mort 70 - Chevy SSR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nj6969

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

mort 70

When lowering an SSR 2" in front & 3" in rear, do you need to change the upper A arms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:17 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
mort 70, Some body will help on the A arms, meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

@BlueStreak Maybe someone can move this to "Technical Discussion"
Auggie Doggie likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:31 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj6969 View Post
mort 70, Some body will help on the A arms, meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

@BlueStreak Maybe someone can move this to "Technical Discussion"
Done, Thanks for the heads up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:36 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mort 70 View Post
When lowering an SSR 2" in front & 3" in rear, do you need to change the upper A arms?
Those look like bigger numbers than I remember seeing. I know @Mike in AZ put a lot of time and effort into making his lowering kits work properly and safely. Makes me think this will be very expensive for you. Maybe Mike will comment.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:43 PM

My SSR:
03 redline red
watching this also thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:40 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
I lowered mine 1" front, 1 1/2 rear and could not get to the recommended alignment specs.

I went with the modified DJM upper control arms. I had to cut a slot through the inner fenderwell for the arm to clear. Once you install the arm loosely and swivel it through its operating range, you will easily spot where the cut needs to be made.

You can contact Tony with the information supplied on the thread below.

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99...ic-arms-68313/

More information about the potential issues with lowering using stock suspension is covered on the thread below.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...%20SSR%20Forum

The photo below shows the difference between the stock arm and the DJM arm.

If you are replacing the stock upper arm, I would strongly recommend replacing the stock bushings on the lower arms with these much better bushings from Simple Engineering.

https://shop.simple-engineering.com/...&categoryId=17

You won't be using the small upper bushings, but based on the size of the lower bushings, that's where most of the cost is anyways.

Keep in mind that not all will agree that the upper arms are necessary for the 1 1 1/2 drop, but with a 2/3 drop, you are taking this to a new level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DJM9.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	542077  

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:46 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Done, Thanks for the heads up!
Dwight, the title Mort 70 doesn't provide much information about the topic. Changing the thread name to something like Suspension questions might attract more comments.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in