Our SSR Electrical Man!! - Page 2 - Chevy SSR Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 427 UV, 65 BBVet, 96 ViperGTS, 68 396Cam, 69 Z/28, 92 Typhoon,11 392S/C Challenger, 86 El Cam
Garage
Ok change 1: I am able to jump the car from the battery location but not the jumper box. Now I'm starting to think "cranking amps at the battery".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 12:59 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 427 UV, 65 BBVet, 96 ViperGTS, 68 396Cam, 69 Z/28, 92 Typhoon,11 392S/C Challenger, 86 El Cam
Garage
HOORAY!!! The problem was my brand new battery drops the cranking amps when I tried to start the R. Battery tested at 13.10 volts and they wouldn't refund until I showed the amp drop on cranking. Well outside of established limits. Something definitely internal to the battery. This battery was a 78Ext Ever Start battery with 940 cranking amps. Ok so nobody helped but that's ok I really like this forum anyway. And TOPSPIN if you are late to the fight...problem solved.
post #33 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:23 PM

2006 ssr Started having a battery drain a couple of months ago. Bought a Interstate Battery (always have without any problem for years) about 7months ago. Car was sitting about 2 weeks. Took it back to Interstate and guy ran a check and said the meter showed a drain somewhere but kept battery for a week to check.(installed a loaner) Thought the back bed cover didn't close completely. Got the original battery back from Interstate and didn't have a problem for over a month. Had the car sitting in the garage for 2 days and now today when I went to start it the battery was dead (quick charger to start). Read about ignition switch but from articles it said there would be some play in it and this one seems fine? This car has been driven less than 400 miles in the past 2 1/2 yrs and never had a drain before. That drain test seems costly since one guy needs to take out each fuse while another guy has the meter on the battery/cable to watch the light.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thank you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:31 AM

Hello Ed,
2006 ssr Started having a battery drain a couple of months ago.
Bought a Interstate Battery (always have without any problem for years) about 7months ago. Car was sitting about 2 weeks when I first had gone to start it when it was dead. Took it back to Interstate and guy ran a check and said the meter showed a drain somewhere but kept the battery for a week to check.(installed a loaner)
I thought the back bed cover didn't close completely and the reason. Got the original battery back from Interstate and didn't have a problem for over a month. Had the car sitting in the garage for 2 days and now today when I went to start it the battery was dead (quick charger to start).
car has 28k miles and owned since 06. Live in Havasu, AZ and sometimes over 120 in the summer/car garaged. Batteries never lasted more than 2yrs here.
Any comments appreciated; hated to bring it to Chevy/GM and get charge $150 or more and be told nothing or some bs.
Car has not been driven very much over past couple of years do to personal illness/back surgeries(less than 500 miles over 2+yrs).
Thank you
post #35 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 08:16 AM

My SSR:
2005 chassis, 1954 Chevy 3100 body
I have a 2005 SSR chassis that I'm putting under a 1954 Chevy pickup. I have a friend doing the electrical and has run into a problem hooikng up the factory heat/ac unit. The chassis came with all the modules except the roof. Here's his question. "2005 SSR electrical system uses a 12 volt signal from the HVAC control head to the roof/door module where it's converted into a serial data message. From there is sent to the ECM through the data lines where the data signal is converted into a ground output request to the A/C relay for compressor operation, if the ECM see's that the pressures in the system are within operating range. My problem starts with the roof/door module not being used in his "54" because it would serve no purpose, until I learned recently, to drive the A/C function, as far as my research indicates. I figure my options are either A; wire in a relay using the positive request from the HVAC control head, through the evap. fin temp sensor circuit as designed, to drive a ground request to the A/C relay bypassing the ECM. Option B; find and wire in a control head that uses a serial data message with the correct binary code language that the ECM and the HVAC door motor signals can communicate with. Option C; wire in a roof/door module just for the A/C signal operation. I was hoping you could recommend an optional HVAC control head that's compatible for option B. For option A, if I bypass or even T-in the A/C request signal to the relay, will the ECM still run the cooling fans and the compressor through the pressure sensor signal returns which I assume, is normal operation? Mike and I both would appreciate any assistance or thought you can offer." Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this problem? Thanks much
post #36 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 AM

