What Did You Do With Your SSR Today? - Page 243 - Chevy SSR Forum
 4841Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7261 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:31 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Finally got my parts back from the paint shop in the correct shade of red.

I think I will be contacting @Dragon2U for a coolant tank topper.

I already have Floyd's caps on order from simple engineering. I am hoping the vinyl guy that did the engine cover insert can do something similar with the SSR logo on the caps. We will see.
After all it's the attention to details that counts most in my book.

Typical IT department: Everything works, so we will try to make it better and now pictures are turned. They will now have jobs until they fix the problems they created with the improvements. Once these are finally fixed what do you think they will do next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_113901.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	548715   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_115445.jpg
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	548717   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_115500.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	548719   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_115534.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	548721  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7262 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:12 PM
My First Permagrin !
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 #18193 chrome wheels ,carpet kit , boards , gauge pack , sc tuner and a ton of mikes stuff
Garage
Hi Everyone .
I went to a local car show last minute.
I was the last guy in the gate and too late to be judged . Oh well she still looked nice out in a field with other classic cars .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C26B9127-4F0C-4F69-ADB6-EEAB2679B98C_1558829504951.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	548723   Click image for larger version

Name:	4D5784F0-7623-4F78-ADE2-67B11718769D_1558829518862.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	548725  
Flying Dog and desikk like this.
post #7263 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:23 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoprof View Post
Finally got my parts back from the paint shop in the correct shade of red.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/sunce.gif[/IMG]

I think I will be contacting @Dragon2U for a coolant tank topper.

I already have Floyd's caps on order from simple engineering. I am hoping the vinyl guy that did the engine cover insert can do something similar with the SSR logo on the caps. We will see.
After all it's the attention to details that counts most in my book.

Typical IT department: Everything works, so we will try to make it better and now pictures are turned. They will now have jobs until they fix the problems they created with the improvements. Once these are finally fixed what do you think they will do next?[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/pokey.gif[/IMG]
Looking good Professor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7264 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 PM

My SSR:
2004 in Black and now 2005 in Black, what a pair
Being Memorial Weekend I took a nice leisurely drive about 200 miles round trip to visit the cemetery where my great grand parents are buried and put flowers on their graves. Nice drive into southern Missouri, two lane road and no hurry.
post #7265 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:58 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Phantom Black Metallic 05, 6.0 liter S.C. auto, Rear spoiler,Air Dam, Kooks headers,
Garage
I took my baby out to go to my Train club to work on my latest N scale project and to check the alignment of several bridges that I will be installing for the club. I then cruised over to the liquor store and spent 5 dollars on my retirement package, then a slow cruise to the local Subway for a Meatball sub then drove home and had lunch. Yummy 4 my tummy. Tomorrow it will rain like hell here, so the experts in short skirts on the Idiot box say, but we will see if they are wrong again, as they have been all week.
post #7266 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:44 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightranger View Post
I took my baby out to go to my Train club to work on my latest N scale project and to check the alignment of several bridges that I will be installing for the club. I then cruised over to the liquor store and spent 5 dollars on my retirement package, then a slow cruise to the local Subway for a Meatball sub then drove home and had lunch. Yummy 4 my tummy. Tomorrow it will rain like hell here, so the experts in short skirts on the Idiot box say, but we will see if they are wrong again, as they have been all week.
That is what you get for watching all the short skirts. You know that Dallas was TRAINed by the great Dr. George and is 90% correct. You should be watching Channel 7.
shakatak likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #7267 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Phantom Black Metallic 05, 6.0 liter S.C. auto, Rear spoiler,Air Dam, Kooks headers,
Garage
Hi Dwight,
I only have eyes for the short-skirted weather gals. I need to look at sumptin pleasin while I'm sleezin and contemplating my Navel while wonderin what's hapnin outside.
BlueStreak likes this.
post #7268 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:35 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Dr. George was a real weatherman but a little on the GOOFY side, and as for Dallas Raines, talk about a Hollywood name. He's not pretty like the girls and after all, it's the year of the WOMAN, and they need jobs too.
BlueStreak and shakatak like this.
post #7269 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:30 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
Years ago (can't remember where since I've lived all over the US) we had a weather guy named "Sonny Skies". I doubt it was his real name and I also doubt it helped his forecasting abilities. I really did admire though his ability to neatly draw free hand all the weather symbols and temperatures on the blank board.

Dave
BlueStreak likes this.
post #7270 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:41 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Ricochet Silver
Garage
Installed the Simple Engineering Stiffening Plate (black powder-coated version). Definitely improved the ride quality and front-end feels much more rigid and stable. I did have to drill out the cross-bar in order to attach the forward vertical edge of the plate, so not quite as trouble-free an installation as I had hoped, but all is good. Happy camper! Has anyone considered retaining the original x-brace below the new stiffening plate ... if one stiffener is good, two must be better? ... asking for a friend.
Autoprof and shakatak like this.

