My hats off to Texasbaehr for his console popper idea. Wish I had seen it before I took the route I did. I came up with an idea for this problem too. However, mine was a little more involved. Although, I did have mine apart doing some other things when I came up with the idea. I used a spring attached to the hinge of the lid. Like I said, mine was already apart. But, to do it would require the passenger seat to be removed, waterfall removed, console top removed, and passenger console side removed. So I would say his idea is a hell of a lot easier to do. Anyway, I thought I would go ahead and post some pictures.