• 3 Post By LITEMUP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Had a daily driver 2004, Stock-as-a-rock, searching Florida for a replacement
T-Bucket

I have a bad itch to get a T-bucket. Aside from the obvious safety issues, weather issues, etc. (like a motorcycle with 4 wheels), any opinions? Any Fanatics out there that own or have owned one? Now I'm in Florida and have more weather days to drive one.

SSR's and mid-V8 Corvairs. >>
I guess I've never driven a "normal" car.!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 05:35 AM

My SSR:
2004 SSR owner
Since you don't like normal cars a t bucket would fit the bill LOL

I remember the first time I drove one, what a handful! And talk about feeling exposed! But I still love them!
SilverMo04 likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
I've seen some really great deals on a few lately, you don't get much except all the free labor that built it! and after building and help building a few cars in the past I know what it takes. I'd love to have a rod with a complete body (roof? keep the rain out?) but as soon as you get to them the price goes up exponentially!! And there is still nothing there! Thanks Eric, on a quest. Any other opinions out there are appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:49 AM

My SSR:
2004 in Black and now 2005 in Black, what a pair
I had a friend who had one and I thought I wanted it. I went and drove it and that ended me wanting one. The seat and steering wheel position were not comfortable to drive any distance. It is sort of like a motorcycle feel of being exposed but with terrible handling manors. The one I drove had big pro street tires on the back and small skinny tires on the front so it had no handling at all. Point it, hit the gas hold on, slow way down to make turns and always be in fear if someone is not paying attention around you. My best advice is find one close by and go test drive it. If you can last more than 20 minutes of a test drive you might be the perfect candidate for it.
yellow bear and SilverMo04 like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:06 AM

They are a blast to drive and Very easy to work on...BUT... make sure you take a ride at highway speeds "I" beam front axles can be freaky. Make sure its set up right and DON"T assume you can fix a problem with the front end easily.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 01:20 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
Lonnie lights #43,confidence by simple Engineering
Send a message via Yahoo to abadssr
When young I traveled from Stockton to la in one loved it sure wished I could fit comfortably in one now because it would be in my garage

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 06:10 PM
I DO WINDOWS

My SSR:
2003 #2393 black SB1 some-stuff-added
I had one, 283 auto. I put a track nose on it with engine side panels. The top of the engine hood panel I molded a Trans Am shaker on it then, cut the top of it out for tri-power carbs (three louvered chrome cups). Engine side panels had the Dart hood scoops, one each side mounted backward's to let heat out. The rear end was mounted to frame with 4 Coilover bike shocks. Run the driveshaft thu a length of 10" steel pipe of which half of it was above the 3/4 plywood floor. Then just a couple cushions for seats. Run spokes on the front 10' aluminum slots on back. It was a tight fit for me for sure.
James Dean, poppa and yellow bear like this.

REBEL with a CAUSE and a LOADED AIRBRUSH!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:54 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
05 blur with chameleon ghost flames and Magna charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMo04 View Post
I have a bad itch to get a T-bucket. Aside from the obvious safety issues, weather issues, etc. (like a motorcycle with 4 wheels), any opinions? Any Fanatics out there that own or have owned one? Now I'm in Florida and have more weather days to drive one.
Hi there. I was searching the site and I came across your post about T-Buckets. I donít know how I missed it. I have one I finished a couple of years ago. I drive it all the time except of course if it looks like rain. I live in Orlando. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat or get together. Here are a couple of pics. Cleve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2929FCA9-C869-4B3F-9DAA-6C624EC8E94F.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	541739   Click image for larger version

Name:	AE30D68C-5BD4-4CAD-A6A1-1304A54629D9.jpg
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	541741   Click image for larger version

Name:	981DA60E-D368-417E-8223-7DE009C85934.jpg
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	541743  

LITEMUP
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
WOW! Neat T LITE !! part of the problem NOW is I've spent most (all?) of my hot-rod money on fixing/updating stuff at my new home here in Florida. Just like the Oldsmobile expression, "not your father's Oldsmobile". Either I bought (likely) the wrong house, or? As a former Midwesterner, I've never seen so shoddy crap construction, materials, etc.. I hope the rest of things in Florida aren't built this way. (sorry for the negative..new-resident opinion) Other than tha,t love it, the weather makes up for it! LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Off Topic Section > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in