Account Issues ..... - Page 2 - Chevy SSR Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
Empty Garage - Previous 03 04 05 owner - on hunt for next one ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Did you have information on Lee's last question? "while i'm asking our dev that, have you asked cox why one email went through while the other didn't? its the email provider right? "

- JB
As i have said before, pretty sure not your end but still working the problem so I cannot say exactly where or what problem is......

One good thing, I do get daily phone call support from Cox, just no good news yet. It took a few weeks to get the header so with my luck it will probably take a few more weeks for them to do whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 11:03 AM
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
Sorry Drangon2U, I am not one of the site's Owner Administrators. I handle only on our own website and I don't have IT knowledge nor access to this information.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
ADMINS - I submitted this message last week but no replies, so I will bump it up and try again today.

So, I've provided all I can to my email provider and they continually state they see nothing hitting the server and being bounced. In the last PM to me from an admin here there was a script that was sent in addition to the header. I left for vacation last week after sending the header to Cox but did not get a chance to review the script very well until I returned late last week. It seems with the recent move to Amazon, or maybe some other recent time, that you are now using Mailgun software to send emails from your services to reduce sending of SPAM and control things a little more. I say recent because I do not see mention of the mailgun software in the headers of emails from months ago that had no problem, but who knows. Admins here have stated to me in the past that all they see is that my email address is marked as SPAM and there is nothing they can do..........

I do not think this is entirely true. I have gone over the script that was sent as well as the Mailgun software user guide documentation and there is something you can do, a really major point that has never been mentioned before. In the mailgun documentation it states that if an email is refused at the delivered address and is marked as SPAM one time, it collects that email address and does not send again. This prevents your VS servers from continuing to send emails to people that do not want them and stops the VS servers from being blacklisted, which has happened on many many occasions over the years. Plenty of discussion about that on the web over the years.

Even if Cox corrects something on their end, if the mailgun program sees my email address as a problem it will not send it after the vbulletin program generates it. Is this not true? How do I know if or when Cox fixes this problem (if it is their problem) that it actually works on my end if the mailgun program will continually block it? How do I know that messages are actually being processed to my email address on a daily basis so they can see it? This would also validate the reason that Cox cannot see any messages coming to their server, and why I can use a different email address and it works correctly. And maybe, just maybe, this was the problem all along for the last 2 months ........ hmmmmmm

So my question is, has anyone gone through the list of restricted emails in the mailgun databases (Unsubscribes, Bounces, and Spam} to see if my address is in there and remove it from said databases? If the vbulletin software is sending out the email but when it hits the mailgun program it gets blocked or refused due to some previous hiccup, will it not cause the issue I am currently having? In the script that was sent, it looks like this is the case, mailgun is restricting the forwarding of it due to being "marked as spam" and I am on some restricted list.

The reason I question all this is that below are snippets of the mailgun script that was sent to me last week. And in reading the mailgun manual, these messages pertain EXACTLY to a PERMANENTLY FAILED account, not temporary, not bounced, not received, not soft delayed or otherwise. In other words, the email address has been identified as a user who is refused a message so the system will not allow future emails out. Of course this is in error, I would like to see messages ....... so please review and remove my email address from the mailgun restricted database.

........ "severity": "permanent" - Permanent Suppression from mailgun, I will not get emails

....... "code": 607, "description": "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam" - Reason for permanent suppression noted above, user marked a message or messages as spam so mailgun program will not forward

....... "reason": "suppress-complaint" - Reason mailgun will not deliver my email is to stop complaint.

The script from Mailgun that was supplied by the admins clearly states why I have not received notification emails for the last 2 months....... Actually, the image posted by admins here in post 14 on 8-31 also validates this as being the issue now that I can see and understand the inner workings of the programming by reading the docs. The statement "not delivering to a user" is the key, it is not even attempting to send out at the Mailgun point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Will get this escalated to the techs.
We'll see if they can get this resolved on our end.

Ed
nj6969 likes this.
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Will get this escalated to the techs.
We'll see if they can get this resolved on our end.

