• 1 Post By xoxoxoBruce
  • 1 Post By BlueStreak
  • 1 Post By BlueStreak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research
Lifetime Supporting Member

Steering Column Lower Cover Photos

Ignition switch replacement has been a standard topic for years. Replacement of the switch requires removal and reinstallation of the plastic lower steering column cover, which is not difficult but requires some finesse to avoid breaking any of the many alignment tabs and clips that secure it in place. For reference, I colored in silver these alignment/attachment points as shown in the attached photos so you can see where they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0640.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	526413   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0641.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	526415   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0642.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	526417   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0643.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	526419  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 01:54 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomuncher View Post
Ignition switch replacement has been a standard topic for years. Replacement of the switch requires removal and reinstallation of the plastic lower steering column cover, which is not difficult but requires some finesse to avoid breaking any of the many alignment tabs and clips that secure it in place. For reference, I colored in silver these alignment/attachment points as shown in the attached photos so you can see where they are.

You must be thinkin' (all is normal with this forum) and viewing your pics is a no brainer.

Maybe some viewing on a tablet or smart phone can just use their fingers and expand the pic t really see it. Others of us are using a PC at home and still getting (rejected) when trying to view any pics for the last two/three weeks now.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

Lower Steering Column Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscooter View Post

You must be thinkin' (all is normal with this forum) and viewing your pics is a no brainer.

Maybe some viewing on a tablet or smart phone can just use their fingers and expand the pic t really see it. Others of us are using a PC at home and still getting (rejected) when trying to view any pics for the last two/three weeks now.
My current workaround to the issue with ability to view site photos is, using my PC, to right-click on a photo, select "Save Picture As" and download it to a folder. From there I can open the photo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:44 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]

Maybe some viewing on a tablet or smart phone can just use their fingers and expand the pic t really see it. Others of us are using a PC at home and still getting (rejected) when trying to view any pics for the last two/three weeks now.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_crying.png[/IMG]
Took less time go to the Moon and back than it is to fix the picture problem. Makes you want to go HMMMM. Unless the Russians are behind it. What you think?
nj6969 likes this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 04:26 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
SE Rad support, Frame Plate, Main Fan. Otherwise stock.
Yup canít see pics.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Proud Original Owner

My SSR:
'03 #01155 Painted stripes, Magnaflow, K&N air system, Ported Throttle Body, 4:30 Gears. Custom Tune
Garage
We'll have a lot of good stuff to go back and look at whenever they get this site picture thing fixed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RR--Ron & Frieda --- ------I'm on my second cup of coffee and still can't face the day - Gordon Lightfoot
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Quote:
My current workaround to the issue with ability to view site photos is, using my PC, to right-click on a photo, select "Save Picture As" and download it to a folder. From there I can open the photo.
When I right click on yours it doesn't give the save image option as it normally does.
"Save image as" and "copy image" are faded.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot yellow
long way around

I tried Snomunchers' Save as image, Save, go to downloads and download document and then increase the magnification. It will work though, at least it does on my PC. Think I'll wait with everyone else for the fix.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:53 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Smokin Asphalt
Garage
Send a message via AIM to TheXCepsion
Since Viewing attached photos is still being a problem that is being worked on, just right click on the photos in the post and then resize them so you can see them. Seems too work for Me, just a tip.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:04 AM

My SSR:
Red 2005 with 1SB package, chrome wheels, gauge pkg and carpeted bed.
Do we know if anyone is actually trying to fix this problem? We've all complained about it in this thread and others, but I haven't seen anyone acknowledge the problem and state that they're working on a fix.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:17 AM

why did they make a change anyway. things were fine before. evidently one of the rocket scientists running this site decided a change for the worse was needed.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:50 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Born on 12/23/04, adopted 07/06/16, From KY to CA. Once a farm truck, Now a SoCal cruiser.
Garage
Still total disrespect to all users of this and other forums, no updates what so ever. Poor form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
Still total disrespect to all users of this and other forums, no updates what so ever. Poor form.
and they have the balls to tell you you do not have enough posts to view the pictures. who the hell thought that one up. i was able to view the pics before the brain trusts decided to make the change. what do the number of posts have to do with wether you can view a picture ?
shakatak likes this.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Someone explain why I can enlarge pictures on smart phone and tablet but not desktop??
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 07:26 AM
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 Ė PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT RYD View Post
Someone explain why I can enlarge pictures on smart phone and tablet but not desktop??
Sorry I am not an IT person but the owners Admin's on our site are supposedly looking into this glitch. BTW: Our site owner's Admins work on many other car websites not just ours.

