• 1 Post By nj6969
  • 1 Post By BlueStreak
  • 1 Post By Dicktator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

My SSR:
2005 Aqua Blur
Electrical issue?

My 2005 SSR shuts down when it warms up. Will not restart for a half hour or more. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 PM
BLU SSR
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Sounds like the classic fuse box fail , look up the fix on Dictators one drive , probably not a fix you will want to try yourself , but I think Dick and others have an exchange program. Hopefully one of those offering repair will chime in , meantime and consider becoming a supporting member -- it will make using the site SOOO much easier!
Auggie Doggie likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
#118755, DOB 12/2/04, 2005, 6 spd, smokin asphalt, boards, bed carpet, gauges, purchased June, 2013
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dales Classic c View Post
My 2005 SSR shuts down when it warms up. Will not restart for a half hour or more. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Sounds like the well-documented “under hood fuse box wire break” issue. Click the link below for a thread on the issue:

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/...ox-fix-132169/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep on Truck-N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:16 AM
Supporting SSR Hobbyist

My SSR:
"BLOWN06" Pac Blue #21661 Born 8/29/05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dales Classic c View Post
Where are you located????

One of the "Blues Brothers"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 AM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Dales Classic c, I agree with the Fuse box issue. There is a "jumper Wire", temporary fix, someone close by could loan you to prove the problem, if we know where you are!!! AND-- Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy
Auggie Doggie likes this.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:03 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Looks like the ball is back in your court. Let us know where you are and someone may be nearby with a temporary jumper to prove the suggested problem and get you back on the road. Do not take it to a dealer until you know whether or not this Fuse Box issue is actually the problem. That part is expensive if it needs to be replaced and relatively inexpensive to fix if you know someone who is experienced in the repair.
artlemire likes this.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:10 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
If you know how to use a voltmeter or testlight to test fuses then you can test for a possible fuse box issue right at the fuse box when the problem is occurring, when the car won't start -testing when its running will provide a base voltage so you can see it changed!

Picture 1 -- from ED in Fla shows the broken part of the fuse box causes relay 42 to de-energize (shut off) this would then shut off power to 6 fuses .
Picture 2 shows in green highlight the 6 fuses which would not have voltage if relay 42 were to shut off.

Important notes
- this procedure will discussed/explained during my tech lesson at the Maggie Valley 2019 rally
- this same symptom may also be caused by a bad relay, broken wire outside of the fuse box or faulty relay control module --
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05 relay 42 - break.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	541129   Click image for larger version

Name:	05-06 underhood fuse reference.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	541141  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:21 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
It's a broken wire during manufacturing in another 05 fuse box, I did two last week.

Best to fix it permeant as Ed said about his "jumper" it is "only a temporary fix".

I do exchange program, send "bad" fuse box to me, I will repair send back next day, normally.

I take PayPal.

OR go to my SSR How to Library: Look up FUSE BOX REPAIR.

You or someone you know may be able to remove/replace wire.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:51 PM

Transmission Control Module

After driving my 2005 SSR for about 30 minutes, stopped to get a drink. SSR dashboard went haywire. all warning lights came on. I turned off the engine, waited a few minutes. All warning lights came on. Sluggish to drive. a friend read the codes and came up with U0101 - Transmission Control Module. Could that be the problem? If so, can a dealer repair or do I need a Transmission Place?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:15 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonci View Post
After driving my 2005 SSR for about 30 minutes, stopped to get a drink. SSR dashboard went haywire. all warning lights came on. I turned off the engine, waited a few minutes. All warning lights came on. Sluggish to drive. a friend read the codes and came up with U0101 - Transmission Control Module. Could that be the problem? If so, can a dealer repair or do I need a Transmission Place?
A lot of good related information on the following post

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/...m-u010-195937/

Oh and
WELCOME from Central Ohio.
Start a new thread and tell us more about you and your truck

You have found a home of many knowledgable, fun people.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:27 PM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
amonci, Do like Autoprof said. Start your own thread in, go to Forums, SSR Discussion, click on SSR Technical Discussion, and start your own new thread so information for you won't get mixed with other peoples problems. OH, Welcome and Go to New Member Section and Introduce yourself.

Nick
BlueStreak likes this.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:51 PM

My 05 SSR's air conditioner quit working. I was told by a mechanic that it is bc the fan needs to be replaced. Fan appears to be working but I ordered one from Simple Engineering. Am I on the right track ? Thanks in advance.
Race Devil Dave
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:16 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhodges View Post
My 05 SSR's air conditioner quit working. I was told by a mechanic that it is bc the fan needs to be replaced. Fan appears to be working but I ordered one from Simple Engineering. Am I on the right track ? Thanks in advance.
Race Devil Dave
You are headed in the right direction. The new fan cannot hurt. You might also need some work on the AC itself. after you install the new fan post a new thread in the Technical Discussion Forum and let us know how it turned out. If needed others are sure to chime in then.
nj6969 likes this.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:02 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
06 SILVER/P BLUE FPR,06 PACIFIC BLUE SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Looks like the ball is back in your court. Let us know where you are and someone may be nearby with a temporary jumper to prove the suggested problem and get you back on the road. Do not take it to a dealer until you know whether or not this Fuse Box issue is actually the problem. That part is expensive if it needs to be replaced and relatively inexpensive to fix if you know someone who is experienced in the repair.
The Chevy dealership wanted $1,100 to replace my fuse box!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:31 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlemire View Post
And I repair them for $100 including postage!

I must be to expensive. Not sure Dealer can get one.

Dicktator

1. See the break? It's right there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16-0727 02.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	546085  
artlemire likes this.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:33 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlemire View Post
Important lesson here. What ever you do don't go there unless last resort.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in