Ed
Any updates on this? It's been 2 months since the initial problem and a full week since I evaluated the server data and provided you with the solution to the problem and still nothing has moved forward.

Here is some more info you can send to the techs. Maybe if someone that has access to the Mailgun interface can take 30 seconds to run the below scripts (with the proper domain and email address) to remove my address from the restricted lists and we can be done with this mess.

To release a single email from an unsubscribe list -
Code:
DELETE /"domain"/unsubscribes/"address"
Delete a single complaint for reported SPAM
Code:
DELETE /"domain"/complaints/"address"
Delete a single complaint
Code:
nj6969 likes this.
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:49 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2U View Post
Any updates on this? It's been 2 months since the initial problem and a full week since I evaluated the server data and provided you with the solution to the problem and still nothing has moved forward.

Here is some more info you can send to the techs. Maybe if someone that has access to the Mailgun interface can take 30 seconds to run the below scripts (with the proper domain and email address) to remove my address from the restricted lists and we can be done with this mess.

Code:
Code:
Code:
Feeling your pain, Wish I could help!

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Feeling your pain, Wish I could help!
Appreciate the thought........ Not much more I can do after finding the problem for them and then showing them how to fix it. So sad.

If Autoguide needs a part time remote tech to help with issues like this I am available so that others don't have to put up with this same problem....... well, on second thought, I can't offer that until after I get this fixed so I can get emails again
DOOPHUS and nj6969 like this.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:17 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 4spd, #19282, Addco Sways, WindSuppressr, 4.56 club and more Mike parts than I can count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2U View Post
Appreciate the thought........ Not much more I can do after finding the problem for them and then showing them how to fix it. So sad.

If Autoguide needs a part time remote tech to help with issues like this I am available so that others don't have to put up with this same problem....... well, on second thought, I can't offer that until after I get this fixed so I can get emails again
Man, Job had less patience than you Mike.

@Administrator - give him remote db access so he can run the scripts! Yeah, right.....
nj6969 likes this.

Doug

I'm not too quick......but my truck is
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerRed View Post
Man, Job had less patience than you Mike.

@Administrator - give him remote db access so he can run the scripts! Yeah, right.....
Nope.

We have a process and despite the outside diagnosis of this it will still go through our team here.

-Philip
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Nope.

We have a process and despite the outside diagnosis of this it will still go through our team here.

-Philip
I was just kidding about access (not really), but the problem is now in it's third month. I spent a few minutes reading the software manual for you, diagnosed the problem, provided the step by step solution, and for 2 weeks still nothing. For such a simple task that has been ongoing for months I would think the priority would be higher.

Since there are no longer trouble ticket numbers, how do I know anyone is looking at this issue other than periodic posts by multiple people?

Has the problem and solution been forwarded to the techs yet?
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 04:56 PM

My SSR:
Red 2005 with 1SB package, chrome wheels, gauge pkg and carpeted bed.
Well, in the great scheme of things we are all equal. But on the Fanatic Forum, in my opinion, some are more equal than others. Dragnon2U has been a member for 13 years and has helped many of us out in our time of need (just look at his post count).

At the Savannah rally a few years back he repaired by fuse block in the parking lot and wouldn't accept a dime (I'm pretty cheap, maybe I should have offered more!).

The point being that this matter should be given some priority and his issue should be mitigated as soon as possible, not as soon as when you feel you want to get around to it.

BRG Tim
DOOPHUS likes this.
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG Tim View Post
Well, in the great scheme of things we are all equal. But on the Fanatic Forum, in my opinion, some are more equal than others. Dragnon2U has been a member for 13 years and has helped many of us out in our time of need (just look at his post count).

At the Savannah rally a few years back he repaired by fuse block in the parking lot and wouldn't accept a dime (I'm pretty cheap, maybe I should have offered more!).

The point being that this matter should be given some priority and his issue should be mitigated as soon as possible, not as soon as when you feel you want to get around to it.

BRG Tim
Thanks for the note Tim.

