post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Florida SSR Fanatic
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline w/Lambo Doors ++, and 2005 Bk 6-Speed
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
I'm curious how some can post about 10 massive pictures/post and I can only post 5 little ones.
Yes I would like an answer, is it their PC or what ?- I would like to be able to post more pics in a single post - I have The 4th Annual FL SSR Rally coming up and we will have a very large number of pics for viewing and posting.
How To Attach Photos-cartoon-20group.jpg

How To Attach Photos-ssrfanaticback3.jpg

MIKE IN ORLANDO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I bought me a special Ride - Why Not! - You don't live forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 AM

My SSR:
2004 Custom Two Tone
Quote:
I'm curious how some can post about 10 massive pictures/post and I can only post 5 little ones.
The photo attachment program that this site uses only allows five pictures.
If using off site photo hosting web pages, then you can attach ten links of those photos.

post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
#1 SidePipe Club

My SSR:
UV SSR 141mph on the Dyno 262 RWHP My other SS is an HHR SS "The RED ROCKET" "Tuned by CJ"
BIG Pictures

Photobucket works for me. Kindof a pain as you have to upload to them first, then copy and paste the link into your SSR message. It does work.
jlholmes99's Public Profile on Photobucket.com

Use the IMG code it gives the best picture,

A mime that Laughs out Loud is just……..
a Bozo in Facepaint
JimBob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 – PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in orlando View Post
[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"]Yes I would like an answer, is it their PC or what ?- I would like to be able to post more pics in a single post - I have The 4th Annual FL SSR Rally coming up and we will have a very large number of pics for viewing and posting.
Mike you can attach up to FIVE inside your post but I routinely use photobucket's website all the time. It is free and the photos will appear large when your thread is being viewed.

NOTICE!!!!! DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET ANYMORE! THEY WANT TO CHARGE UP TO $400 TO ALLOW YOU TO SHARE YOUR PHOTOS!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 PM

My SSR:
2004 ultra violet
not able to post pictures fgor sale

I am a supporting member and tried to post a picture in the paarts for sale , and could not do it . What is the problem never had this experince before thanks bob
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:49 PM

My SSR:
2005 slingshot yellow
Thank you I will give it a try.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 – PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Update:

Using the attachment feature is probably the best idea for long term archiving your photos onto our web site.

Using online hosting websites (i.e. Photobucket_com) is great and also very easy to use too but remember this; if you give up your account or it expires or you delete any of your photos that you have posted via the web links they will disappear from your post(s) and we lose those great photos you had posted for all of our members to relive and or reference again.

post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:07 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow - Born May 9, 2005 - #20820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
I have had a number of new Supporting Members wanting to know the correct steps to follow to be able to post a photo into one of their new threads or just into their replies. So I will try to explain to you one of the easiest and fastest methods in "how to" add a image/photo, by showing you how to use the "Attachment" feature.

Below is one method of posting photos onto our site. This method is just for our "Supporting Members" ONLY. Our other great "regular" members must use a host web site to link their images into their threads.

Uploading Your Photos:

Step One:

While you are creating your new thread/ reply you must scroll down to the Additional Options located below in your reply area window (only Supporting Members have this feature).

You will see a "Manage Attachments" button where you must click onto it and then go to the step #2.
HELP!!!
I used to have the "Manage Attachments" button but it's not there anymore.

Pete
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:36 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Ricochet Silver
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRFather View Post
HELP!!!
Use the Drag and Drop File Upload, located directly below the text input area of your thread response. It works great, just find the file(s) on your computer and drag it into the box that says "Drag Files Here to Attach". Simple! You can use this Drag and Drop method for pictures or other supported file formats, like .pdf files.

If you want your images to display in a specific order, then drag them into the box one-at-a-time ... wait for the file to resolve (usually a view seconds) before dragging the next file or image ... you will see the image large, then small when it finishes uploading. Images will display in the order they were uploaded. If you don't care what order they display, then you can grab 5 files at once and drag them to the upload box ... BRILLIANT!

If you still want to see the "Manage Attachments" option, you must use the "GO ADVANCED" feature. Then scroll down until you reach the Manage Attachments box.

Regards, Carl
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRFather View Post
HELP!!!
The problem was you lost your status so I had to reinstate your LifeTime Membership. Sorry about that glitch!

post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:29 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
Marc, read your initial post dated 1/28/07, sounds good, but too dumb and scared to try it. Still don't understand if I have 3 glossy 3x4 color pictures, do I just hold them up to the screen and it copies them from there ? Thought about entering the Ride of the Month again, since very few enter or even vote. Entered last year and somebody (Dwight, I think) put 3 pictures on there from the 2015 SSR International Rally in Illinois, so I could qualify. Seems like the Ride of the Month is like most all other elections and contests ... nobody really cares. I would think we would have 10 to 12 entries every month and at least a 1,000 voters. Bob Alexander
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Administrator

@SSRFather - it looks like your account switched back to Junior Member when you activated it after changing your email address.

Glad to see Marc could fix it for you.

@tennesseecozydog - Do you have a scanner you could upload those images? Sounds like you might have some beauty shots to post up.

Thanks,
- JB
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 10:52 PM

My SSR:
Yellow 2004
Instead of taking pages to explain a very complicated process you could just make the process simpler. The Beechtalk forum is much, much more simple than this. And I still can't figure out how to PM????
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 12:06 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Instead of taking pages to explain a very complicated process you could just make the process simpler. The Beechtalk forum is much, much more simple than this. And I still can't figure out how to PM????
Skybolt, you cannot PM until you have 15 posts, then you click on a screen name in a post or go to "User CP" on the tool bar and one of the options is send a Private message. Click on that and, if asked, start typing the screen name of the recipient. Should be a snap from there.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 12:37 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red
Garage
posting photos

Quote:
Don't feel bad. I can't even post one. Go figure and I am a life member.
nj6969 likes this.

REDRACR
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracr View Post
Don't feel bad. I can't even post one. Go figure and I am a life member.
That is because Cash was using the attachment file option in uploading photos in his post. If you are a supporting member the most photos you can up load per post is 5 attachments and they have to meet the specification's file sizes. *See below attachment* otherwise they will fail to upload.

Now If you want to post more than 5 photos, or any number for that matter, you can easily do so by joining and linking to a photo hosting website i.e. Photobucket-dot-com. You will then be able to copy the URL IMG link and you then can post larger photos up to any number that you like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment upload sizes.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	426778  

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 07:23 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Maybellene 2006 SSR Auto #23699 SMOKIN'ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER Build Date: 03/02/2006
I just spent over an hour trying to upload my video of the Pentiction using that page only to receive an error /authorization/validation even though I'm logged in.
if someone can transfer it; it is here: https://www.facebook.com/mike.baynes...98436228192762

Mike - mikebike in Surrey BC Canada Licence plate MY SSR
2006 SSR Auto SMOKIN'ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER
Build Date: 03/02/2006

post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Administrator

@mikebike were you able to post videos before?
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 12:30 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Maybellene 2006 SSR Auto #23699 SMOKIN'ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER Build Date: 03/02/2006
I was able a few years ago.

Mike - mikebike in Surrey BC Canada Licence plate MY SSR
2006 SSR Auto SMOKIN'ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER
Build Date: 03/02/2006

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Got any example threads of when you uploaded directly to the site?

Currently, you can still link in the video and have it show, if it was hosted on youtube. Like so:

Kevin
Marc NY likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Site Help > SSRFanatic.com Site Help Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in