling, above the top of the windshield. Unit is AC powered so you plug it into the receptacle at the garage door opener. Step 1; park truck at the distance from the wall that you want to be. Step 2; Adjust the laser to anywhere on the dash. That's it. Now when you come into the garage, you can see the laser spot on the hood of your truck, you can see it coming closer to the spot that you have chose on the dash. When it comes to that spot you are exactly at the distance that you want to be. As a bonus, you can also tell if you are off from side to side.
We have one of those and we love it. Park in the right position every time.

RR--Ron & Frieda --- ------I'm on my second cup of coffee and still can't face the day - Gordon Lightfoot
post #7125 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:40 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
OK thanks, shining through the windshield onto the dash, it's a high tech tennis ball on a string of yore.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #7126 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:09 PM
Spirited driver!

My SSR:
06 Slingshot Yellow #22949 Adopted 07/24/2017 @ 11,100 miles
Went out and filled the tank. Only $83.50! Went straight home and started looking for places to live outside of California

If it don't turn you on when you turn it on, drive something else!

post #7127 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:32 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Ricochet Silver
Garage
Had exhaust work done today at S&S Custom Exhausts in Jacksonville, FL:
Had Y-pipe removed behind cats and had new dual pipes (including O2 bung on passenger-side exhaust) installed.
New pipes lead to MAGNAFLOW 12568 muffler (with built-in X-tube)
New plumbing bent behind muffler to Mike's (Simple Engineering) 5-inch exhaust tips.
SOUNDS AWESOME! Can't wait to open 'er up!
Driving to Tampa on Sunday - woo-hoo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	546029   Click image for larger version

Name:	new1.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	546031   Click image for larger version

Name:	old3.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	546033   Click image for larger version

Name:	new3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	546035   Click image for larger version

Name:	new4.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	546037  

Cheers, Carl

Atlantic Beach, FL

2005 Ricochet Silver
post #7128 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:33 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Ricochet Silver
Garage
a couple more pics ... new exhaust and Mike's 5-inch tips.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new5.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	546039   Click image for larger version

Name:	old2.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	546041   Click image for larger version

Name:	new2.jpg
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	546043  

Cheers, Carl

Atlantic Beach, FL

2005 Ricochet Silver
post #7129 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:41 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
I think I've gotten more comments/compliments on Mike's 5 inch exhaust tips than any other part of the R. It really does make the rear exhaust look less anemic IMHO.

Dave
Autoprof likes this.
post #7130 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:09 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Actually did this yesterday and last night.
In preparation for a road trip to Cincinnati.
1. Finally installed frame stiffener from SE. Others were correct, great improvement on ride.
2. Installed chrome 200 amp alternator i think I purchased Total Street Performance for about $130 with shipping.
3. Installed chrome pulleys covers purchased from SE.
4. Changed oil and filter (mobile 1 oil special @Advance auto)

Ready to truly test ride on road trip tomorrow to meet up with Firetruck and others.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190407_135926.jpg
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	546045  
post #7131 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:31 PM

My SSR:
2006 SSR 6 speed FPR Ricochet Silver over Smokin Asphalt 3SS Chrome pkg.
Garage
Removed the old lower rad support and installed the new SE steel support. No problems whatsoever, Mike's instructions were easy to follow and the whole job including setup and cleanup took maybe 45 minutes. Now I need to find a new lower air dam as there wasn't one on the original support. Couldn't find one on SE's site. Next project is the rear cross frame 4 bolt brace, will be ordering that through SE as well.
post #7132 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:55 PM

My SSR:
2004 SMOKIN' ASPHALT
Garage
SE does sell front air dam. Check again
post #7133 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:57 PM

My SSR:
2004 SMOKIN' ASPHALT
Garage
post #7134 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:03 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbush View Post
a couple more pics ... new exhaust and Mike's 5-inch tips.
I did the same plus some other things and you really can feel the torque difference out of the hole when you hit the loud pedal.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #7135 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:27 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Ricochet Silver
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
I did the same "plus some other things" and you really can feel the torque difference out of the hole when you hit the loud pedal.
Auggie! what are the "other things"? My next big thing is Mike's front frame stiffener. Got my pennies all saved up.