I see the Admins have logged in, looked around and left again with no updates or notes on this 2+ month (since Aug 1) support issue.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Administrator

There is no update on the issue yet, so this is why no response was provided yet.

We're still looking into the issue.
- JB
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 03:54 PM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Quote:
There is no update on the issue yet, so this is why no response was provided yet.

- JB

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:

- JB

HUH? Looking into what? You mean that after I read the manual, verified the problem with the data you provided, and relayed the solution in nearly a copy paste format, it is taking longer than 3 weeks for someone to spend the 30 seconds to remove my address from the 3 databases?

How to remove email address from the Mailgun restricted lists.....
Here, let me provide you the direct link -
http://documentation.mailgun.com/en/...te%20complaint

The code that was sent to me that proves the Mailgun software is PERMANENT blocking my address! How does this take 3 months to solve or 3 weeks after I point it out after getting the data, reading manual AND providing the step by step solution?

"severity": "permanent",
"tags": [],
"storage": {
"url": "https://se.api.mailgun.net/v3/domains/mg.vscope.cloud/messages/eyJwIjpmYWxzZSwiayI6ImE3Mzg5OGIyLTMxZDAtNDRhNi05NDdjLTNkMTJkODc5N2ExZCIsInMiOiIwZmY1NmQ1MGJiIiwiYyI6InRhbmtiIn0=",
"key": "eyJwIjpmYWxzZSwiayI6ImE3Mzg5OGIyLTMxZDAtNDRhNi05NDdjLTNkMTJkODc5N2ExZCIsInMiOiIwZmY1NmQ1MGJiIiwiYyI6InRhbmtiIn0="
},
"delivery-status": {
"attempt-no": 1,
"message": "",
"code": 607,
"description": "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam",

"session-seconds": 0
},
"recipient-domain": "cox.net",
"id": "TIVYCMoXRrWEMxfBsQdRtA",
"campaigns": [],
"reason": "suppress-complaint",
"user-variables": {},
"flags": {
"is-routed": false,
"is-authenticated": true,
"is-system-test": false,
"is-test-mode": false
},
"log-level": "error",
"timestamp": 1536945570.066494,
"envelope": {
"sender": "[email protected]",
"transport": "smtp",
"targets": "[email protected]"
},
"message": {
"headers": {
"to": "[email protected]",
"message-id": "[email protected]",
"from": "\"Chevy SSR Forum\" ",
"subject": "Reply to thread 'HVAC Blend Door Calibration'"
},
"attachments": [],
"size": 2305
},
"recipient": "[email protected]",
"event": "failed"
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 02:43 PM
Administrator

The issue is not handled by us directly, and as Philip noted, will be run through the proper team with their process. We apologise for the delay.

- JB
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
The issue is not handled by us directly, and as Philip noted, will be run through the proper team with their process. We apologise for the delay.

- JB

It's quite obvious there is no process. You state "will be", makes me wonder if the "team" is actually working on or aware of problem. Can't be working it, if they were it would be fixed by now, or 30 seconds later after they type in 3 lines of code. There used to be a process and more control. Assigned a trouble ticket number, could track it and know when, where, who and status.

I often wonder what the "team" was told. Do they think they have an email problem they need to troubleshoot or have they read this thread and understand that I have troubleshot it for them and provided links and steps for solution?

Going on 75 days now..... lack of information, misinformation, no progress, no status, no etoc, no escalation, nobody assigned to task just whomever has a minute every week or so, etc.
Hell of a way to threat customers.

Just sad to see members of this forum not treated as well as other forums that Autoguide and Vertical Scope manage. Guess the low population, visitation and low advertising here has some negative influence. Some forums get dedicated Admins, visits a day after or quicker after submission, notifications prior to changes, etc....

Thanks for the note
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 4spd, #19282, Addco Sways, WindSuppressr, 4.56 club and more Mike parts than I can count
I do not post on social media much but these days it sure has leverage.

Applying pressure from above may be in order? @vertscope

Doug

I'm not too quick......but my truck is
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerRed View Post
I do not post on social media much but these days it sure has leverage.

