Chevy SSR Forum banner

13th Annual SSRs at the Beach Cruise June 20 - 23 2019

7K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  Flassh 
#1 · (Edited)
31 SSRs coming to the 2019 Beach Cruise as of June 10 2019

Below is Episode 5 Season 22 of My Classic Car with Dennis Gage, at the 2017 Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton, BC

https://www.facebook.com/myclassiccar/videos/10157800656774012/?t=15

Schedule:

Thursday:

Zia's - Meet and Greet - Cocktails 6 PM, Dinner at 7 PM - Separate bills

Link to Zia's website

Zias Stonehouse Restaurant, Summerland, British Columbia

Link to Zia's Thursday Night thread on SSRFanatic Coming soon

Friday:

- Registration from 9 AM at the Lakeside Resort
- Wine Cruise, Cruising all day Friday
- Parade - Gather at 4:30, parade at 5:30
- Show and Shine - Rotary Park, reserved parking for SSRs

- 10 PM Gyro Park Featured Entertainment
- Dinner at your leisure - lots of restaurants to choose from.

Saturday

- Car Show from 8 AM *** All registered SSRs must be in Rotary Park

- 5 PM - Winding Road Cruise/Tickleberrys
- 8 PM - Group Dinner TBA
- 10 PM - Feature Entertainment in Gyro Park

Sunday:

Awards at 11 AM - 12:30 PM

Cost:

Beach Cruise Registration ($40, $45 After June 1) and any clothing purchase (optional) are paid directly to the Beach Cruise

Passports are required for all movements between Canada and the US.

Link to the Penticton Tourism Website

https://www.visitpenticton.com/

Our SSRs will be on the grass at Rotary Park Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Security will be on site, eliminating the logistics of parking at the hotel.

Registrations for the 2018 Beach Cruise was 850 cars, which was a sellout. Registration was shut down 2 weeks prior to the show.

The setting is spectacular. The car show is staged from the Lakeside Resort Hotel (The long pier at the center of the photo) all the way to the SS Sicamous, at the far right, just before the river channel.

SSR parking will be in the park area to the right of the hotel on the photo below. We'll be just off the beach, on grass, across from Gyro Park, the outdoor entertainment area and concessions.

Link to the Peach City Beach Cruise Home Page

Peach City Beach Cruise

Click on the photo galleries on the left side of the main page to see the quality of cars at previous shows.

Registration for the 2019 Peach City Beach Cruise is now online.

Model is SSR Class is SSR. Do NOT pay for VIP parking

Link to Online Registration

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=673&BT=10&Ev=17345

Link to print a Mail-in Registration Form

http://peachcitybeachcruise.com/Registration and Schedule/Registration Form.pdf

Registration includes free entertainment at Gyro Park all weekend, Winery cruise on Friday afternoon, the Parade of Iron through the city Friday night, an evening show and shine Friday night, the car show Saturday and for Fanatics and friends a Cruise on Saturday evening, followed by dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant. Breakfast provided by Penticton Firefighters is available at a nominal cost on Saturday and Sunday.

Hotels

Lakeside Resort

The Lakeside Resort Hotel is a luxury hotel on the Beach. It has the Barking Parrot pub, the Bufflehead Pasta and Tapas Bar, a patio eating area, and the Hooded Merganser Restaurant built over the water.

If you check the photo of the hotel on the link below, the park area is just over top of the Hooded Merganser restaurant on the right, past the giant tree.

https://www.bing.com/aclick?ld=d3DW...sclkid}&rlid=83724be881bf1901346517eb215f9cb5

The Lakeside is very convenient, at the center of the Beach Cruise, next to Rotary Park.

I have booked 30 rooms, available from Thursday through Sunday.

Parkside - Beachside - Lakeside - Cost to be confirmed

Some upgrades to executive suites may be available. Please request when booking your room.

April 23 deadline to book rooms. 48 hour cancellation with no penalty.

Book by calling their toll-free number 1-800-663-9400. Booking is under SSRFanatic.

Alternative Accomodations. These are a 10 - 15 minute walk or a short drive away.

Ramada Penticton Hotel

https://www.bing.com/aclick?ld=d3Un...sclkid}&rlid=57a903334502178ec2b95f30e76b06cc

Penticton Coast Hotel (formerly Travelodge)

http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/penticton/coast-penticton-hotel/

Days Inn & Conference Centre

http://www.daysinnpenticton.ca/

Sandman Hotel

https://www.bing.com/aclick?ld=d33b...Sandman&rlid=61eb5c58ea4311fcf9b3005b48ad6472

There are a lot of other motels/hotels available, some at lower cost. The motels along Lakeshore Drive are convenient, but many are heavily booked already, so early booking is recommended.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: ABLUR05
#2 · (Edited)
Fanatics attending the Beach Cruise

Names in BOLD have registered.