Yes indeed, this has been going on for sometime now and we ALL are anxiously awaiting the fix.

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
BTW: Our site owner's Admins work on many other car websites not just ours.
The owners, VerticalScope Inc. 111 Peter Street, Suite 700 Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5V 2H1, has moved us to the bottom of the list, probably in retaliation for steel and Aluminum tariffs.
Auggie Doggie likes this.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 11:13 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The owners, VerticalScope Inc. 111 Peter Street, Suite 700 Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5V 2H1, has moved us to the bottom of the list, probably in retaliation for steel and Aluminum tariffs.

Maybe they'll give us a break as they are gonna make out big time on lobster exports to China.

China has also retaliated against the US with a 25% bump up on tariffs on lobsters coming from the US while at the same time.......decreasing their tariff on lobsters from Canada.

The kanooks win this one and Maine loses.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 11:22 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they'll give us a break as they are gonna make out big time on lobster exports to China.

China has also retaliated against the US with a 25% bump up on tariffs on lobsters coming from the US while at the same time.......decreasing their tariff on lobsters from Canada.

The kanooks win this one and Maine loses.
I am sure these comments were in jest but this is not the place for politics.
Guzzi Guy likes this.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Yes Dear.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
Yes Dear.

I've not read every entry on multiple posts that are discussing the (picture problems)...Has Blue streak or any other (moderator) given us any feedback as to what (if any) thing has been done to address the problem............that led us into these (jesting)..........."political type comments"
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 04:43 PM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
YEP! one is Post #15 Above, but a number of Posts on other Threads.

Thread--Image attachment broken
Post #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View PosOnce again no communication is poor form on the companies part.
Post #41-- BlueStreak--I cannot tell you much, but something is better than nothing I hope. Marc NY has been chasing the Owner Admins on this since it started. He is trying to get them to understand that apparently we do not see what they see. I do not try to make excuses but I also understand that sometimes if you are not looking through the same window the image is different. The problem is being worked on and when we get some answers we will let you know. We understand how frustrating this is to you. It is frustrating us as well, and we are doing what we can, which is not much right now. Please try to understand.
Nick

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 04:55 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:

I've not read every entry on multiple posts that are discussing the (picture problems)...Has Blue streak or any other (moderator) given us any feedback as to what (if any) thing has been done to address the problem............that led us into these (jesting)..........."political type comments"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj6969 View Post
YEP! one is Post #15 Above, but a number of Posts on other Threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post

BlueStreak-Once again no communication is poor form on the companies part.
I cannot tell you much, but something is better than nothing I hope. Marc NY has been chasing the Owner Admins on this since it started. He is trying to get them to understand that apparently we do not see what they see. I do not try to make excuses but I also understand that sometimes if you are not looking through the same window the image is different. The problem is being worked on and when we get some answers we will let you know. We understand how frustrating this is to you. It is frustrating us as well, and we are doing what we can, which is not much right now. Please try to understand.
Nick
Thanks Nick,
I and the other Moderators do not read every post either, and therefore, I can only speak for what I know and I try to pass on the information I think is appropriate at the time. If I can answer a question i do so and if not I try to find the information necessary and go back and answer the question when I can. I am lucky enough to have a lot of time to spend here and I enjoy it but I do have a life, as do the other moderators and Administrators, and we are all volunteers. I cannot speak for those who work on behalf of Vectorscope, but we have channels to send questions to them and when they respond we try to get back to our members if the message is still timely.
nj6969 likes this.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in