EMail notifications not being sent for PM or post replys - Chevy SSR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Administrator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
Empty Garage - Previous 03 04 05 owner - on hunt for next one ;)
EMail notifications not being sent for PM or post replys

Is anyone else having sporadic issues with this problem? Seems that the last 2 weeks has been troublesome for me. Sometimes I will get email notifications that there are postings to threads I have subscribed to and sometimes not, same with PMs. Sometimes I get email notifications someone sent something to me and sometimes not.

For example, the 4 messages from today and yesterday I had no emails alerting me that they were there. Yes, I have checked the SPAM folder on the email. I have not made changes to anything on my end.........

Anyone else having this issue?

Admins, help please!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 04:48 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2U View Post
Is anyone else having sporadic issues with this problem? Seems that the last 2 weeks has been troublesome for me. Sometimes I will get email notifications that there are postings to threads I have subscribed to and sometimes not, same with PMs. Sometimes I get email notifications someone sent something to me and sometimes not.

For example, the 4 messages from today and yesterday I had no emails alerting me that they were there. Yes, I have checked the SMAP folder on the email. I have not made changes to anything on my end.........

Anyone else having this issue?

Admins, help please!!!!!!
Mike.
I will pass this on to Administrators but I just looked at your profile and all the right boxes are checked so there should be no problem.
Check back here to see if they follow up or they may send a PM so keep your eyes open.
Dwight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Mike.
I will pass this on to Administrators but I just looked at your profile and all the right boxes are checked so there should be no problem.
Check back here to see if they follow up or they may send a PM so keep your eyes open.
Dwight
Thanks, I set to receive immediate emails to thread replies, you replied at 6:48, it is now 8:09 and no email notification .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Thanks, I set to receive immediate emails to thread replies, you replied at 6:48, it is now 8:09 and no email notification .....
I asked them to look at this thread and contact you, so keep any changes noted here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 07:35 AM
Administrator

@Dragon2U Would you have a different email I can test your account with? I had a look at your setting as well and they all look correct.

Niall
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
@Dragon2U Would you have a different email I can test your account with? I had a look at your setting as well and they all look correct.

Niall
Both above replies and PMs over the weekend failed as well. Yes, I can use another one just for testing.

Do you want me to change the email address and see what happens?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
03 Slingshot #2924
Did you try looking in some of the other folders in your email program like “spam” and “junk”?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister SSR View Post
Did you try looking in some of the other folders in your email program like “spam” and “junk”?
Yes, as I stated above, the folders are empty and do not hold the items in question. This has been ongoing for weeks now. Was intermittent and now I get no notifications at all.

@Administrator !!!!!!!
NEW Problem - My account (Dragon2U) is locked up now. I had to use this account to post a message. When I attempted to change my email address the PW somehow got screwed up. I asked for a reset, I received the first message to my email, clicked the link, but the second email that includes the temporary email does NOT get sent to the email address.

This temporary user name (Tester) I created long ago, I did not remember this PW either. So, I followed the same procedure, asked for a PW reset, clicked the email message for a temp PW, received it properly in my email and and now using this account.

Something in the primary Dragon2U account is messed up in the server end. This alternate user account works fine in the same PW reset request but my primary account fails to send second email properly.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 06:41 AM

PMd a few moderators yesterday, sent a few direct "help" message to the system admins yesterday morning and afternoon....... still looking for assistance to reset the Dragon2U account so troubleshooting of the initial problem can begin.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester View Post
PMd a few moderators yesterday, sent a few direct "help" message to the system admins yesterday morning and afternoon....... still looking for assistance to reset the Dragon2U account so troubleshooting of the initial problem can begin.
I've sent you a PM with a new password. If you can reply to the PM with your alternative email I'll update your other account to text.

Niall
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
I've sent you a PM with a new password. If you can reply to the PM with your alternative email I'll update your other account to text.

Niall
Yes, received that this morning and it worked fine,thanks.

Marc spent a few seconds on the phone with me and changed the email address to an alternate one, I did get a test PM to the Dragon2U account in the different email, now I need to change it back to primary. Should I not be able to change the email address to my account by myself?