Applying pressure from above may be in order? @vertscope
One step ahead, I tried that a few weeks ago, you see how well that worked........
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Issue - No email notifications from SSRfanatic.com since August 1

Corrective action needed -
How to remove email address from the Mailgun restricted lists from Miailgun support page

http://documentation.mailgun.com/en/...te%20complaint

The Problem - The code that was sent to me from SSRFanatic.com that shows the Mailgun software is PERMANENT blocking my address!

"severity": "permanent",
"tags": [],
"storage": {
"url": "https://se.api.mailgun.net/v3/domains/mg.vscope.cloud/messages/eyJwIjpmYWxzZSwiayI6ImE3Mzg5OGIyLTMxZDAtNDRhNi05NDdjLTNkMTJkODc5N2ExZCIsInMiOiIwZmY1NmQ1MGJiIiwiYyI6InRhbmtiIn0=",
"key": "eyJwIjpmYWxzZSwiayI6ImE3Mzg5OGIyLTMxZDAtNDRhNi05NDdjLTNkMTJkODc5N2ExZCIsInMiOiIwZmY1NmQ1MGJiIiwiYyI6InRhbmtiIn0="
},
"delivery-status": {
"attempt-no": 1,
"message": "",
"code": 607,
"description": "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam",
"session-seconds": 0
},
"recipient-domain": "cox.net",
"id": "TIVYCMoXRrWEMxfBsQdRtA",
"campaigns": [],
"reason": "suppress-complaint",
"user-variables": {},
"flags": {
"is-routed": false,
"is-authenticated": true,
"is-system-test": false,
"is-test-mode": false
},
"log-level": "error",
"timestamp": 1536945570.066494,
"envelope": {
"sender": "[email protected]",
"transport": "smtp",
"targets": "[email protected]"
},
"message": {
"headers": {
"to": "[email protected]",
"message-id": "[email protected]",
"from": "\"Chevy SSR Forum\" ",
"subject": "Reply to thread 'HVAC Blend Door Calibration'"
},
"attachments": [],
"size": 2305
},
"recipient": "[email protected]",
"event": "failed"
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Going on 4 months now waiting for someone to take the few seconds it takes to correct this problem.

Just amazing.......
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Very sorry that this is taking really long to be resolved.
Going to bump this issue again.

Ed
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:

Ed
First let me thank YOU for at least replying and trying to get this resolved. Is there something that we as supporting members can do to encourage action on this issue ? Dragon2U is a valued member of this forum and has never hesitated to take time to help others and deserves to be treated better! Someone PLEASE take a couple minutes to solve this issue.
Thanks
SSReplay
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Genuinely SSR Obsessed

My SSR:
2006 Black FPR #24031 BOD=3/14/2006 The Black Knight
TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Mike is a stand up, long time, loyal citizen of this Forum and all he is asking for ((for four months now)) is a helping hand.

I say nobody on this Forum deserves it more.

================
David
Account Issues  .....-images-2.jpeg
BlueStreak and SSReplay like this.

=========================================

Livin' the Dream; Thanks Chevrolet
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:

Ed
Ed (or any other admin....),
I am not sure how the problem is being described or how it is being sent to the "techs". I would ask that an Admin directly contact them by phone or email an individual you have a relation with and ask them to please visit this thread so they can see the entire background understand the problem and solution. I am not sure they are aware that I have solved the issue and just need a few seconds of their time. If the problem is listed as just a continuing email problem and they know they worked it a few months ago and "did all they can", this is not true and I need someone to understand it.

Last month I exchanged a few PMs with "Yung" who said he was the one that read most of the PMs here despite my never hearing his name in all these months .... Anyway, he said he would contact someone directly but when I asked for an update there has been no response for a few weeks.

If an admin could take ownership of this issue and offer a direct user name to PM or some other way of communication so I could get updates in a more expeditious manner instead of every few weeks it would sure help.

Better yet, just call a tech and end this silly mess.

Thanks Warrior=='06 and SSReplay for your support and kind words
Hollister SSR and SSReplay like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Site Help > SSRFanatic.com Site Help Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in