LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:44 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Does the DIC indicate the door is ajar?

Scan tool data will show a door ajar switch - I called it door latch switch

Driver Door Ajar Switch: The scan tool displays the state of the driver door. Active is open and inactive is closed.

Driver Door Handle: The scan toll displays the current state of the door handle switch. When the driver door handle is lifted the scan tool will display active and at rest will display inactive.

Driver Door Latch Lock Switch: The scan tool will display Yes if the driver door is locked and No if it is unlocked.

How to check wiring
Unplug three wire connector from latch.
With key on use a voltmeter and measure the voltages as follows

Place black meter lead in cavity for black wire
Place red lead in cavity with Gry/blk wire (door ajar signal wire) and record voltage
Move red voltmeter lead to LGrn/blk wire (door handle switch signal wire) record voltage
Both measurements should be similar and I believe these are 5 volt reference circuits. (slight possibility they are both higher)
If they are similar - problem in latch
If Gry/blk wire 0 (or real low) that wire is open and must be traced down

I do not know why - but GM shows the two different switches on two different diagrams: one is door ajar switches and the other is door ajar and indicators
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 02:02 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Thanks Autoprof. Where are you finding these drawings? Are they on the memory stick from Dinerman? I have not navigated that yet but am willing to try so I can see what I am up to. Past experience trying to navigate drawings has not been good because I do not know where to find the starting point. I am used to looking in a book so I can flip from page to page for ref.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #93 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 02:08 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The window goes up and down as it should with the status of the door but the radio remains on with the door open until timeout unless the passenger door is opened, then it goes off. Thanks for the information. I did not want to tear into the door until I knew what to look for. Is the GRY/BLK also accessible in the kick panel, so I could maybe check there before ripping into the door? or should I just wait until I go in to do Muth Mirrors?
Sorry I was typing other reply when you posted this one
Yes the wire is in kick panel - connector C500 -terminal A1 gry/blk, A3 Lgn/Blk and A5 is the blk ground wire. You could check resistance between blk wire and gry blk wire (door harness side and connector unplugged) low resistance door open -- high resistance to infinite door closed

Better yet get a scan tool to check BCM and RDM data -- compare to each other and previous post info.

IF window goes back up the properly RDM is seeing the door close and I do not think problem in latch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 02:11 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 slingshot yellow, born 09/30/04, #15805
Hurray - yesterday the thumb drive with the Service Manuals arrived! Thank you so much, xoxoxoBruce!!! Thatīs really awesome stuff. I love this community - so many people caring to collect information and provide it to others. Iīm still overwhelmed ...

My is now in another workshop. A car electric spezialist is now supporting me in looking for the fault. The wiring diagrams are a great help to understand the "miracles" happening in the guts of my black boxes. So I keep fingers crossed to get her back to the street soon.
post #95 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Dinerman did a great service to the community putting together the Ultimate Key. It's a must have for anyone who doesn't want to throw money at their truck hoping fairies will come in the night and make everything better. Even if you can't do the work and finding someone familiar with the SSR is a joke, you can find someone who will do it if you have the reference materials.
Warrior=='06 likes this.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #96 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 12:09 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Thanks Autoprof. Where are you finding these drawings? Are they on the memory stick from Dinerman? I have not navigated that yet but am willing to try so I can see what I am up to. Past experience trying to navigate drawings has not been good because I do not know where to find the starting point. I am used to looking in a book so I can flip from page to page for ref.[/quote]

Sorry blue streak -- I did not see this post ---
I have not opened the drive from dinerman -- They are in my glove box, I think?
I have a subscription to identifix that i get though school (I teach auto at a community college) This service has access to many factory service manuals.
You would look in wiring diagrams of service manual
I did find a diagram which shows both the door ajar and handle switch on one page -- it was in the section of wiring diagram for theft deterrent.
You never replied -- DOES door ajar message come on DIC?
post #97 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 04:33 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
My Permagrin is back!

Finally sheīs back on the road. The TCM had to be changed, now the roof is working again, gear control, power, etc. is back. There was no root cause visible, but the guy is assuming, that it may came from a temporary short circuit fault between the battery cells. True or not? I donīt want to proof it and changed the battery too.

The only problem not being solved right now is traction control & ABS. Both are still showing the warning signs and are not working. Seems to be a dead sensor somewhere? But this I hope to find out later.

Important is, that I can drive & smile ...

Keep you postet about the rest when I find the faults.
post #98 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 06:14 AM
Tech Support/Research

Doc Borneo

Doc:

How did the shop identify the TCM as the cause of the problem?
post #99 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 01:27 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
The shop has the according software to get into the depth of the guts. So they could read it.

BTW, I got the guy wrong, the dead sensors are found too. But I donīt want to buy them in Germany. The TCM already cost about 600$ without programming just for the Hardware. And the sensors should cost about 120$ each (plus tax & work). I will try to get them in the States and pick it up when I (or a collegue) is having the next working trip in US.
post #100 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 05:22 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
When searching for TCM Problems, I found this:

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/s...ved-tcm-27254/

But there the sensors were OK, it seems.
post #101 of 124 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Glad you're making progress, Doc.
Having to fix things is a pain in the wallet, but not being able to figure out what to fix is hell.

post #102 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Supporting Member

My SSR:
PL#RDHTSSR 2006 Redline Red 3SS Final Production #23514 comes out to be #228 of the Final Production
Hi To Anyone and everyone. I heard a noise when taking down the Top so since I have never had to oil it I'm guessing it is time, so can someone please tell this Dumbass what should be lubed and with what kind of lube Thank you. And please don't laugh at me because I represent this comment.
post #103 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 11:18 PM
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

My SSR:
FIRST 06 Pacific BLUE 3SS with VYJ "Chrome" #145 of 532 Born on 9/9/05
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ssroe
Deleted

Michael & Linda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #104 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 02:15 AM
Supporting Member

My SSR:
PL#RDHTSSR 2006 Redline Red 3SS Final Production #23514 comes out to be #228 of the Final Production
Really you didn't have a comment i could use?
post #105 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:43 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Problem with driver side lights.