I will send a PM in a few seconds with the primary address I need.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
PMd you my primary email address to change it back to for this Dragon2U account.

I loaded Chrome browser instead of Firefox to see if that might be an issue with the email address change problem but it had no affect. Correct PW is entered, then the new email is entered twice as required in the form. Button changes colors to a gray color but the page does nothing when depressed.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
03 Redline, 8700 miles, automatic, and a 05 Aqua, 6400 miles, 6 speed
I sent a PM off to Mike Moro about 5-6 days and he hasn't answered.....I will call him. Plus I cannot see the attachments on any of the threads without hitting a button that pops up saying something about security and push the button to see the attachments. Also when I push the New Posts button it used to say 24 hours, 1 day, 2 days, etc. and you could pick one of those times, but now nothing comes up when I push on New Posts button and it goes directly to the last 24 hours of comments.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Yeah, I would be very surprised that this is only an issue that affects me. Either you are on Mikes poopoo list and he does not want to respond to you (JK) or this problem affects more people than the admins think. I kind of think some or many people are affected due to the recent change in servers that affected the images for a month but time will tell........
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 10:37 AM

My SSR:
2005 Sinister 6-speed, 2004 UV with Flames - Gone but not forgotten!
Quote:
Yeah, I would be very surprised that this is only an issue that affects me. Either you are on Mikes poopoo list and he does not want to respond to you (JK) or this problem affects more people than the admins think. I kind of think some or many people are affected due to the recent change in servers that affected the images for a month but time will tell........
I just tried to send you a PM and it said you "Dragon2U is not accepting PMs". I sent a Visitor Message and that went through.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister View Post
I just tried to send you a PM and it said you "Dragon2U is not accepting PMs". I sent a Visitor Message and that went through.
It should work okay now on your end, I am trying to reset everything so you might have caught it when I removed all the check boxes for PMs. Thanks
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It should work okay now on your end, I am trying to reset everything so you might have caught it when I removed all the check boxes for PMs. Thanks
Hi there,

Just wanted to follow up on this.
Are you still having issues with the email notifications?

Ed
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Hi there,

Just wanted to follow up on this.
Are you still having issues with the email notifications?

Ed
Thanks for the reply, yes, still have that issue as well as a few others.

Here is the thread I started and list 3 current issues with the site. https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f8/...issues-244921/
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Administrator

It could be that your provider is blocking or throttling our mail thinking its spam. Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your safe senders list.
-Philip
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
It could be that your provider is blocking or throttling our mail thinking its spam. Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your safe senders list.
-Philip

My webmail does not have a "safe" sender list. I am talking to COX at this very moment. They see no bounced email on their end from your server. Can I get a phone number to your tech?
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Ex SoCal Nut

My SSR:
Striping by Fairfield, Confidence by Mike in AZ
Sent PM to Admin yesterday. No reply as of yet....

Red Cat's Fan Club

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester View Post
My webmail does not have a "safe" sender list. I am talking to COX at this very moment. They see no bounced email on their end from your server. Can I get a phone number to your tech?
Hi there,

Can you give this a try?
blocked email addresses - Internet - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow bear View Post
Sent PM to Admin yesterday. No reply as of yet....
I have sent you a PM regarding the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
yellow bear likes this.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Quote:
Hi there,

Can you give this a try?
blocked email addresses - Internet - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

I have sent you a PM regarding the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

Yes, I have done all that, and talked to the Cox webmail support team at multiple levels on several occasions. I need you to send me (email or PM) copies of bounced emails so they can look at the header information and see exactly what server is bouncing the email. They looked at their logs and they see no attempt from your server to send them messages.

See this thread for more info - https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f8/...issues-244921/

Getting a reply from someone once every few days is really stretching this issue out, any way to submit a trouble ticket number and have someone dedicated to this issue? Possibly provide a direct email so we can solve this once and for all in a few days instead of weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Site Help > SSRFanatic.com Site Help Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in