New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Chevy SSR Forum
 138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnheadz View Post
so far, so good on my desktop. I'm still clicking around and finding things. I love the new header !!!!

Update post - hey, I see I can delete my posts! I am glad that is back
@turnheadz - feel free to ask any questions...

Jeff M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 06:58 PM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
So far all i like is the "like" option!!!

Nick
bruce60 and mikebike like this.
post #33 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:10 PM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
So---- went to "classic" and it is not the same as it was. Where is the puke face?! Loggin off for now!!!!

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!

My SSR:
2004 Ultra Violet ... Corvette servo, hood struts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj6969 View Post
So---- went to "classic" and it is not the same as it was. Where is the puke face?! Loggin off for now!!!!

Nick
When you do a reply you have to click on "more" and it's in the big window of smilies!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rob & Tracie
post #35 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:24 PM
SSR Fanatic

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
I think you have room to get a Pac Blue in the upper right corner of the banner!

I do like the addition of the "like" button on each post! You may not always want to post a response, so just tapping the "like" button is great!

Just checked out my "garage" and it was easy to use and I like it! Of course people will have to "use it" to be beneficial. So, I'm leading by example! Just like an old Drill Sergeant should! HOOAH!!!
turnheadz and Administrator like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #36 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:29 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Finally figured out how to switch back to the old way that they call CLASSIC. When you are 72 you are a classic just like our trucks. Give me the old way any day. Got it switched and now I am back home and happy.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #37 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Empty Garage - Previous 03 04 05 owner - on hunt for next one ;)
Not sure why it says "QUOTE" instead of "Reply" but it doesn't make since to me. For forum and PMs it should be Reply as that is the action I am doing.

Yeah, the red is a bit much.

Also, not sure if it is a different font style but I miss seeing the old BOLD lettering like it used to me. Not logging in it all looks the same, when you do log in the thread titles are a little different but not enough to really make a difference like it did before.

Cannot find where to remove the right hand table/bar ........... it should not be there by default, it takes up too much room. Why are there 2 search sections? I see one tagged as Google and the other blank???

Okay, it feels a little faster, very little, but I am reading posts, how fast does it really need to be? I think more of the overall default design look and feel should have been kept.

I can see some improvements so cudos to the effort but the change is a bit much and will take time. Might work well and might not in the long run. With a few tweaks hopefully it will be more comfortable.

Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others

post #38 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:13 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Maybellene 2006 SSR Auto #23699 SMOKIN'ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER Build Date: 03/02/2006
I like the "LIKE" button

testing the photo:
can't drop/or insert phot from .jpg file on computer

Mike - mikebike in Surrey BC Canada Licence plate MY SSR
2006 SSR Auto SMOKIN'ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER
Build Date: 03/02/2006

post #39 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
uh............ back to classic for me, as soon as I figure out how to do it - this version looks like crap. The SSR icons on the left went to color, and that did a great job of letting us know which topics had a fresh reply. Now they are faded and generic looking books?.

Spent a while trying to figure out where everything I was familiar with went, gave up. Sometimes change is not improvement. The site has worked just fine for 13 years.

Where did all the information under my avatar go.

Everywhere else in the web world, links are blue. The red is obnoxious.

Tried to change to classic, couldn't figure it out, finally got it to work. At least the site makes sense again.

I used to check for private messages - now I have to check for posts replied to and whatever else notifications are. Please post a reply on how I can get rid of these BS notifications. I don't want to know about replies or likes or whatever else you added to notifications. The net result will be to ignore notifications because they are a PITA, and not reply to PMs as a result.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #40 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:36 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Smokin' Asphalt, Automatic, bought March 2016, #16765
Sticky thread titles should have a shaded background color or some other way to clearly see they are stickies. Right now they blend with the other posts. The old version made it easy to see what were stickies and what were regular posts.
post #41 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:38 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Aqua Blur , 4 of 42 FPR,4 of 18 W/VYJ, Born 2/16/06
After a couple of years, I was getting around the forum OK & just learned to do pictures Just hoping I can learn this one quicker. This ole F--t and computers don't get along to well

The Best Part Of Any Journey, Is The Friends You Meet Along The Way.

