Price Posting Notice - Page 2 - Chevy SSR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:10 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Concept Truck, powered by Heavy Duty rubberbands, and a really BIG WINDUP KEY!
I am always glad to heart someone got a good deal on their SSR, however, just because we may have paid a different price, it doesn't count for the true driving pleasure we get from it. I loved it when I saw it a year ago at The State Fair of Texas. I loved it when I found it at the dealership, i loved knowing I could fit in it with as tall and as big as I am. I loved the fact that I found one, (now get this), at the price I was willing to live with. I loved the bargain I got. I love the looks I recieve when I drive it. I loved the road trip from Dallas to Lansing, Mi. to Warren, and back again. I love the leg room. I love the look on peoples faces. I cannot wait to get it out of the paint booth, and start seeing those faces again.

I think to just sum it up, (In words I think the nay-sayers might understand), I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:33 AM

My SSR:
05 Blurrr
I went to your photos and thought you might enjoy this one, that I took at the Hot Rod Super Nationals this summer. P.S. As a Veteran, I love your theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focks
I am always glad to heart someone got a good deal on their SSR, however, just because we may have paid a different price, it doesn't count for the true driving pleasure we get from it. I loved it when I saw it a year ago at The State Fair of Texas. I loved it when I found it at the dealership, i loved knowing I could fit in it with as tall and as big as I am. I loved the fact that I found one, (now get this), at the price I was willing to live with. I loved the bargain I got. I love the looks I recieve when I drive it. I loved the road trip from Dallas to Lansing, Mi. to Warren, and back again. I love the leg room. I love the look on peoples faces. I cannot wait to get it out of the paint booth, and start seeing those faces again.

I thihnk to just sum it up, (In words I think the nay-sayers might understand), I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!1
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:37 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 Concept Truck, powered by Heavy Duty rubberbands, and a really BIG WINDUP KEY!
Thank you, and thank you.. Going over there in about an hour to get some more shots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:02 PM

Thanks for letting us know where to post info about pricing. I was wondering if it might be making others feel they paid too much to hear about the great deals happening now. I have to say though, those deals are in large part because of this forum. I haven't been waiting to grab a great deal, I wasn't even aware of the SSR's until I saw one on the road two weeks ago. I'm jealous of all of you who actually have your SSR already, and grateful for the guidance in negotiating a good price.
SSR Cool
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 07:02 PM

My SSR:
Black 05 purchased Saturday february 11, 2006
Yup, I agree.
It doesnt matter what you paid, all of us bought this vehicle with the understanding that its not going to be a hot seller. We are not your Saturn buyer.
So it doesnt matter if you paid more or less it all depends..... if you think you got a good deal, then you did.
Price is not the issue here or should I say it shouldnt be
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 07:30 PM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
2003 Redline Red #0733 Born on 10/20/2003 Arrived home 11/26/2003
Thumbs up

Driving my SSR back in 03 to now and beyound, You can not put a price on it
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:39 PM

My SSR:
05 Asphalt Black #14224 born on 8/25/2004
Send a message via MSN to MinnesotasSSR Send a message via Yahoo to MinnesotasSSR
Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepalm
Who cares about the price.
I bought my car to have fun - not to have a great investment
Ive got a 99 C5 ragtop that Ive owned for 4 yrs before that I had a 89 ragtop and Ive gotten more looks and compliments in the short time Ive had my SSR than with both of my Vettes. I love this truck its just SOOOOO much FUNNNN to drive.
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:52 PM

My SSR:
"BETSY BLUE" (AQUA BLUR) 2005 VIN #16907
One large container of sunscreen: $8.95 One great set of fuzzy dice: $4.95 One beautiful SSR: $$$$priceless. Who cares what ya paid for it, ENJOY!!!
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 PM

My SSR:
Black, '03, 1sb, #1256 and '05
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo
One large container of sunscreen: $8.95 One great set of fuzzy dice: $4.95 One beautiful SSR: $$$$priceless. Who cares what ya paid for it, ENJOY!!!

You can write your own M/C commercial (sort of)
http://www.priceless.com/promo/exclusives.html

Fill in the blanks on one of these 2 commercials and you could win....the prize is that your commercial gets aired
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 Racy Aqua Blur 6spd Chromed/SS front Tuned/ported by Jeremy
A thousand thanks for having the SSR Forum at the bottom of the Corvette Forum, I got curious at what had the SS label on it and thru this forum I studied the posts and was able to make a great deal on my 06 Aqua Blur and have been blown away at the FUN I have had with this droptop. I really dont care about "getting the deal of the year", I've grown out of that kind of thinking and realize life is more than MONEY. My heirs may not like that statement but I spend as much as needed when I WANT something. I WANTED the SSR and finding what I wanted was hard enough!! Also....its much easier to be critical than to be correct.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 09:41 AM

"Deal or no deal" who cares, the fact is we have our SSR's. I can't speak for anyone else and would never do so, but the price you paid for your SSR will never matter, what matters is how much you enjoy the truck. I enjoy mine everyday whether I am driving it or if I open the garage door and see it. It sits next to my 1999 purple Plymouth Prowler and my garage is eye candy for Kathy and I, and everyone in the neighborhood who enjoy fine automobiles. Miles of Smiles!!!!
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM

