Chevy SSR Forum banner

Wow...someone paid $50,000 for a non-chrome non FPR yellow truck at Barrett Jackson!

3K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  PokerGuy 
#1 ·
What the hell??!?!?!!!

Who would pay 50 grand for a basic yellow truck with no chrome, not FPR, 2005 automatic with 2300 miles??!?!!!!?!!!!

The seller has got to be REALLY happy!

#4 ·
:smile2:

Quite a bit of the above I would agree would be "spot on" accurate. Not too sure the cab company would try to add inventory with another two seater.

It's great to have the (high rollers) paying attention at these auctions and boosting our ultimate values over time.:wink2:

#10 ·
He must have gotten the best one as he paid the most. What do you think???

#15 ·
BTW...I always loved the way the yellow looks with the yellow running boards and chrome rims. Almost bought one before I bought mine! But sometime between the time the pics were posted and the time I got there the dealer had switched the boards to silver when it was originally built with yellow ones. When I told the salesman it was supposed to have yellow boards, he told me I was flat-out wrong. Nevermind that the truck was new and the boards looked well used. Passed on that one!

#20 ·
So many goofballs, so little time!

Interesting posts / comments so far . . .

Anyone ready to guess how much higher the Sale Price would have been if it had Slingshot Yellow Wheels?

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !
Are we looking at a plus-minus situation?

I hear their running low on short buses that's why the high price, also the red ones are being bought up by the Red Checker Taxi companies a little black checkerboard pattern down the side and their good to go:grin2:
Once you drive the original colour:purple: hard to think about driving another color
I don't even know what to say to you, but really happy you are content with your SSR
I really love all the colours, but if they were all one it would be pretty boring.
Frankly, Ultra Violet would have been my last choice, but it certainly has grown on me
How big is your motor again?

There are so many beautiful Yellow SSR trucks running around. It Is like the dandelions In my yard, They just popping up. A sight to behold.
When I go to Penticton and see the dandelions in our group it just reminds me of the crap I have to deal with when I get home
One dandelion is cute as hell - a bunch is a headache!

Is this the RED CHECKER TAXI you speak of? It's actually for sale on Auto Trader/Truck Trader AZ!
If Dick did that checker stuff you should slap him on the side of the head!

#28 ·
My guess is it would add minus 2K, because your marketplace just shrunk a bunch.

Any now back to my pulled pork feast.>:)

Reactions: DOOPHUS
#26 ·
GM only produced the SSRs in TWO colors, Black and others.

Jack
Jack:
Funny when they did that original Commercial about the SSR driving onto the car carrier at speed, they did not use a Black one or a Red one, or a Purple one, or a silver one. Not a Blue one or a two tone, or even an AquaBlur.
They put the fast one on there . . . .
You know which one it is, ask Doophus.
LKMURKY
:yellow::blur:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3A2D8A065590D9B28E1C3A2D8A065590D&FORM=VDQVAP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.