Lloyd & Eileen
post #42 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:42 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
I do not know What Is worse, A heart attack or the big change. Not my cup of tea????????????????
post #43 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:04 PM

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flassh View Post
uh............ back to classic for me, as soon as I figure out how to do it - this version looks like crap. The SSR icons on the left went to color, and that did a great job of letting us know which topics had a fresh reply. Now they are faded and generic looking books?.

Spent a while trying to figure out where everything I was familiar with went, gave up. Sometimes change is not improvement. The site has worked just fine for 13 years.

Where did all the information under my avatar go.

Everywhere else in the web world, links are blue. The red is obnoxious.

Tried to change to classic, couldn't figure it out, finally got it to work. At least the site makes sense again.

I used to check for private messages - now I have to check for posts replied to and whatever else notifications are. Please post a reply on how I can get rid of these BS notifications. I don't want to know about replies or likes or whatever else you added to notifications. The net result will be to ignore notifications because they are a PITA, and not reply to PMs as a result.
I think I found the area where you can shut those quote notifications, it's in your control panel under settings halfway down there are check boxes to shut off qoute and mention settings, slowly finding my way thru the new "stuff" hope that helps Ray!!!

Rob & Tracie
post #44 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:10 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Even in the "Classic" format, SMOT is still coming up in the Active topics. I was happy when I had to go look for it IF I wanted to be involved with it.
turnheadz likes this.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #45 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:17 PM

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Even in the "Classic" format, SMOT is still coming up in the Active topics. I was happy when I had to go look for it IF I wanted to be involved with it.
I noticed that too!!

Rob & Tracie
post #46 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:33 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur 1SB, Born on 10/20/04, Lighted WindsuppR, Chrome Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
Hate this new stuff. Was very comfortable the way it was. This is very intimidating for us that don't compute very well. It was great the way it was.

What happened to all the truck avatar description. This stinks.
Don't like it, agree with Tennesseecozydog, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If I was not not a life time member would consider leaving.

Kenny Thomas
SSR051
post #47 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR051 View Post
Don't like it, agree with Tennesseecozydog, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If I was not not a life time member would consider leaving.

Kenny Thomas
SSR051
Don't leave us, just come back to the classic. I have made my complaints and been told some will be fixed. I'm back on the classic until that happens then I'll give it another go. You can't explain to the newbies if you don't know, but I might only be explaining how to get to the classic view so I can explain what I know. As a LIFER I will hang around, for sure.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #48 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
"Woodstock" Born 12/21/04 2005 Slingshot Yellow
I'll never leave!! I'll just stay grumpy over here on Classic until the whippersnapper web designers see something else shiny and leave us alone.

Willie
post #49 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 12:54 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
I'd request that the "like" link be removed from all posts. I can't get rid of it, even in classic mode, and can't get rid of the "like" notification if it's from a "friend" So now I have to "unfriend" all my "friends" in order not to receive "like" notifications?

Utterly stupid.

If everyone "likes" everyone's posts, we won't have time to do anything except read notifications.

So please!!!!!!!!!! don't "like" any posts I make.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #50 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 03:41 AM

My SSR:
Sadly sold '03 RED vin1337, '06(lastoneinblack) vin 24107..Sadly sold '04UV,'05SILVER,'06PACBLU FPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flassh View Post
I'd request that the "like" link be removed from all posts.