Cheers, Carl

Atlantic Beach, FL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Ricochet Silver
post #7271 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:55 PM
HobbyBob

My SSR:
2005 slingshot,pinstriped/flame detail,OBX Long Headers,Mike's front plate, core supp, fan BORN9/14
Took 3yello to a car show and met 2 SSr owners who did not know about the forum. Now they do and Found a few "parts". More later.
shakatak and SSReplay like this.
post #7272 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:07 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbush View Post
Installed the Simple Engineering Stiffening Plate (black powder-coated version). Definitely improved the ride quality and front-end feels much more rigid and stable. I did have to drill out the cross-bar in order to attach the forward vertical edge of the plate, so not quite as trouble-free an installation as I had hoped, but all is good. Happy camper! Has anyone considered retaining the original x-brace below the new stiffening plate ... if one stiffener is good, two must be better? ... asking for a friend.

Not sure you could make it fit but I think the redundancy would be way more trouble than it would be worth.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #7273 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:26 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
I think I finally got all the bugs and dirt off the TOY from the 9 state road trip. Going to use Dr Colorchip for the small chips I have accumulated. I believe this Kaminari bumper attracts stones.
ROPE likes this.
post #7274 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!

My SSR:
2004 Ultra Violet ... Corvette servo, hood struts
Put a couple hundred miles on today .... mostly highway driving .... it was nice to get the R out!!

Rob & Tracie
post #7275 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:44 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Blessed today, received Best Modern Domestic at a local car show.

Here's a neat UV Chevy truck. Look closely you will see its extended cap. Needs rear win DC now though.

Also present was one of the original 10 Hot Rod magazine builds that they gave away in 1976. It was sponsored by Coca Cola and Levi's. I remember ggv following the build of these in the magazine. He also had an album full of documents on it. He purchased as a barn find on Ebay last year for a measly $6500. He has only invested elbow grease (inside and out), carpet dye, tires, wheels, tune up and brake work so far. Neat project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190526_113359.jpg
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	548869   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190526_142040.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	548871   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190526_141958.jpg
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	548873  
richsadams likes this.
post #7276 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:25 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT RYD View Post
I think I finally got all the bugs and dirt off the TOY from the 9 state road trip. Going to use Dr Colorchip for the small chips I have accumulated. I believe this Kaminari bumper attracts stones.
Here is a tip! Stay off those gravel toads.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #7277 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 04:12 PM

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur, 6 speed, 118667
Garage
I backed it out of the garage to install new door seals in my son's DeLorean. Then we pulled it back in and installed the LED bed light. Whew that took all of 6 minutes! I'm exhausted!
BlueStreak and richsadams like this.
post #7278 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:39 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
So in a post a little while back I was whining about spots that showed up on our R's engine compartment billet parts after it was detailed.

Dragon2U came to the rescue, suggesting that I use Mothers Billet Polish to revive them. The local auto supply stores didn't carry it so I ordered it from Amazon, received it yesterday and went to work. I tackled the worst offenders first, then all of the rest including the various caps and such.

Miracles of miracles, all of the billet aluminum I polished turned out super nice... close to chrome! The smaller parts I did by hand and on the larger parts like the fuse box and surge tank covers I used a Mothers Cone polisher attached to my drill. Some of it took two or three tries to smooth everything out and there are still a few scratches that could be buffed out, but for now they look pretty darn good.

I'm not sure what they used to wash/clean it before detailing but the spots left on those pieces were pretty nasty. The exterior detailing came out great though. They were able to remove years of swirls and light scratches here and there. They commented on how good the original paint was.

Thanks to Dragon2U and everyone else that chimed in. Much appreciated!

One more thing off of the old checklist.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SSR Spot Before After 2.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	549003   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSR Spot Before After 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	549005   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSR Spots After 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	549007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8049.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	549009   Click image for larger version

Name:	mothers billet polish.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	549011  

mikebike, Jersey red and shakatak like this.

Cheers,

Rich

post #7279 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:45 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by richsadams View Post
So in a post a little while back I was whining about spots that showed up on our R's engine compartment billet parts after it was detailed.

Dragon2U came to the rescue, suggesting that I use Mothers Billet Polish to revive them. The local auto supply stores didn't carry it so I ordered it from Amazon, received it yesterday and went to work. I tackled the worst offenders first, then all of the rest including the various caps and such.

Miracles of miracles, all of the billet aluminum I polished turned out super nice... close to chrome! The smaller parts I did by hand and on the larger parts like the fuse box and surge tank covers I used a Mothers Cone polisher attached to my drill. Some of it took two or three tries to smooth everything out and there are still a few scratches that could be buffed out, but for now they look pretty darn good.

I'm not sure what they used to wash/clean it before detailing but the spots left on those pieces were pretty nasty. The exterior detailing came out great though. They were able to remove years of swirls and light scratches here and there. They commented on how good the original paint was.