anyone know where I can find the Wiring Harness Female plug, that plugs in under the center console too control the Power Windows, Door Locks, an opens an closes the roof.
post #37 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Where are you located=? There may be someone near by that can show you how to get the waterfall off and get to that connector. If yo fill in the information in your profile under User CP it would help us know where to find you and someone could be of more assistance. Good luck. someone might try to/ explain it here but often it is eassier to show than write.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #38 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Good thinking, BlueStreak. I thought he was looking for a replacement for that plug, but that makes more sense.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #39 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 12:14 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Location: Trinity, Florida (Winter), Caledonia, Michigan (Summer)

My SSR:
06 Pacific Blue W/Chrome Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfranco View Post
anyone know where I can find the Wiring Harness Female plug, that plugs in under the center console too control the Power Windows, Door Locks, an opens an closes the roof.
The center console connector assembly is OEM: 174910-2.
20-way 04 series multilock I/O (Black)
Check with the local Chevy dealership & on-line GM parts vendors.

The console switch assembly has 4 clips holding it in place, just pry it up & out.
Removing the waterfall is not needed.
post #40 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 05:24 AM

Center Consloe Plug

Hey BD-FL
Thank you for the info on the GM OEM part number, I'll check it out.
Jim
post #41 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 06:17 AM

Hey ED Good Morning
I tried that part # 174910-2 on 5-6 GM sites an it came up no such part. I did find part # 15787512 Module ( little confused it showed a pic of a plug) which said it was Roof Trac, Control Door Locks & Window Switch, (sounds like it) an your right it's a 20 Pin connector but I can't get a pic of the receiving end of that plug or Module an does $334.66 sound right to you. So we're on the same page I'm adapting 20004 SSR center console an waterfall trim too a 1952 Chevy pick up an want the SSR window, door locks an roof switches too work( I'll use the roof switch for something else maybe a power parking brake switch) . I don't mind buying it, but only want to buy it once. Any thoughts an thanks again for your help.
Jim
post #42 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 06:58 AM

My SSR:
yellow 05 limited edition
have 04 ssr ,Tach sweeps to right on start then back to 2500,kill it it stays at 2500 but works from 2500 0n up,alsoABS light started comeing on but goes out. any suggestions?
post #43 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:21 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Location: Trinity, Florida (Winter), Caledonia, Michigan (Summer)

My SSR:
06 Pacific Blue W/Chrome Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorley View Post
have 04 ssr ,Tach sweeps to right on start then back to 2500,kill it it stays at 2500 but works from 2500 0n up,alsoABS light started comeing on but goes out. any suggestions?
Replace the Tach stepper motor.
post #44 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 08:29 AM
M

My SSR:
2004 Ultraviolet nicknamed "Barney"
Ed you are great . ...efficient, affordable, personable , and I will bring my beloved SSR back into your capable care when needed . Thank you for your prior help with my roof and truck bed...they have been functioning perfectly ever since.

Jennie
post #45 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 10:26 AM

Good afternoon, I have a 06 SSR, and recently I have a problem with the wiper blades coming on and cycling while it is in the off position. At first I thought the switch itself has gone bad and had it replaced and the problem still exists. I spoke with the repair shop and they feel it is the wiper motor itself that has gone bad. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be, and if it is the wiper motor does anyone know where I may find a replacement motor?
post #46 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Take a look at this, and this
If you do a search for wiper motor coming on you'll get about five pages of results.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #47 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Take a look at this, and this
If you do a search for wiper motor coming on you'll get about five pages of results.
Thanks xoxoxoBruce, I am looking at the links now, I did find them earlier but my computer hicuped and I was having trouble finding the threads again.

Gotta love this site, you always get the support you need for everything.
post #48 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 10:08 AM

Blower motor wont shut off

Hey Ed,

I have a 2004 SSR and I recently ran into an issue of my blower motor not shutting off when I remove the key from the ignition.