I replaced bulbs and 1 10 amp fuse but lights still won't come on on drivers side rear taillight and license plate light. Can you tell me what else I could try. The lights worked before I replaced bulbs and blew a fuse.
post #106 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:50 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Location: Trinity, Florida (Winter), Caledonia, Michigan (Summer)

My SSR:
06 Pacific Blue W/Chrome Package
What lights are not working on the Driver's side rear tail light?
Park Light
Brake
Turn Signal
post #107 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 04:22 AM

My SSR:
06 Aqua Blur w/chrome pkg, Automatic. Also have 2002 FLHTC, Mercendes-Benz GLK350, & Sonata
Ed, I have a friend that has an SSR but not on the fanatic site. The car is new to him and he hates computers. He wants the main fuse box fix installed. His car stops running and he needs to tap on the fuse box to get it going. He would like to send the unit to you. You did mine at the Springfield, IL rally.

If this is something you would be interested in doing, let me know. If you could PM me with info then I'll pass it on. That way he can contact you directly.

Thanks,
Tom (clemenza)
post #108 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 04:06 PM

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red SSR
Send a message via MSN to omg_its_al
Hey Ed, if you're out there listening ... I posted another thread, https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/n...1/#post3946938 concerning my 04 SSR, thought I had her fixed only to find her dead as a door nail this morning... brand new red top battery is completely discharged, hooked her up to a charger and there's a lot of resistance.

Wondering if any of this is making sense... I think she's got a short some where, causing the battery to completely discharge. I can't explain why I can't even jump her (yes I get a good ground to the engine block and yes all the gauges are showing electrical flow) but when I crank her over, I don't even get a click for the starter. Is it possible that the Ignition Switch went out again? What would cause a new battery to completely discharge?

Thanks!

Al (omg_its_al)
post #109 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:20 PM

Hi Ed, Are you the guy that replaces step motors in a gauge cluster? If so would you do a 2003 express 1500 van? I hope I remember correctly, gettin old ya know.

Jim
post #110 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:59 PM

My SSR:
2005 Aqua Blue 6 speed. My Corvette with a BIG trunk.
I have tried to PM Ed in Fl but I don't yet have 15 posts. I sure wish I could speak to someone who is knowledgeable on SSR engine electrical. I may have to take it to a dealer to see what they can do. see post "Hot no Start"
post #111 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 09:00 PM

Quick question on tach and temp gauge reading hi and not coming down. Turned off for one hour and turned back on. Did not reset still showing hi not resetting. Any thoughts?
post #112 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:05 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce View Post
Quick question on tach and temp gauge reading hi and not coming down. Turned off for one hour and turned back on. Did not reset still showing hi not resetting. Any thoughts?
Bad stepper motors. Replace them all. See Dicktator's One drive
SSReplay likes this.

post #113 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 03:20 PM

Mice have gotten to my wiring. Insurance will pay for neww wiring harnesses. Where is a good place to buy them
post #114 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 03:35 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcraig View Post
Mice have gotten to my wiring. Insurance will pay for neww wiring harnesses. Where is a good place to buy them
Welcome from central Ohio.
You have stumbled on THE best place for advice/help.

What year?
Which harness? It's not all one big harness there are sections.
With more information a fanatic that is parting one out or possibly Cleveland power and performance (google it and call), but they will ask these questions.
Might be good idea to start a new thread to get attention.
post #115 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 06:21 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcraig View Post
Welcome to the Family from one of the SoCal Nuts!
You might also want to introduce yourself in the New Members Forum and consider adding some information in your profile so others will know if you are nearby. We are a friendly group and you might fins some willing helpers when you begin replacement , or finding other issues you need help with.

post #116 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 02:35 PM

My SSR:
2004 Chevrolet SSR
Garage
The lights in the switches for radio & messages have burned out. I removed the switch to find that the lights are part of a printed circuit board. I don't need the lights to operate. But wondered if any one has experienced this problem. I have replaced both switches twice. Same result of burn out lights. I did find Chevrolet did have the parts available back several years ago when I was having multiple electrical problems. Now? Nope.
post #117 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Are you talking about the switches in the steering wheel?

post #118 of 124 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Replacing lights on Steering Wheel is on SSR How to Library by Mike aka Dragon2U.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5

jcraig, If you need Electric Harness, contact Barry Pattison aka RedBarry

Or contact me.

Dicktator

post #119 of 124 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:40 PM

I am new this site and have a electrical question for ED.
How can I contact him?
post #120 of 124 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:47 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappySSR View Post
I am new this site and have a electrical question for ED.
How can I contact him?
Go to the New Members Section and introduce yourself and ask him to get in touch with you. He should be able to send you a PM, which you cannot answer yet, but he can send you an email address or phone number that way if you ask politely.
Good luck and welcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in