Cheers!
PokerGuy likes this.

Cheers, Carl

Atlantic Beach, FL

2005 Ricochet Silver
post #7136 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:51 PM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:
Auggie! what are the "other things"? My next big thing is Mike's front frame stiffener. Got my pennies all saved up.

Cheers!
Carl, Let us know when you save up and get it installed. I think you will notice a difference you will like--not a rougher ride, but firmer, tighter feel. IMHO . Good luck with the piggy bank -- Also, I like the upgrades you just finished, keep up the good work.
Autoprof and carlbush like this.
post #7137 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:56 PM

My SSR:
2006 SSR 6 speed FPR Ricochet Silver over Smokin Asphalt 3SS Chrome pkg.
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddodd View Post
Thanx friend. Somehow missed it when I was on the SE site. I have now ordered it.
post #7138 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:10 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:

Cheers!

Intake and exhaust work together if you are trying to improve performance you need to do both. More air in and more exhaust out. By simply opening both up and doing a super tune you can pick up around 50 horsepower without tampering with the motor and changing it's reliability. Need to figure out why you are doing things and then do them.

Not expensive things folks can do and gain over 50 horsepower and gobs of off the line torque.

Had my Throttle Body done by Faster Proms in Florida, Jeremy tune. Took it off myself and sent it UPS. They did it and returned it very promptly. They shaved off all the edges inside and took as much material off as possible to enlarge the opening to match the intake. Very responsive and much faster off the line. I also did the Taylor Helix throttle body spacer, K&N cold air package, Jet High Performance Mass Air Flo Sensor, true dual exhaust, and super dyno tune. The whole thing is like night and day.

On the Dyno it read 362 horsepower and 369 torque at the rear wheels after the work he and I did. He used some kind of fancy formula and figured 452.5 horsepower and 461.25 torque at the crank. Pretty good increase from stock plus very smooth and more responsive. Reset cooling fans, shift points and firmness and overall adjusted everything. This was all done after the K&N Cold air package, the throttle body port and polish done by Faster Proms in Florida, the Taylor Helix throttle body spacer, the Jet high performance mass air flo sensor, and the Magnaflow true duals exhaust. Split the header pipe and am running two pipes into the special muffler and two pipes out. There is an X pipe in the muffler.

Got all the stuff from Auto Anything. K&N Cold air package is $433 and makes a world of difference in sound and low end torque.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0069 (1).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	546051   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0069.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	546053  
carlbush likes this.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #7139 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:29 PM

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur, 6 speed, 118667
Garage
Got our 95 Chevy van into the attached garage to fix the brakes. After half a day looks like we did fix it (finally) Then swapped places with the Blur. That came in to evac the brake fluid entirely and purge another clutch master with fresh fluid again.
DONE! Plus while working we pulled the black plastic cover off the top of the motor and found a little surprise under it. A previous owner installed a G FORCE performance chip. Its plugged into the Air Flow Sensor? with 2 plugs. Its silver in color and about the size of a cigarette pack but thinner. Any ideas what it is? Thanks for any tips. (wish I could post a pic)
Blur'd Vision
post #7140 of 7156 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:38 PM
Spirited driver!

My SSR:
06 Slingshot Yellow #22949 Adopted 07/24/2017 @ 11,100 miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur'd Vision View Post
. A previous owner installed a G FORCE performance chip. Its plugged into the Air Flow Sensor? with 2 plugs. Its silver in color and about the size of a cigarette pack but thinner. Any ideas what it is? Thanks for any tips. (wish I could post a pic)
Blur'd Vision
It is a worthless circut board that does nothing sold to unsuspecting victims. See LA Times article: https://www.latimes.com/tn-dpt-me-07...717-story.html

If it don't turn you on when you turn it on, drive something else!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in