I ended up removing the fuse, but I would like to get the issue fixed ASAP.

We recently replaced the blower motor resistor so I know that is not part of my problem.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Glenn
post #49 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Location: Roselle, Illinois This is located NW of Chicago about 25 miles.

My SSR:
2006 Black with running boards and chrome package. Have added items from Florida and Texas.
Any electrical connection you see, touch or remove should be reinstalled using dielectric
grease applied to the contacts. This will insure a good contact and help to prevent moisture from corroding the contacts.
post #50 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:36 AM

2005 SSR Electrical TROUBLE..

It first started running rough after sitting for awhile, thought it was bad fuel, got worse, took it to the shop , they said #4 coil, changed that , didnt work.
Driving home, ABS, TC, Brake system scrolling, changed brakes, didnt help.
Now has loss of power, locks going up and down, cant get roof closed, says reduce speeed, dash freaking out. going from D,R etc.
(changed ignition switch about a year ago, and new battery)
ANY info would HELP!! thank you.
post #51 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Lacouette View Post
It first started running rough after sitting for awhile, thought it was bad fuel, got worse, took it to the shop , they said #4 coil, changed that , didnt work.
Driving home, ABS, TC, Brake system scrolling, changed brakes, didnt help.
Now has loss of power, locks going up and down, cant get roof closed, says reduce speeed, dash freaking out. going from D,R etc.
(changed ignition switch about a year ago, and new battery)
ANY info would HELP!! thank you.
Check grounds. Specially the one by the battery.

Go to SSR How to Library, here is link.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3ef39...5ADCE5E5%21853

Dicktator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 11:05 AM

Thank you , going to check battery cables!! fingers crossed!!!
post #53 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 04:12 PM

My SSR:
2004 ssr
try tapping the starter while some one trys to start it. brushs my stuck in starter.
post #54 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 04:23 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 aqua blur
Could it be the EBCM?
post #55 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 02:47 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Aqua Blur...118588
Wndow Problem

My windows have quit lowering a half inch when I open door...Is there an actuator for them that I can replace??

BLUE SKIES & FAST RIDES
post #56 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watashi View Post
My windows have quit lowering a half inch when I open door...Is there an actuator for them that I can replace??
Before Ed jumps in, try re-indexing windows.

Put window down, HOLD switch DOWN for 10 seconds. Now put window up and HOLD switch UP for 10 seconds.

This reprograms windows.

Dicktator

post #57 of 124 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Well , 1 new not so much a problem when I went to start the engine seemed like it didn't kick over all the way when I to try again Nothing. Took the key got out went in the house I went back started rite up ,engine light stayed on about 5 minutes than went out this happened twice .I just don't want to end by the side of the road
post #58 of 124 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Tech Support/Research

Starting Issue

Hi Bill:

Your post might be moved to another section of the forum but anyway I suggest you start by having the truck read for stored error codes using an OBD code reader/scan tool.
post #59 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 10:45 AM

I have a 2003 SSR, purchased new, have 46.000 on it the speedometer hand and the gas gage hand have gone crazy the speedometer is stuck at six o clock and the gas gage is at about 7. What to do? Can the instrument cluster be taken out without removing the dashboard if so can you tell me how? Thanks Fred
post #60 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Genuinely SSR Obsessed

My SSR:
2006 Black FPR #24031 BOD=3/14/2006 The Black Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred22 View Post
I have a 2003 SSR, purchased new, have 46.000 on it the speedometer hand and the gas gage hand have gone crazy the speedometer is stuck at six o clock and the gas gage is at about 7. What to do? Can the instrument cluster be taken out without removing the dashboard if so can you tell me how? Thanks Fred
===========================
Fred, it sounds like your stepper motors are toast.

You need to replace all five of them. You can coax the gauge cluster out without removing the entire length of the dash----just make sure the dash is "warm" enough. Let it sit in the sun for awhile so it will give as much as it can.

Also, check the How-To Library for some tips and pictures to help.

Good luck,
David

=========================================

Livin' the Dream; Thanks Chevrolet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in