Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Black, '03, 1sb, #1256 and '05
Center console removal
To remove the center console:
1. Open the roof and leave open the roof storage compartment lid so that the waterfall can be lifted.
2. Lift up with pressure on the ends of the waterfall area behind the seats near the seat belts. This is merely held on by pressure clips.
3. Lift the remaining portion of the waterfall using the same type of pressure. It has the same type of pressure clips.
4. Tilt seat forward to expose a screw near top edge of lower console (one on each side). Remove screws.
5. Lift door for center console and remove the one srew inside the passenger side rear corner.
6. Using a T-15 torx bit, remove the set screw from the shift lever (located on the front side of the shifter below the ball knob). Remove the lever.
7. Lift lightly upwards on the stainless control panel which is also held in place with pressure clips. Then remove the electrical connector from the panel.
8. Remove a 7mm screw from under the control panel (located in the center of that area).
9. Use light pressure to lift up on the center console at the front edge, then the center to release the pressure clips holding it in place. With this removed, you have access to all the components located in the console.
1) If you have the 3 gauge cluster, you must remove it first before you can remove the center console.
2) Have the key available in case you need to move the latch hook.
TO REINSTALL REVERSE PROCEDURE.