Price Posting Notice - Chevy SSR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BUFFY = Big Ugly Fat Friendly Yankee - 2004 Vin# 8120
Send a message via AIM to Buffy
Price Posting Notice

As moderators, Marc NY and I have received comments from members about how a lot of recent postings have been describing how low prices are now, and a few have felt that this brings up "buyers remorse" months, or sometime years, after their purchase. Although we ALL want to share how great of a steal or deal they we just got, please do so in the SSR for Sale section. For those who are interested in these postings can go there to view them.

For most of us, we want to share in the great joys of ownership and the great friendships we have developed on here... not really interested if you happened to get a great buy by hundreds or thousands of dollars than "we" did.

Please lets enjoy the positive experiences and not dwell on "LOOK AT THE GREAT DEAL I JUST GOT!"

If we find a posting elsewhere dealing with prices of an SSR buying or selling it will be respectfully moved into the SSR for Sale thread.

Comments anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:38 AM

My SSR:
2003 Black SSR
Yes, thank you, I have a comment. Buyers remorse, How could I, I paid $5,000 over sticker to get my baby! And I have gotten about $65,ooo worth of entertainment here! Value is "perception".
Ken
ps How could anybody put a price on getting to know Miss Daisy!
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Jeff & Terri
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
Yellow 2190 Born on 12/01/2003 with XM Direct radio, custom striping, WindsuppreSSR,
How can you put a price on all the fun we are having with them, and all the new friends we have made from this site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 CTS-V Wagon, 18 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Ken and Jeff,

I couldn't agree more. I too have received $100K in "Fun Factor" since I've owned mine. No regrets here!

But I have seen some posting that feel they were "suckers" for buying early when the demand was high, but believe me, I truly feel this stems from pure JEALOUSY from friends and co-workers. Everytime someone comes up and asks you about the "cool truck", that proves the demand is there. Bet that doesn't happen to a Lexus owner!

Drive safe
Drive with a smile (That'll show 'em!)
Drive a LOT!

Happy Motoring!
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Jeff & Terri

My SSR:
Yellow 2190 Born on 12/01/2003 with XM Direct radio, custom striping, WindsuppreSSR,
Could not have said it better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 CTS-V Wagon, 18 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:33 AM

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red #3703
value is all in the mind

every time i go somewhere in my ssr, heads turn and i constantly get compliments and inquiries about the vehicle. i have never had so many women flirt with or initiate conversation with me in my whole life. as far as i am concerned, it gets even more attention than a new corvette. it is worth every penny i paid and i could care less what any detractors might say about it. i bought it because i don't want to drive the same old cookie cutter cracker boxes that everyone else has. vive le differance!
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:58 AM

When I log on, I go to active topics first to see what the latest dicussions are, it would be great if the we didn't have all the price theads come up on the active topics and have them only appear in the SSR s for sale , let the sellers and buyers duke it out there without disrupting the rest of the topics we all enjoy.

Anytime price is mentioned , move it to the SSRs for sale discussion
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
Talking Sharing in on all the joys of ownership...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41chevcoe
When I log on, I go to active topics first to see what the latest dicussions are,.... Anytime price is mentioned , move it to the SSRs for sale discussion
That is why Buffy and I decided to make it known to everyone especially the newbies that we all love to share in their purchases and to hear their great stories and all but please share your purchase prices/ selling prices with those that are discussing it in the For Sale thread only!

post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:29 PM

My SSR:
05 R. Silver
Price

I could care less if I paid to much, that silver SSR (Thanks, Marc I owe ya one) I picked up last week beats all of my previous cars(camaros,corvettes)trucks(silverado). Keep the prices in the for sale section
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
electra, just wait!

