24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Odd window issue

I've read through everything I could find on our door glass and have followed the indexing instructions to a "T". But indexing doesn't seem to have an impact on what my door glass is doing.

When I open the doors the door glass drops down to clear the rubber seal as it should. But almost immediately they return to their full up position. So when I shut the doors the glass is caught on the outside of the rubber seal. Not really that big of an issue, I just have to remember to let the window down a tad before closing the doors or close the doors and let the glass down a bit and re-close them. although it's not really a big deal, I would prefer they worked correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:21 PM
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

My SSR:
FIRST 06 Pacific BLUE ~ First 3SS with VYJ "Chrome" ~ #145 of 532 ~ 21945 ~ Born on 9/9/05
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ssroe
Have you tried cycling the roof and holding the up button "up" for 5 sec on completion?
Auggie Doggie likes this.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:27 PM

My SSR:
2004 in Black and now 2005 in Black, what a pair
Sounds like it is time to get the door latches rebuilt. The switch on the latch is going out, or has corrosion in it. Dictator has a post on it. My 05 was doing the same thing, got a replacement latch and swapped it out but haven't had time to send the bad one to get rebuilt yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssroe View Post
Have you tried cycling the roof and holding the up button "up" for 5 sec on completion?
No I haven't, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhotrod View Post
Sounds like it is time to get the door latches rebuilt. The switch on the latch is going out, or has corrosion in it. Dictator has a post on it. My 05 was doing the same thing, got a replacement latch and swapped it out but haven't had time to send the bad one to get rebuilt yet.
I'll look into the latch, I've already had to adjust the rod so getting into the latch assembly isn't an issue. Thanks
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
I'll look into the latch, I've already had to adjust the rod so getting into the latch assembly isn't an issue. Thanks
Stop by, I have Door Latch/Lock Modules rebuilt and in stock. Can't buy NEW one, discontinued.

It's exchange, need yours to get mine, plus $50. for parts/labor/postage.

SSR How to Library: Look up DOOR LATCH LOCK MODULE

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

1. Yours may look like this inside.
2. This contact is to "detent" your windows. Yours could be like this.
3. The "Green" doesn't make good contact.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17-0708 01.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	549503   Click image for larger version

Name:	door-latch-contact-failure-7-copy.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	549505   Click image for larger version

Name:	18-0223 01.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	549507  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Here's an update. I studied what it's doing a bit closer, it does sorta work correctly. When I open the doors the glass goes down to clear the seal. The glass goes up before I can close the doors. If we're in the seats, the glass goes back down a bit when I pull the door closed if we pull the inside handle first before closing the door. But when we exit, the glass goes down a bit then pops back up, so it's in the full up position when the doors close trapping the glass on the outside of the seal. All I have to do is too pull the outer door latch just before closing the door to make the glass go down. Not ideal, but it's a good temporary solution till I can get some rebuilt latches.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:25 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
Here's an update. I studied what it's doing a bit closer, it does sorta work correctly. When I open the doors the glass goes down to clear the seal. The glass goes up before I can close the doors. If we're in the seats, the glass goes back down a bit when I pull the door closed if we pull the inside handle first before closing the door. But when we exit, the glass goes down a bit then pops back up, so it's in the full up position when the doors close trapping the glass on the outside of the seal. All I have to do is too pull the outer door latch just before closing the door to make the glass go down. Not ideal, but it's a good temporary solution till I can get some rebuilt latches.
Based on your description above it IS your Door Latch Lock Module.

Dicktator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicktator View Post
Based on your description above it IS your Door Latch Lock Module.

Dicktator
Yeah, after reading all the replies I have to agree with you. Just another "Round-2-it" for me...LOL
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:17 PM

My SSR:
I feel your pain. I got as far as swapping the bad one out and it is sitting in a box waiting to be shipped off for repairs. The door panel is still off and I just haven't gotten around to completing that project when I started on the frontend rebuild. The frontend is at least done. Next put the door panel back on and then get the alignment done. Just one step at a time.
Auggie Doggie likes this.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhotrod View Post
I feel your pain. I got as far as swapping the bad one out and it is sitting in a box waiting to be shipped off for repairs. The door panel is still off and I just haven't gotten around to completing that project when I started on the frontend rebuild. The frontend is at least done. Next put the door panel back on and then get the alignment done. Just one step at a time.
I hear ya, I just recently got this SSR and am learning that it needs several minor things fixed before I can get to the "Wish List" of things I want to do that are not MUST items. I just learned that it's missing the front air dam and the framework it attaches to, so that's first on my list. So this makes the window glass a minor issue that has to be put on the back burner for now. I'm living on a retired income so I have to take baby steps and learn patience...lol
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:51 PM

