LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Rogue Twenty
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Red
ABS Control Module - GM (19245462)

Gentlemen,
My Father left his 2005 SSR and I am restoring her and have run into an impasse; the ABS control module is bad and I can't find a replacement. My available options are to send it off to get rebuilt or wait an indefinite time for it no longer be on national back order. Can anyone suggest a service provider as there are so many at varying prices to choose from? Be well, Thomas
sprooney likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:34 PM
SJA
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Silver with 126,000 mi. s#4B109910
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Boyle View Post
Gentlemen,
My Father left his 2005 SSR and I am restoring her and have run into an impasse; the ABS control module is bad and I can't find a replacement. My available options are to send it off to get rebuilt or wait an indefinite time for it no longer be on national back order. Can anyone suggest a service provider as there are so many at varying prices to choose from? Be well, Thomas
Dicktator can resolve your problem.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:48 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Dicktator can resolve your problem.
Welcome! I would suggest you search on here for repair ABS using the Advance Search tool under Tools in the tool bar at the top of the page. Use Dicktator or Dragon2U and search Posts. Today or Before.

You also should go to New Members section and introduce yourself and build your posts to at least 15 so you can uses PM (Private Messagign) to communicate with other members.
Auggie Doggie likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:27 PM

My SSR:
2004 SMOKIN' ASPHALT
Garage
What part of the world are you located ? This information might help
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:30 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Thomas Boyle, Do like BlueStreak said, and---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:00 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Welcome! I would suggest you search on here for repair ABS using the Advance Search tool under Tools in the tool bar at the top of the page. Use Dicktator or Dragon2U and search Posts. Today or Before.

You also should go to New Members section and introduce yourself and build your posts to at least 15 so you can uses PM (Private Messagign) to communicate with other members.
Almost every person that has become a member in the last 6 months or more has left out all the pertinent information to help them and us out. My question is why doesn't this site have 6 or 8 things that are mandatory and have to be filled out prior to being accepted when they apply for membership? Most other things require you fill everything out completely prior to being recognized as a member. Would make it much easier for everyone.
SSReplay likes this.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Empty Garage - Previous 03 04 05 owner - on hunt for next one ;)
Quote:
Gentlemen,
Feel free to PM me if you are interested in rebuilding for a nominal fee, I have repaired 100s and also repaired some that others here thought they could repair and damaged. I cannot guarantee it will work but what I do does help 98% of them. If you can get the ABS codes from the truck before removing it would help in troubleshooting and repair of the unit. I just need the top half, do NOT remove the fluid lines.
tinyssnowplows likes this.

Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 PM
Trygodfirst
Supporting Member

My SSR:
My two cents
While your working on the abs module consider going to simple engineering and buying their heat shield. It help deflect heat away from our abs modules.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:54 AM
RedHotSSR
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Redline 2004 Purchased 2011 41,000 mi.
Lightbulb Other Upgrade Parts

When you contact "Simple Engineering" ask about the OTHER upgrade parts you should consider replacing on your R. Too many new owners think that low miles = many miles of trouble free driving. There are several OEM parts that have left owners stranded on the road. Mike and his team can and will help you.

"Long may you run"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Rogue Twenty
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Red
Thank you

Thank you for the steer in the right direction. Be well, Thomas
nj6969 likes this.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:27 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Two Tone Jet Black&Chrome Auto
Go to this link...

Click on this link https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5 click on ABS Brake ECBM for instructions with pictures on how to remove and install top half.

Jack

It is not easy being a Hyper Old Person.

Jack Pruitt
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Rogue Twenty
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Red
Stafford VA
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:50 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Phantom Black Metallic 05, 6.0 liter S.C. auto, Rear spoiler,Air Dam, Kooks headers,
Garage
Welcome to the very best forum on the SSR's or for that matter, anywhere else on this blue ball of life. I hope you end up loving your dad's SSR the way the rest of us do.
Dennis
BlueStreak likes this.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:08 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Smokin Asphalt
Garage
Send a message via AIM to TheXCepsion
Welcome too the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. Semper Fi ! You have found this site and it will be the best place too learn and make Friends who are also Fanatics about the R. That Unit can be repaired and I already see that information has been afforded You. Good luck and enjoy the Ride.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:37 AM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:
Gentlemen,
Thomas,
You have already "met" some of the best who have responded to your request, there are many more experts that can and will help with future problems. We are glad to help you take care of and enjoy your Dad's SSR. Thanks for your service and again WELCOME.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Rogue Twenty
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Red
SSReplay,
Thank you Dragon2U is wicked awesome. I can't wait to put the fixed ABS module back in and scoot down the road with the top down. Be well, Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in