SSR Lou................Lou and Yvonne...............Richmond, BC........Yellow
mikebike................Mike..................Surrey, BC..............Black/Silver
KellyO..................Kelly and Cyndy.......Stony Plain, AB.........Black/Silver z
sprooney.............Shawn and Sieglinde......Edmonton, AB........Red z
VI Ken...............Ken and Sylvia..............Comox, BC.............Black z
Jester...................Mark........................Bothell, WA...........Aqua Blur z
..........................David and Fran..........St. Albert, AB.........Silver z
PokerGuy............Lance and Debbi...........San Jose, CA.........Yellow z
Dan18237...........Dan and Karen............Renton, WA..........Aqua Blur
....................Michelle and Spencer..........Ponoka, AB............Ultra Violet
Flassh................Ray and Iris...............Summerland, BC......Silver/Black z
ABLUR05.......David and Nicolette.........Vancouver, WA........Aqua Blur z
Paul H.................Paul and Darlene.......Edmonton, AB...............Black z
240 Gordy..........Gord and Ev...............Lake Isle, AB............Black z
Nape...................Robert.....................Redmond, WA..........Black
doge...................Doug.......................Red Deer, AB............Black
russhhh..............Rus and Holly............Mt Vernon, WA.........Ultra violet z
........................Jim and Carol.............Sylvan Lake, AB........Red
.........................Jack and Karen..........Spokane, WA............Black
.........................Tom and Elaine..........High River, AB..........Black z
Big Guy...............Kyle and Faye...........Clearwater, BC.........Silver/black z
xs-cash.............Nathan and Bernie......Edmonton, AB..........Yellow z
........................Les and Dona............Penticton, BC............Yellow z
SSReplay............Jim and Lois..............Quincy, IL...............Red z
.........................Lorraine and Lee........Blairmore, AB...........Black
.........................Harvey.....................Kelowna, BC............Yellow/purple
........................Ernie and Anna...........Vancouver, WA.........Black z
Jazzy R..............Art and Mary.............Vancouver, WA.........Yellow z
.......................Allan and Gerry..........Sherwood Park, AB...........Yellow
......................Gale and Jeannie..........Vancouver, WA...........Silver
Cash................Dale..........................Kamloops, BC...........Red z

Reactions: mikebike
#4 ·
We're both getting older.............but no - you haven't done this yet. Glad you're coming back.

I have several Fanatics already registered. I'll start working on a list of those coming so far.:)

#9 ·
I think we signed up the day it came out too, but I can't remember. Wife thinks we did, but her memory is as good as mine. :laugh:
You're both good to go. I've been a little busy buying new parts for my truck, but time to get on with the Beach Cruise. We've got close to 450 cars registered already.

Reactions: KellyO
#12 · (Edited)
We have registration #5 for 'Black Magic' and have just confirmed our accommodation at the Lakeside.

Looking forward to Zia's for dinner, the downtown cruise, Winding Road tour, the show itself, and of course, seeing our SSR friends once again this year. Might even be a few cold beverages consumed [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

If you are thinking about attending, stop thinking and register to attend Penticton. 800+ registered show vehicles each year, provide one of the premiere car shows in Western Canada.

See you there ... top down of course!

#16 ·
Please join me in welcoming Jim and Carol from Sylvan Lake. They are travelling with the Outcasts car club, and will arrive on Friday.

#17 ·
we might be coming , I have sold out and retired , however Linda has chosen to stay working but might cut back a day a week , we have not been since 2012 and I don't think we have put 2500 km on truck since then , dove it once last year and hit a deer, front cover , rt h lite , foglite grill spear and hood grill , no damage to hood , rads or intercooler luckily $11400 later and its on the road

Reactions: 240 Gordy
#18 ·
We're getting a few more of the regulars signing up. 22 SSRs registered as of today. Still some rooms available at the Lakeside. I'm hoping to be able to extend our block reservation until May 20th. At the moment, the block expires April 20th.

#22 · (Edited)
The last few days have been excellent for Fanatic registrations.

I received one from Lorraine in Blairmore, AB, joining us for the first time.

Gary and Pat (Rampage) will be joining us from Oregon. They were at the Beach Cruise last year.

I'd also like to welcome Jim and Lois (SSReplay) coming all the way from Quincy, Illinois. Jim sent me a PM indicating the Beach Cruise had been on their bucket list for several years, and this is the year.

We only have a few days left on our room allocations, so please book your rooms at the Lakeside as soon as possible.

I've asked for an extension to May 20th, but not sure they will be able to accommodate us. They have an extensive waiting list getting impatient.

#27 ·
Please welcome Harvey from Kelowna. I met him at the Peachland car show last weekend, and he will be joining us for the Beach Cruise.

We are now at 30 SSRs and counting.:party

#29 ·
Hi Ray,

Gale Bast will be registering soon for the event. I just emailed the Karelo registration link to him.

He has recently purchased a 2004 :silver: SSR here in Vancouver, WA. He told me that he already has accommodations for the weekend. He will be traveling with the Portland group and plans to eat at Zia's Stonehouse on Thursday evening.

We look forward to seeing everyone! :seeya

Thanks,
David & Nicolette :blur:

#31 ·
The SSR from Vancouver Island has arrived at the PCBC. We left home in an SSR looking like a polished diamond, but arrived in Penticton looking like a drowned mud streaked rat! [emoji24]

We awoke to rain in Hope this morning that continued until we arrived in Penticton.

Note to Ray: we ran into your co-chair Donna (Aqua GTO) at Timmie's in Hope this morning. She suggested we avoid the Coquihalla as there had been 2" of snow overnight. And so, we chose the alternate route of Highway #3 through Manning Park, through the rain, with my wife Sylvia driving ... yeegads!

We also just met Paul & Darlene from Edmonton as they were uploading their SSR in front of the Lakeside Resort. Their black SSR unfortunately looked like ours ... mud streaked black!

See you at Zia's

#32 ·
I just wanted to extend a special thank you to @Flassh for another great year. Ray puts on an awesome car show for thousands of people and then hosts several special SSR-Only events just for us at the same time. Wonderful time had by all!

For those asking for pictures, I have a few attached below. The first is what the park looked like this morning from my hotel room. The second is of some of the group and the last is during a stop on our spirited winding road back-country run.

Attachments

#33 ·
Looks like they have added a class for Semi tractors since the last time I was there. If that keep growing will there be less room for the cars?
Looks like a great show, and weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.