My SSR:
Quote:
I hear ya, I just recently got this SSR and am learning that it needs several minor things fixed before I can get to the "Wish List" of things I want to do that are not MUST items. I just learned that it's missing the front air dam and the framework it attaches to, so that's first on my list. So this makes the window glass a minor issue that has to be put on the back burner for now. I'm living on a retired income so I have to take baby steps and learn patience...lol

My 05 is missing the air dam and I drove it from California to Missouri with out any problems. I plan on making a replacement out of either aluminum or stainless when I get a chance but I don't see it happening this year to be honest. I have a bead roller and wanted to see what I could do to add some detail that no one else has.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Quote:
I just learned that it's missing the front air dam and the framework it attaches to, so that's first on my list. So this makes the window glass a minor issue that has to be put on the back burner for now.
Just my thinking------I would put the Windows ahead of the Air dam. The framework has to be there holding your Radiator although it may be plastic instead of metal.

Nick

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj6969 View Post
Just my thinking------I would put the Windows ahead of the Air dam. The framework has to be there holding your Radiator although it may be plastic instead of metal.

Nick
The window's are not that important to me since I've figured out a work around solution for the time being. Living here in FL keeping the cooling up to par is very important to me. I have noticed my SSR does tend to run a bit on the hot side from time to time. As far as the lower radiator support goes, mine is completely missing. It really doesn't support the radiator anyway, I think it's just a mount for the air dam. But I do want it in place as well as the air dam.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:05 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
The window's are not that important to me since I've figured out a work around solution for the time being. Living here in FL keeping the cooling up to par is very important to me. I have noticed my SSR does tend to run a bit on the hot side from time to time. As far as the lower radiator support goes, mine is completely missing. It really doesn't support the radiator anyway, I think it's just a mount for the air dam. But I do want it in place as well as the air dam.
Your "lower radiator support completely missing!" is NOT so.

Your radiator would be on the ground, wheels would "flop" from side to side, steering would be almost impossible. Radiator support holds FRAME together.

Your "Air Dam" completely missing, YES, I buy that.

Dicktator

1. Radiator Support
2. Air Dam
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11-0127 01.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	549571   Click image for larger version

Name:	11-0319 02.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	549573  
nj6969 likes this.

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
It's missing, radiator is not on the ground.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-06-07 10.01.02.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	549575   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-07 10.01.30.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	549577   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-07 10.01.39.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	549579   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-07 10.02.06.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	549581  
nj6969 likes this.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:51 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
My goodness!! Your right!! Radiator fan is sitting on four hooks hanging off radiator.

I wouldn't drive it like that, specially in the Pan Handle, had Hurricane there, may be stuff in the road.

SSR radiator DOES sit on radiator support which bolts to frame.

You do what you want.

Dicktator

1. Damage to Dennie aka IRB Dennie with plastic radiator support after hitting small raccoon at 30mph.
2. Carefully repaired damage hoping not to damage Trans Cooler.
3. Had to jack STEEL radiator support into place.
4. Not an easy install.
5. New Steel Radiator Support, now frame/radiator are secure.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10-0507 07.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	549589   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-0507 08.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	549591   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-0507 10.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	549593   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-0507 12.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	549595   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-0507 15.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	549597  

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:30 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Two Tone Jet Black&Chrome Auto
Don't drive truck with out radiator support.

From the pictures it looks like the center section of the OEM radiator support is missing and the sides are still there. You have been very fortunate the radiator has not dropped to the ground when you hit a bump.

I would be very reluctant to drive the truck without the support, you are asking for more damage.

I have the plastic OEM support that I will give you on 4 conditions.
1. Order Mikes Air Dam for $34.45 plus shipping.
2. Order Mikes steel radiator support as soon as you can afford it.
3. Pay the shipping on my OEM support.
4. When you install Mike's support make the old OEM support for someone in need or for emergency repair while part are ordered.

Send me your shipping address and will let you know what the shipping cost will be.
nj6969 likes this.

It is not easy being a Hyper Old Person.

Jack Pruitt
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:47 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Quote:
WOW !!! I apologize!!! with all the above plus,----Whoever let that happen in the past should be _________ (fill in the blank)

Nick

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatg450 View Post
From the pictures it looks like the center section of the OEM radiator support is missing and the sides are still there. You have been very fortunate the radiator has not dropped to the ground when you hit a bump.

I would be very reluctant to drive the truck without the support, you are asking for more damage.

I have the plastic OEM support that I will give you on 4 conditions.
1. Order Mikes Air Dam for $34.45 plus shipping.
2. Order Mikes steel radiator support as soon as you can afford it.
3. Pay the shipping on my OEM support.
4. When you install Mike's support make the old OEM support for someone in need or for emergency repair while part are ordered.

Send me your shipping address and will let you know what the shipping cost will be.
My address is:
Danny Dawson
4959 Hyatt Ln.
Pace, FL 32571

I appreciate your help. I had already ordered the steel support and air dam but I don't know when it will ship.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
WOW !!! I apologize!!! with all the above plus,----Whoever let that happen in the past should be _________ (fill in the blank)

Nick
nothing to apologize for, and yes you're right. Whoever let this happen should be ......well, you know !!
nj6969 likes this.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicktator View Post
My goodness!! Your right!! Radiator fan is sitting on four hooks hanging off radiator.