One more thing off of the old checklist.
Thanks for posting -- the metal polish I have been using doesn't seem to work as well as this!
AMAZON here I come!
richsadams likes this.
post #7280 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:

One more thing off of the old checklist. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/coolgleamA.gif[/IMG]
Had same problem with water spots, used diluted CRL, easy wipe on wipe off, spots gone. Also can't figure out why parts houses don't carry the Billet polish.
richsadams likes this.
post #7281 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:55 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoprof View Post
Thanks for posting -- the metal polish I have been using doesn't seem to work as well as this!
AMAZON here I come!
Between the polish and the polisher cone thing I was impressed. A good bench grinder/polisher could probably get every last scratch out, but that's for another day (and more allowance $$).

Guess I should say that I don't work for or have any relationship to Mothers products... other than liking this particular one because it seems to really shine! (Get it, see what I did there? )

Cheers,

Rich

post #7282 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:57 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
Quote:
Here is a tip! Stay off those gravel toads.
I think they were accumulated in Nebraska. I think they were grinding and paving every interstate we were on.
post #7283 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:58 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004 yellow
That stuff is the greatest on aluminum parts. All of Dragons parts get it before I leave for a show. A quick wipe and blinding shine. It works great on my locking billet gas cover too.Not so much on stainless,but a little Mother's detailer and the same shine.
Autoprof and richsadams like this.

“Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”
post #7284 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:58 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Had same problem with water spots, used diluted CRL, easy wipe on wipe off, spots gone. Also can't figure out why parts houses don't carry the Billet polish.
I have some CLR (I think you said you used a 50/50 water mix?) but I was hesitant to use it near some of the painted parts. Probably would have been fine though. These spots seemed like more than water spots though. They were pretty tough. Just glad they're history.

Forgot to mention that the surge tank cover was getting a bit loose. So I went ahead and pulled it off polished it on my workbench, scraped off the residue on the back and the tank (silicon?) and used some 2" 3M auto body tape to reattach it. What's old is new again!

Cheers,

Rich

post #7285 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 02:17 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
I have some CLR (I think you said you used a 50/50 water mix?) but I was hesitant to use it near some of the painted parts. Probably would have been fine though. These spots seemed like more than water spots though. They were pretty tough. Just glad they're history.
I thought of that also, it is used on porcelain counter tops and no problems.
richsadams likes this.
post #7286 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 03:03 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Here are a couple new additions. One from Mike at Simple Engineering and the other from my motorcycle group, Christian Motorcyclists Association.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0125.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	549019   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0126.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	549021  

Auggie Doggie <><
post #7287 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:10 AM

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot
Garage
Last night we decided to cruise to our local A&W restaurant because every Wednesday they have a show and shine. It was beautiful last night so we decided to go top down. Well I hit the button and nothing. Toggled it both ways and nothing. At that point I decided we'd go in another car. I looked down at the dash and the message says "Depress brake " Well duh. I forgot all about that. Top went down and it was a perfect night. Either we do not get enough top down weather where we live or my truck is turning into a garage queen.
John F.
ROPE and Auggie Doggie like this.
post #7288 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:14 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Chrome in and out, OH SO Orange stripes w/"warp speed" air brushed door accents.
Activated the insurance on our "summer cars" today.
My SSR get's "new shoes" (Continentals) next Friday morning
post #7289 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:36 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004 yellow
Keep on Auggie, you'll have as many tattoos on her as mine does. Lol
Auggie Doggie likes this.

“Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”
post #7290 of 7447 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:54 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Last night we decided to cruise to our local A&W restaurant because every Wednesday they have a show and shine. It was beautiful last night so we decided to go top down. Well I hit the button and nothing. Toggled it both ways and nothing. At that point I decided we'd go in another car. I looked down at the dash and the message says "Depress brake " Well duh. I forgot all about that. Top went down and it was a perfect night. Either we do not get enough top down weather where we live or my truck is turning into a garage queen.
John F.
The book and some of the old timers say
1. Key on, engine running.
2. Stopped with foot on brake then hit button.

I have made the same mistake. They say engine running because it draws so much electric juice to go up and down.
If you do it a few times without running, the battery may go dead and you can't start it. The brake on is because some folks have tried to do a rolling top down episode and bent their hinges. I have put my top down at a stop light but I made sure I was completely stopped, foot on break. People freak out when they see your top go down.About a week ago I had put the top up when stopped for lunch with SWR RYD and locked it. When we came out I hit the fob to open doors, got in and top would not go down. With his help we figured out I must have hit the rear cover button and it popped open just a smidgen because my struts are old and weak and the top would not go down. I checked the dash and it said rear cover ajar. The thing is smarter then me. Always learning. You can teach this old dog new tricks. Motor on!!!
BlueStreak and TXNSSR like this.

Auggie Doggie <><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in