Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicktator View Post
On my SSR HOW TO LIBRARY: By Ed Borland

Step by Step: May help with install.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...ue&app=WordPdf

HOW TO LIBRARY:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

Remember 03/04 wiring/software is "Different" from 05/06. Engine fuse boxes are not interchangeable.
All of your DIY tutorials ALWAYS help Dicktator!

I've downloaded all of them, even added some of the more important (to me anyway) files to my Books Apps on my iPhone and iPad for easy reference. Truly a gold mine. Thanks!

Cheers,

Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:14 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsadams View Post
That's awesome for us "visual learner" types!

So just to be sure I got this, here are a couple of DIY images. If I've finally gotten it through my thick head, I'm off to the auto parts store (again)!
Yup, I believe you have it exactly right. I cannot take the credit for the "fix", it was Autoprof that explained the method and way to get 'er done.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:37 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscooter View Post
Yup, I believe you have it exactly right. I cannot take the credit for the "fix", it was Autoprof that explained the method and way to get 'er done.
UPDATE NOTE: The first three attached photos of the fuse tap are WRONG. There should only be one fuse for this project, the 7.5a fuse in the top of the fuse tap. The 20a fuse should not be re-used. This is a "jumper" not, an "add-a-circuit" setup. The fifth image attached is the correct way to do it.

Well, I guess not. Thought I had it down, but when I create that jumper the two accessory outlets are hot again, with or without the key on. In addition, when I connect the jumper (#46 to #44 right-side only) the fan/blower comes on low. Go figure.

I thought it might be a fuse polarity issue so I swapped the original 20a and 7.5a fuses around (see attachments) but with the same results.

Weird.

I'm sure I'm missing something or perhaps I am just not destined to enjoy this mod.

Thoughts?

Corrected. Original post indicated #48 when it should have been #44)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8038.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	548839   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8039.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	548841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8037.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	548843   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8040.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	548845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse Tap Correct.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	548897  

Cheers,

Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:55 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Well, I guess not. Thought I had it down, but when I create that jumper the two accessory outlets are hot again, with or without the key on. In addition, when I connect the jumper (#46 to #48 right-side only) the fan/blower comes on low. Go figure.

I thought it might be a fuse polarity issue so I swapped the original 20a and 7.5a fuses around (see attachments) but with the same results.

Weird.

I'm sure I'm missing something or perhaps I am just not destined to enjoy this mod.

Thoughts?
Instructions say to connect to the right side of #44.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:57 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Well, I guess not. Thought I had it down, but when I create that jumper the two accessory outlets are hot again, with or without the key on. In addition, when I connect the jumper (#46 to #48 right-side only) the fan/blower comes on low. Go figure.

Weird.

Thoughts?
Instructions say to connect to the right side of #44.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:20 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
D'oh. My typo. You are correct, it's supposed to be #44 - I corrected my post. But if you look at the picture of my fuse box with the jumper installed, it is in fact on the right side of #44 (just like you have it in yours). Phew! Thought I was really losing it!

So right now the moment I connect the fuse tap itself, the accessory outlets are hot again (without the key in the ignition). I connected the lead to the right side of #44 and they are still hot... plus the blower comes on low.

I'm at a bit of a loss.

No need to trouble yourself though, you've done all you can I think. I'll chalk it up to gremlins (ugly, UGLY car!)

Think I'll run a line from an empty slot that's switched, #52, up to the dash. I don't relish trying to get the wires under the console, but you gotta do whatcha' gotta do.

BTW, hope you got your baby washed! They run so much better afterward, I swear!

Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8038.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	548851  

Cheers,

Rich

post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:07 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Okay... I'm an idiot, I admit it, right here, right now.

My error is on clear display in the photos of the fuse tap I posted earlier. No where is it written but I assumed (and we all know what that means) that the original 20a fuse was supposed to be put into the fuse tap... using it like an added circuit. Of course not. That's not what this is about. It's basically a jumper.

The fuse tap is only supposed to have the one, single fuse in it. Sigh.

Once I removed the 20a fuse and plugged it back in... tah da! It works exactly as you and Autoprof said it would.

Soooo, to button it up, here are a couple of photos of the mod I did on the fuse tap. Mostly followed Autoprof's advice but I went ahead and soldered the terminal and put some shrink wrap on it for good measure.

Thanks Autoprof and BlueStreak! Saved me from some back-breaking wire fishing and other miscellaneous hardships. I owe you both!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8034.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	548863   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8035.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	548865  

Cheers,

Rich

post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Glad you got it figured out.
Sorry I was out with my wife after the car show today and just had a chance to log back on.

I believe step 2, I mention to install fuse into top slot only. I will edit that to bold face for anyone in the future.

Thanks to @BlueStreak and @moscooter for helping you with this modification.
BlueStreak and richsadams like this.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:04 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoprof View Post
Glad you got it figured out.
Sorry I was out with my wife after the car show today and just had a chance to log back on.

I believe step 2, I mention to install fuse into top slot only. I will edit that to bold face for anyone in the future.

Thanks to @BlueStreak and @moscooter for helping you with this modification.
Oh, it's there all right... means I have to look at the details though... and, well.

Hope you and the wife had a great time at the car show. Ours is next Saturday. Fingers crossed the sun will make it to the show as well!

Thanks again to you, BlueStreak and to moscooter as well!

Cheers,

Rich

post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:52 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
Oh, it's there all right... means I have to look at the details though... and, well.

Hope you and the wife had a great time at the car show. Ours is next Saturday. Fingers crossed the sun will make it to the show as well!

Thanks again to you, BlueStreak and to moscooter as well!

Sorry I messed you up. My other taps had both slots being used. I forgot this one didn't need the bottom slot filled. Glad you figured it out.
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Thanks, richsadams, I love learning from your mistakes as it saves me backaches and skinned knuckles.
Now when I make the same mistakes (yeah I probably will) I'll know what's wrong right away.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:25 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscooter View Post

Sorry I messed you up. My other taps had both slots being used. I forgot this one didn't need the bottom slot filled. Glad you figured it out.

Oh, no, my stupidity is not on you at all. I take full responsibility!

Thanks so much for your help. Were it not for my thick skull I would have aced it on the first try. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,

Rich

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:32 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Thanks, richsadams, I love learning from your mistakes as it saves me backaches and skinned knuckles.
Now when I make the same mistakes (yeah I probably will) I'll know what's wrong right away.
HA! Well, over time I can safely say that you're in for a treat because I don't plan to stop messing up at this point in my life!

Cheers,

Rich

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:34 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
It's nice to have a partner to swap screw-ups with.
richsadams likes this.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in