I wouldn't drive it like that, specially in the Pan Handle, had Hurricane there, may be stuff in the road.

SSR radiator DOES sit on radiator support which bolts to frame.

You do what you want.

Dicktator

1. Damage to Dennie aka IRB Dennie with plastic radiator support after hitting small raccoon at 30mph.
2. Carefully repaired damage hoping not to damage Trans Cooler.
3. Had to jack STEEL radiator support into place.
4. Not an easy install.
5. New Steel Radiator Support, now frame/radiator are secure.
I just learned yesterday that it's missing, after putting lots of miles on it since I got it. But I'm keeping it parked for now till I get my replacement. Another member offered to ship me an original which I can use until I get the steel one and air dam I ordered yesterday.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
I don't see any of your support left under there. The hoses hooked to the top of the radiator hold it from dropping far.
Notice on the bottom of the side tanks the cone with the rubber donut around it, there are two more at the top.
These four cones locate and stabilize the radiator, while allowing it to grow and shrink with heat.
What you have now with the radiator hanging by the hoses is everything is swinging in the breeze.
Left that way something has to give, either the radiator or the hose connections.
Ain't good for the A/C condenser either, I'm glad you have parts coming.
When you put the bottom support on make sure the top cones are seated on their proper holes too.
BlueStreak and Auggie Doggie like this.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:09 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
When you get those [parts, pay attention to the pictures that Dicktator posted in post 17 of this thread. When replacing a plastic unit with Mike's it is usually a simple pull and replace but since you have been driving it things may have moved and I would suggest an alignment check after all is repaired.
nj6969 likes this.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:59 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Two Tone Jet Black&Chrome Auto
It's on the way.

Danny, the radiator support is on the way, USPS Tracking # 9505 5132 8526 9158 3668 72, Expected Del. Mon. 06/10/10. No charge on the shipping, Enjoy the Truck! Click this link
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5 scroll down to Radiator Support Install for step by step instructions with pictures. After installation bow toward Clearwater, FL

Jack

It is not easy being a Hyper Old Person.

Jack Pruitt
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:44 PM

My SSR:
Ok Dano has now proven the radiator support is not as big a deal as we have been lead to believe, so I am going to start production of my new line of economy Cardboard radiator supports. They will be available in 2 colors Duct tape gray and Shiny versions for those chrome guys Reynolds Aluminum foil covered. I should have my proto types done in the next day or two. I can add in the necessary air dam along with it in matching color as well. I may even be able to make it all in one piece. With this new information I won't have to go with those fancy push pins or button head screws, may go with the Duct tape fastener or rubber bands. Could offer an upgrade to wire ties or Velcro but that would push costs up. These will be branded under the Devil Made Me Do it label.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatg450 View Post
Danny, the radiator support is on the way, USPS Tracking # 9505 5132 8526 9158 3668 72, Expected Del. Mon. 06/10/10. No charge on the shipping, Enjoy the Truck! Click this link
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5 scroll down to Radiator Support Install for step by step instructions with pictures. After installation bow toward Clearwater, FL

Jack
AWESOME Jack, and thank you.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:55 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
@dano , just curious, since that is missing, is the Tubular "X" brace attached to the frame under the Engine? Also, if its Automatic, check the Transmission cooling lines going into the radiator for cracks/leaks !!!

Nick

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Silver
Quote:
@dano , just curious, since that is missing, is the Tubular "X" brace attached to the frame under the Engine? Also, if its Automatic, check the Transmission cooling lines going into the radiator for cracks/leaks !!!

Nick
Yes, the "X" brace is intact as are the tranny cooling lines. the only thing I see is the missing radiator support. The only thing left of it are the four mounting tabs and bolts. The driver side upper rubber mount had slipped out of it's socket so I had to lift the radiator back into place, the right side remained in place. The truck will not leave the garage till I get the new brace and air dam in place.
nj6969 and tuckerred1948 like this.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Dano, you are now the Fanatics Official Panhandle Region Radiator Expert.
You're now entitled to get a FOPRRE tattoo, or have it embroidered on your underwear.

Seriously though, you're to be commended for remaining calm and polite when most of us thought you were mistaken or nuts.
You provided proof of your assertions, and proved many of us wrong, in a polite manner. Thank you.

It's funny because I was the one who came up with the idea of holding the top firmly in place while changing the support by tieing up the hoses.
But I still didn't get it through my thick head until I had made the assertion in a post it would drop, and Mike in AZ corrected me saying the hoses would keep it from dropping all the way.
Remember me when you pass a school zone and see a sign saying Slow Child.
BlueStreak, nj6969 and SSReplay like this.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in