40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
SSR Videos from RetroCarGuy530

Hello everyone. This is Robert Baller. I've created a social medial company (RetroCarGuy530, LLC) that creates videos about a variety of car topics.

One of the main topics I'll be covering is the Chevy SSR. My current 2004 Chevy SSR is my fourth one.

I've created a few threads on this site with links to the videos related to the SSR. I thought I would create this thread that will have links to the other site threads to make it easier for a person to find the various threads on this site and the videos on my YouTube channel.

I'll update this post with a link to each new thread I create on this site that has a new Chevy SSR related video.

I hope these videos provide my fellow Chevy SSR owners with information that makes owning your Chevy SSR a little bit easier.

I only ask that if you find the videos helpful to you, please subscribe to my RetroCarGuy530 YouTube channel (see the link in this post). I need to get at least 1000 subscribers on my YouTube channel before I have the potential to make anything from the time/effort I put into creating these videos. Subscribing to my YouTube channel does require that you have some sort of Google issued user account (gmail, google, youtube).

Here's a link that will take you to YouTube and present a list of the Chevy SSR videos that I've put together:

YouTube: RetroCarGuy530 - Chevy SSR Video Playlist

This link will take you to my YouTube channel and ask whether you want to subscribe to the channel:

YouTube: Subscribe to RetoroCarGuy530 LLC Channel

Thanks!

==================

Chevy SSR Review on YouTube

Replace Rear Sway Bar End Links Video

3rd Brake Light Pulser

Access Turn Signal Switch / Ignition Switch

Ignition Switch Replacement Video

Dash Camera - VIOFO A119S V2

Autel MaxiCheck Pro Handheld Scanner Review - Chevy SSR ABS Automated Bleed

SSR Tech Session - 8/25/2018 - San Jose, CA

HVAC Blend Door Calibration

Introduction to Simple Engineering

LST Deck (Cargo Cover) Struts - Installation Steps

LST 2003/2004 Hood Lift Kit - Installation

SSR Front Fascia Stabilizer Kit - Installation

SSR Lower Radiator Support - Installation

SSR Anti-Lock Brake Module Heat Shield - Installation

SSR Replacement Air Dam - Installation

SSR Front Brake Pads and Rotors - Installation

SSR 4-bolt Rear Crossmember - Installation

SSR Front Frame Stiffening Plate - Installation

SSR Retractable Hardtop Maintenance and Adjustment Tips

SSR Side Window Re-Indexing / Programming the Power Windows

Rear Cargo Area - Water Leak Prevention Tips

Autel MaxiCheck Pro - Chevy SSR Smog Check Readiness

VIOFO A119 Pro Dash Cam - Unboxing / Firmware Upgrade

Race Ramps - RR-XT-2 67" Ramps / RR-EX-14 67" Xtender

2019 CA Exhaust Noise Law Change | CA AB 1824 | Q&A

Bilstein Front Shocks - Installation

SSR Front Wheel Hub - Installation

SSR - Crankshaft Position Sensor Install

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

04 Chevy SSR | 17 Chevy SS Sedan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 03:48 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Pacific Blue, Auto, 3SS, with Chrome Pkg. Designated as GM Zone Show Vehicle.
Good start. Hope you do well.
shiftz33 likes this.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "SSR 4-bolt Rear Crossmember - Installation" link in the first post.

|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "SSR Front Frame Stiffening Plate - Installation" link to the first post.
Autoprof likes this.

|
|

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:23 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BlueBelle
Way to go Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shiftz33 likes this.

FROM THE HOME OF THE MERMAIDS

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "SSR Retractable Hardtop Maintenance and Adjustment Tips" thread link to the first post.
People Eater likes this.

|
|

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added two links to the first post.

One that takes you directly to my YouTube channel Chevy SSR video playlist which contains all of my SSR related videos.

The second one is a link that will take you to my YouTube channel and prompt you whether you want to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
HUAW and People Eater like this.

|
|

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 04:27 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Please subscribe to shiftz33's YouTube channel - he's only 811 away from getting some benefit from doing all this work.
shiftz33 likes this.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "SSR Side Window Re-Indexing / Programming the Power Windows" link to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I'd like to thank everyone that has subscribed to my YouTube channel. I'm at 198 subscribers as of this morning!

The viewer metrics are getting a tiny bit better:

Last 7 Days:

Subscribed Viewers: 9.2%
Not Subscribed Viewers: 90.8%

All of my SSR specific content will only be on my YouTube channel and there will never be any cost to view the videos.

I have additional videos on Instagram TV channel (yes there is such a thing) and my company's Facebook page, but those also have a version of the video on my YouTube channel.

I'll only "ask" this one last time, because I don't want to be "that guy" that keeps bugging everyone with unwanted requests.