Your fun is just beginning! Wait until you drive it through a summer. You will love it even more!
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:42 PM

My SSR:
05 R. Silver
price

Thanks Buffy! I had quit a ride when I picked it up in St. Cloud Minnesota to
Fargo ND, blizzard conditions all the way ! Had to use the traction control otherwise I would have been in the ditch. I was used to driving my Silverado SS(my trade-in)AWD, 200 miles of ice. We are tough up here in North Dakota, ya you are right Buffy summer should be
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:21 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow, #1849, Build Date: 11-21-03, Delivered 12/12/03
Great idea, Buffy

I agree with you 100%. I paid over sticker for mine and don't regret a penny of it. I've had mine for 15 months of pure driving joy and I still get a kick every time I get in and go for a ride. I would have loved to have paid $10,000 less but I would not take $20,000 for the fun and attention I've had over the last 15 months. I really feel sorry for the guy's sitting on the fence and missing the enjoyment of owning and driving an SSR. Enought said. "KEEP IT POSITIVE AND FUN!"

lloger
Slingshot Yellow

Pearl Red Ghost Flames
Color Matched Running Boards
Color Matched Engine Cover W/ Ghost Flames
Lowered by Hotchkis Performance
Hotchkis Performance Sway Bars
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:27 PM

My SSR:
2003 Black SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
As moderators, Marc NY and I have received comments from members about how a lot of recent postings have been describing how low prices are now, and a few have felt that this brings up "buyers remorse" months, or sometime years, after their purchase. Although we ALL want to share how great of a steal or deal they we just got, please do so in the SSR for Sale section. For those who are interested in these postings can go there to view them.

For most of us, we want to share in the great joys of ownership and the great friendships we have developed on here... not really interested if you happened to get a great buy by hundreds or thousands of dollars than "we" did.

Please lets enjoy the positive experiences and not dwell on "LOOK AT THE GREAT DEAL I JUST GOT!"

If we find a posting elsewhere dealing with prices of an SSR buying or selling it will be respectfully moved into the SSR for Sale thread
Comments anyone?

When John mentioned "buyers remorse" It reminded me when I had it. This is the window sticker out of my SLR Mclaren. There were only nine of them when I bought mine so I paid $100,000 over sticker and $43,000 in tax. So how do you get over buyers remorse you get in it and nail it!!!!!
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:32 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Mitsubishi Sunset Orange - 2003 VIN# 3053 - Custom Paint by John Hardin
Quote:
Originally Posted by comley
i have never had so many women flirt with or initiate conversation with me in my whole life. !
You go James !!

Houtex
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 02:31 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 smokin asphalt #5583, xm radio, Corsa exhaust, chrom hood emblem chrome chevron bar custom 2 tone
Talking houtex

gmpartsguy here my chevy club is having our meeting this month at traders village swap meet tonight around 7. come on out if you can. we have 2 SSRs in the club 1 03 redline red and my smokin asphalt 04.
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 02:53 PM

Who cares about the price.
I bought my car to have fun - not to have a great investment
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 10:40 PM

My SSR:
Smokin Asphalt #13535
Prices

I have to apologize for posting earlier on the general topic -I did end up digressing into the price. Marc moved it. I can say that without this forum and pricing discussions I probably never even would have purchased - Frank discussion about supply/demand and pricing can gave me the confidence to know where I needed to be on the sale. I know there's some good dealers /salespeople out there - but a lot of Dealers were totally sleezy when I was tryin to buy local this week. You would not believe the stories.

THANKS! Great forum!
Steve
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm not cool...

My SSR:
...but my truck is
my lips are zipped

I've been waiting 2yrs for my ssR. I had too. I needed to pay off the family van and wait for one of my friends to find a deal I could afford. 2yrs! TWO YEARS!
but worth the wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bird horse n stuff 009.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2248  
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 07:04 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Mitsubishi Sunset Orange - 2003 VIN# 3053 - Custom Paint by John Hardin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpartsguy
gmpartsguy here my chevy club is having our meeting this month at traders village swap meet tonight around 7. come on out if you can. we have 2 SSRs in the club 1 03 redline red and my smokin asphalt 04.
Didn't get home until after 6:00 PM tonight. Didn't check mail until 8:00 PM Spent the morning in a golf tournament and the whole afternoon with my bride tooling all over the place with the top down. Wound up driving through Brazos Bend State Park. Beautiful day. Sorry to miss it. Give me some advance notice and I'll try my best to make the next one.

Houtex
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepowell
I've been waiting 2yrs for my ssR. I had too. I needed to pay off the family van and wait for one of my friends to find a deal I could afford. 2yrs! TWO YEARS!
but worth the wait.

To the SSR Owners Club! We hope that you will be able to share many great new stories with your SSR this coming summer...

BTW: by the looks of the snow you have there you must have the same weather we are having here in WNY. Opps I think the snow we are having right now might be a little worse!