My SSR:
2003, Black
I agree, I traded of my 2000 Corvette for my SSR and I am glad I did. I enjoy the SSR more than I ever did my vette. People are always waving and giving me a thumbs up which I almost never got in the vette.
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

priceing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrtr53 View Post
In the last few months I have organized some pretty nice rides with large turn outs of SSR owners. Working on July 2nd Irwindale Speedway have 43 SSR's coming. Just want to say it does'nt matter who paid what its the chance to meet all the fantastic fanatic owners of these trucks. ITS PRICELESS!!!!!!! It's up!!
Yep Price does not matter, just the fun
So lets all have fun, & the Hell with the price's, & who paid what!!!
Raider Keith;says My SSR is better then yours! ha ha ha !
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 10:34 AM

My SSR:
2004 Custom Two Tone
What a surprize to see these old Threads coming back to life again.

post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:13 PM

My SSR:
06 Slingshot 6 Speed #22762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
As moderators, Marc NY and I have received comments from members about how a lot of recent postings have been describing how low prices are now, and a few have felt that this brings up "buyers remorse" months, or sometime years, after their purchase. Although we ALL want to share how great of a steal or deal they we just got, please do so in the SSR for Sale section. For those who are interested in these postings can go there to view them.

For most of us, we want to share in the great joys of ownership and the great friendships we have developed on here... not really interested if you happened to get a great buy by hundreds or thousands of dollars than "we" did.

Please lets enjoy the positive experiences and not dwell on "LOOK AT THE GREAT DEAL I JUST GOT!"

If we find a posting elsewhere dealing with prices of an SSR buying or selling it will be respectfully moved into the SSR for Sale thread.

Comments anyone?
I agree 100%! If you enjoy your SSR. how can you dwell on what you paid for it? Bottom line is we've all overpaid for a 2 seated pickup that you can't/wouldn't haul bricks & 2x4's in. I bought the truck for the style, and the potential camraderie it can bring. Fact is, for the price, we all could have bought nice Corvettes, but obviously that's not what we wanted. So let's quit worrying about present/future value, and just enjoy our SSR's and one another!
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Slingshot Rules!

My SSR:
Slingshot Yellow VIN 20778 Born 05 May 2005 (05/05/05)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DOOPHUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreechssr View Post
I agree 100%! If you enjoy your SSR. how can you dwell on what you paid for it? Bottom line is we've all overpaid for a 2 seated pickup that you can't/wouldn't haul bricks & 2x4's in. I bought the truck for the style, and the potential camraderie it can bring. Fact is, for the price, we all could have bought nice Corvettes, but obviously that's not what we wanted. So let's quit worrying about present/future value, and just enjoy our SSR's and one another!
Beautifully stated, Rcreechssr . . .

! ! ! ! ! !
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Redline Supercharged 06 Pacific Blue/SmokinAsphalt 05 Redline 6-speed 06 Pacific Blue FPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOPHUS View Post
Beautifully stated, Rcreechssr . . .

! ! ! ! ! !
OMG I totally agree with DOOPHUS........is the world coming to an end

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONE BAD DOX DACHSHUND OWNER or is it the other way around??????
"Laugh when you can, say sorry when you should, and let go of what you can't change."
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Slingshot Rules!

My SSR:
Slingshot Yellow VIN 20778 Born 05 May 2005 (05/05/05)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DOOPHUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeff View Post
OMG I totally agree with DOOPHUS........is the world coming to an end
S C A R Y !
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 07:18 AM

My SSR:
06 Slingshot 6 Speed #22762
Smile Baad!

You TWO are SOOOO Bad! Thanks for concurring. !
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
SSR Club Scribe

My SSR:
YESSSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
Where the heck have you been???? Did someone upset you???? Extended vacation???? Moved?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrden View Post
Where the heck have you been???? Did someone upset you???? Extended vacation???? Moved?????
Digging in the archives again?

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 PM

My SSR:
05 slingshot; 6 spd, adopted 10/31/09. Previous rides: C-3, C-2, C-4, C-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Somebody's gotta do it
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:48 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Automatic Redline
I love my SSR. I love the deal I got on my SSR. I love all of the people I have met because of my SSR. If somebody gets a better deal, more power to 'em, hope they love it all too!!!

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 PM

My SSR:
05 slingshot; 6 spd, adopted 10/31/09. Previous rides: C-3, C-2, C-4, C-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftybeth View Post
I love my SSR. I love the deal I got on my SSR. I love all of the people I have met because of my SSR. If somebody gets a better deal, more power to 'em, hope they love it all too!!!
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:57 PM

My SSR:
2004 Custom Two Tone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Must be his med.

post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
SSR Pit Crew

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftybeth View Post
I could not have said it better !
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Chevrolet Nut

My SSR:
Ultra Violet 2004,Vin# 03550 slight modifications to the exhaust, detailed and painted engine cover
Garage
Thumbs up priceless

I would like to put my 2cents worth in. We payed list for our truck in 2004 when most of the dealers were marking them up as much as $5000. I have no regrets for what I payed. This his truck is a blast to drive. We have meet the greatest people through this forum. I wouldn't trade our truck for any amount of money. I feel sad for anybody with buyers remorse.

5 OTHER BOW TIES
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Carolina Fanatic

My SSR:
2004 Silver
Getting a steal or paying market doesn't really matter nor did it matter when you signed the sales contract.. you finally got the "R" you have wanted for a long time.
Along with that came multiples of friends you probably never would have met without that "R". You will have a lifetime of good memories long after your kids take that driver's license away..
So truth be known the price really did not make the deal work it was those sexy curvy fenders and that big ole permagrin that bought that "R" not that price.

Happy Cruisin my friends.. still so very privileged to be one of the Fanatics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Off Topic Section > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in