If you find SSR videos helpful, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel and follow me on Instagram. It doesn't cost anything other than the time to click on the link to subscribe to my channel (see link in the first post of thread).

I'll be transitioning away from my 38+ years of IT / data center operations / software programming / IoT (Internet of Things) when I get laid off from my current job around May 2019.

I'll be dedicating more time and resources to my new company and videos. I have plans to attend 2019 SEMA as well.

I'm hoping to turn 2019 into a great year for my family, learn a bunch of new things and hopefully give everyone here some video content they find useful.

Thanks again!

-- Robert

|
|

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 07:20 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Aqua Blur
Thanks For the videos Robert
shiftz33 likes this.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Thumbs up Thanks for the additional subscribers

I've had some success the past 9 days getting some new subscribers for my YouTube channel. I've gained 21 subscribers for a total of 219 as of this morning.

My "not subscribed vs. subscribed" ratio is still about the same 93% "not subscribed" vs 7% subscribed over the past 7 days.

Subscribing to my channel does require that you have some sort of Google issued user account (gmail, google, youtube). I understand that some users do not want to get a user account just to subscribe to my channel.

Making some progress!

|
|

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "Rear Cargo Area - Water Leak Prevention Tips" thread link to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 06:02 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red
Garage
Robert, since this is so important to support your efforts, it might be helpful if we had step by step instructions on how to get this set up like you need us to do. Some of us may not be as computer savvy as we would like (me included) ,and we want to make sure that we support your efforts as much as possible. Having access to these videos is a real benefit to us all that may not be as mechanically gifted as some of our counterparts. Thank you for your support.
shiftz33 and Auggie Doggie like this.

Sooner SSR
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Subscribing to the RetroCarGuy530 LLC YouTube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSSR View Post
Robert, since this is so important to support your efforts, it might be helpful if we had step by step instructions on how to get this set up like you need us to do. Some of us may not be as computer savvy as we would like (me included) ,and we want to make sure that we support your efforts as much as possible. Having access to these videos is a real benefit to us all that may not be as mechanically gifted as some of our counterparts. Thank you for your support.
Thank for taking the time to check out my videos!

You will always (unless Google changes something) be able to view my YouTube channel's videos with or without being subscribed to my YouTube channel.

All you'll need to do is click on the link for a particular video and that should take you to the video viewer on the YouTube website and it will play that video. You can then view any other video on my channel as well.

The ssrfanatic.com website was displaying a YouTube player within the post for the video on this site, but due to some recent change to the ssrfanatic.com website it stopped presenting that video viewer within the threads on this site. I've already reported that bug to the admins of this site and they are looking into it.

What does subscribing to my channel do for my channel:

Google / YouTube allows a channel to be monetized (capable of displaying ads during video playback) after a channel has reached a couple of minimum thresholds:

1000 subscribers
4000 watch hours (within the previous 12 months)

Once a YouTube channel reaches those minimums, the channel owner applies to be monetized. Once approved, the videos are allowed to present ads during video playback.

Google splits the revenue for the ads with the channel's owner. This is how the channel's owner can begin to make money from videos on their channel.

Of course, the channel owner has to be making video content people want to watch. The channel has to maintain the monetization minimums to remain monetized going forward.

How to subscribe to the RetroCarGuy530 LLC YouTube channel:

YouTube: Subscribe to the RetroCarGuy530 YouTube channel

Click on this link to go to my YouTube channel and have YouTube website present a popup panel that asks: "Are you sure you want to subscribe to RetroCarGuy530?"

If you already have a "Google" account all you have to do at this point is click on the "SUBSCRIBE" link on the page. (see attached photo)

If you're not signed in or don't have a Google account, you'll be presented with "Sign In" page from Google. (see attached photo)

If you have a Google account, simply sign in at this point.

If you don't have a Google account, you would click on the "Create account" link on that page. You'll then be presented with a "Create your Google Account" page where you enter in some info to create your new Google account. (see attached photo)

Once you're signed into your existing or new Google account you should be taken to my channel again (I believe). If it doesn't ask you to confirm the subscription to my channel, you can click on the link on this page again or click on the red "SUBSCRIBE" button(s) on my YouTube channel's page.

There is no cost to obtain the Google account nor is there any cost to subscribe to my YouTube channel!

I really wish there was a way to subscribe without a Google account, but I understand that Google has to track the items you as a viewer subscribe to, watch and your preferences for your YouTube viewing.

If my YouTube channel reaches the minimum monetization requirements, the video playback will get a bit more annoying to the viewers since ads will be presented during the video playback.

It should never cost you any money to watch my Chevy SSR videos!

If you've read this far into this post, thank you for your support!

-- Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube_subscribe.png
Views:	29
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	539149   Click image for larger version

Name:	signin_or_create_account.png
Views:	22
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	539151   Click image for larger version

Name:	create_account.png
Views:	25
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	539153  
Hollister SSR likes this.

|
|

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Autel MaxiCheck Pro - Chevy SSR Smog Check Readiness

I added the "Autel MaxiCheck Pro - Chevy SSR Smog Check Readiness" thread link to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "VIOFO A119 Pro Dash Cam - Unboxing / Firmware Upgrade" thread to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the 'Race Ramps - RR-XT-2 67" Ramps / RR-EX-14 67" Xtender' thread to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added a link to thread '2019 CA Exhaust Noise Law Change | CA AB 1824 | Q&A' to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I just went through all of the other forum threads for my YouTube videos to update any of them that were not displaying the mini YouTube player window. There was a ssrfanatic.com website change a while back that caused the YouTube links not to the display the mini player. After it was resolved on the website, the posts that had valid links still did not display the mini YouTube player.

I just edited/saved the posts that did not display mini YouTube player.

In doing so, the posts with "Likes" on them lost the "Likes" for the post because I technically edited the post, even though I didn't change anything.

Thanks for the "Likes" and I hope you can view the videos a little easier now.

The mini YouTube player is probably not the best viewing experience, but it at least gets you the thumbnail picture for the video and you can start watch the video using it and maximize the screen to make it easier to view.

You can also click on the title of the video at the top of the mini YouTube player and it will take you directly to the YouTube website to view the video.

Looking at the YouTube stats for my SSR videos over the past 28 days, 84% of the views are from non-subscribers.

I hope I'm providing helpful content to the SSR community. If you find it helpful, please subscribe to my RetroCarGuy530 YouTube channel (it's free). I'm including a link in this post that will take you to my YouTube channel and ask if you want to subscribe.

I'm attempting to get to 1,000 subscribers so I can meet the YouTube monetization requirements (allow ads to be displayed during my videos).

I'm near the end of my current computer software job and I'll be switching to the YouTube/Instagram TV channels full time to give it a solid shot at getting monetized and providing more helpful Chevy SSR content (as well as many other videos on other cars, car reviews, tool reviews, cars and coffee car meets, etc).

Thanks for your support in my next life adventure!

YouTube - Subscribe to RetroCarGuy530 Channel
People Eater likes this.

|
|

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added a link to the first post to the "Bilstein Front Shocks - Installation" thread on this site.

|
|

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:50 PM

My SSR:
03 Redline Red, stock (as God and the GM engineers intended)
I recently stumbled across the front brakes/rotors video and it was great. Many of these videos are projects I will be doing with my 2003 SSR, I really appreciate the time and effort in making these. I'm subscribed, I encourage others to do the same.
shiftz33 and Hollister SSR like this.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Added the "SSR Front Wheel Hub - Installation" thread link to the first post in this thread.

|
|

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:31 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
03 Redline Red # 1587 born on 11/12/03 became family on 12/2/03
I followed the link and subscribed. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the SSR.
shiftz33 likes this.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
I added the "SSR - Crankshaft Position Sensor Install" thread link to the first post.

|
|

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
500 Subscribers

My YouTube channel just passed the 500 subscriber milestone!

Onward to 1000 subscribers....

To become a monetized YouTube channel (can display ads during video playback and earn a small amount of money per video/ad view), my channel needs to obtain 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours (over the past 12 month period). The channel just crossed the 4000 watch hour threshold, now just to convince at least 1000 (another 500) subscribers that my channel has some value to them.

Thanks for the support!

-- Robert
richsadams likes this.

|
|

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:51 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
thank you for your work
Subscription entered
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
RetroCarGuy530

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoprof View Post
thank you for your work
Subscription entered
Thanks for your support and all of the help you give fellow SSR owners on this site!

|
|

post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
How come when I go to one of your videos on chan 530 there's a red box that says subscribe to 506?

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:31 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
My YouTube channel just passed the 500 subscriber milestone!

Onward to 1000 subscribers....

To become a monetized YouTube channel (can display ads during video playback and earn a small amount of money per video/ad view), my channel needs to obtain 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours (over the past 12 month period). The channel just crossed the 4000 watch hour threshold, now just to convince at least 1000 (another 500) subscribers that my channel has some value to them.

Thanks for the support!

-- Robert
Thanks for all of your hard work on the videos Robert. They are really great!

I subscribed before even buying our R and have done my part to rack up viewing hours... often into the wee morning hours after my wife had told me to go to bed for the third or fourth time. I don't know if I've watched every one, but it's just a matter of time.

Keep up the great work!
shiftz33 likes this.

Cheers,

Rich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in