PS from this to this... cruel mother nature!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beach 05.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	2253   Click image for larger version

Name:	April Snow.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	2255  

post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 05:35 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Black 03, Vin#0168, License Plate-"DRMRIDE". Florida "Snowbird"
O' Marc, Man I feel for you. Just saw on the news about the snow. They said 11 inches in Erie, PA. I know that's you too.
Don't mean to rib it in, but got the SSR out of storage today. Had the top down for a few miles. A little cool here in Michigan yet, 55 degrees today.
Where was that vacation picture taken. Looked like my kind of weather.

Scott 0168
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !

My SSR:
04 Smokin' Asphalt , # 9445
Pictures

Hey Marc,

Why don't I see your Silver Love in the first picture ?

I can't believe you would go somewhere warm and not take her

I think this should become OUR annual meeting place
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Administrator

My SSR:
Garage
Thumbs up Fun in the SUN!

I made a new OFF TOPIC thread....

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Chevygirl

Amen To That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comley
every time i go somewhere in my ssr, heads turn and i constantly get compliments and inquiries about the vehicle.... as far as i am concerned, it gets even more attention than a new corvette. it is worth every penny i paid and i could care less what any detractors might say about it. i bought it because i don't want to drive the same old cookie cutter cracker boxes that everyone else has. vive le differance!

Not your average boxy Volvo now is it!!!!

Cheers!

post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 08:57 AM

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red #3703
Unhappy Volvo

Don't even get me started on Volvos I took my boat out to the lake for the first time this weekend. It has a Volvo Penta engine. First it blew a freeze plug and then the throttle/ shifter came loose and I didn't have tools to reassemble on the boat so I paddled for about an hour before someone came by and gave me a tow. Hopefully I have fixed all the problems now. The boat is a 2004 model and needless to say, I am not very happy with Volvo products right now. Ooooooh, my achin' back.
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Chevygirl

Red face Oops!

Sorry comley - didn't mean to hit a sore spot!

If I was on the lake - I would have stopped to help. I've been in your shoes, when I finally received help it - it was like something out of Deliverence - scary!

post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:20 AM
West Coast Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004 Redline-#11446-1 of 43 Calif. Speedway Parade Lap Trucks 9/05/04 (#48 Jimmie Johnson)
Send a message via MSN to crazyrtr53 Send a message via Yahoo to crazyrtr53
Thumbs down Price Does'nt Matter!

In the last few months I have organized some pretty nice rides with large turn outs of SSR owners. Working on July 2nd Irwindale Speedway have 43 SSR's coming. Just want to say it does'nt matter who paid what its the chance to meet all the fantastic fanatic owners of these trucks. ITS PRICELESS!!!!!!! It's up!!

" Life is a highway... I wanta ride it allllll night long "...
" If your goin my way...I wanta drive it allll night long "...

#48Team Lowes

post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 09:32 AM

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red #3703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevygirl
Sorry comley - didn't mean to hit a sore spot!

If I was on the lake - I would have stopped to help. I've been in your shoes, when I finally received help it - it was like something out of Deliverence - scary!

thanks, i feel much better now that i got it running and went waterskiing this past weekend. i just hate to make payments on something that doesn't work.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 AM

My SSR:
'04 UV #8195,chrome wheels,magnaflow,windsuppressr
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrtr53
In the last few months I have organized some pretty nice rides with large turn outs of SSR owners. Working on July 2nd Irwindale Speedway have 43 SSR's coming. Just want to say it does'nt matter who paid what its the chance to meet all the fantastic fanatic owners of these trucks. ITS PRICELESS!!!!!!! It's up!!
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:26 PM

My SSR:
05 Blurrr
I know that I have talked with dozens of people, who said that they just could Not Afford a SSR, but really wanted one. This is the only reason, I have ever tried to enlighted people to the fact that there are "Real" deals out there. Both my local dealerships wanted $40,000+ for an 05 without chrome wheels and $42,000+ with chrome wheels, that is when I began to look at ebay. I would like to see as many people in SSR's as possible and get away from some of the phony deals GM is putting out. There still is a glut of 05's and new 04's sitting at dealerships. One dealer in New York has had one sitting on the showroom floor since December of 04. I just don't think that it is fair for people to pay any more than they have to pay. The more SSR'S the Merrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Off Topic Section > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in