So please!!!!!!!!!! don't "like" any posts I make.
I like your post .. (not too sure about your attitude though)
craftybeth likes this.
post #51 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 03:52 AM

My SSR:
Sadly sold '03 RED vin1337, '06(lastoneinblack) vin 24107..Sadly sold '04UV,'05SILVER,'06PACBLU FPR
I don't really like it better, but it's not any worse, that's for sure. It does seem faster. I like the new banner. Having Fanatic SSR's was a great idea. Any change takes time to get used to. This does not seem to be too complicated, just had some rearrangements and such. I'm far from computer savvy, but the one thing I can't figure out ( and also had trouble on other format) is how the get avatar in place and as FLASSH so gracefully (?) noted, where is the description of "my SSR" beneath the avatar area? I go into my user CP and I can see it all, but can't get it to post on page.

Thank you for any help with this, Jim ssrtruck
post #52 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 05:00 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Just signed in and noticed even though I am on the Classic setting when it started up it was on the new fangled setting. Does that mean every time I sign out and sign in I have to convert it every time. That is a pain. Should be a box to click for Classic for good. Thanks. I know you worked very hard to set this up but so far I see no improvement and a lot of dis-satisfied long term and life members. By the way take the LIKE thing off. Keeps saying I have messages and it is just not so.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #53 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:05 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
05 YELLOW-BORN 9-29-04 VIN 15829
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER View Post
mucho
COME ON SHOE!!!!!
CALL ME IF U NEED HELP

TIME IS AN EVERLASING "NOW" MEASURED FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF MANKIND...WHAT "NOW" IS "PAST"...
post #54 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:17 AM
Enjoying life as it comes

My SSR:
Originally Smokin Asphalt 03 #00099 now kustom graphics, tu-tone Kandy Lime Green/Pearl White
New format?????

While I was gone over the weekend a see a lot has changed.

The Good:
The new banner looks good with a nice variety of SSR's.

The new Font size is great for my eldering eyeballs to see more easily.

The not so good:
The new color Red borders are not something that says this a special site. It's rather generic. I liked the orange better.

The cheesy envelopes on the left and locks on the right make the site look kinda cheap too.

Maybe it's just me, but with today's digital abilities I think some of the small details could be better to make this a more professionally appealing site to new surfers coming across our great community.

Go fast till you see GOD, THEN HIT THE BRAKES!!!!
post #55 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:43 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
I guess I can learn to get around.

Have no idea why they changed it, changing the Heading was OK.

WHAT HAPPENED TO "BLUE" COLORED SITCKEY???

NOW WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WHAT!!

Dicktator

Should have let subscribers, that's us, VOTE on Change.

post #56 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:45 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
I got 53 messages! How do I get rid of them? On the "old" site just the new ones for the day came up every morning. As Vince Lombardi once yelled out to his players or the Referee's "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE" You know Mr. Administrater, you could screw up a two car funeral. I tried to look at this in a positive way yesterday evening, but this morning the hell with it. Whoever paid my lifetime membership, I think it was rogerdoger, give him his money back. I want no part of this.

Except for the 2017 SSR International Rally in Denison, Texas, I could care less. I told you to get the "g" on the end of my handle, still not on there. I'll just be Alexander from now on! Again "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE" Get the old format back on NOW, so when I click on it comes up instead of your "modern" bunch of crap. Alexander out. ps Y'all are not happy unless your screwin' with something. Is that all you got to do?
post #57 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:55 AM
LOP
Super Moderator

My SSR:
'05 Auto Redline Red #20727.... Born on 05/05/05...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseecozydog View Post
I got 53 messages! How do I get rid of them? On the "old" site just the new ones for the day came up every morning. As Vince Lombardi once yelled out to his players or the Referee's "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE" You know Mr. Administrater, you could screw up a two car funeral. I tried to look at this in a positive way yesterday evening, but this morning the hell with it. Whoever paid my lifetime membership, I think it was rogerdoger, give him his money back. I want no part of this.

Except for the 2017 SSR International Rally in Denison, Texas, I could care less. I told you to get the "g" on the end of my handle, still not on there. I'll just be Alexander from now on! Again "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE" Get the old format back on NOW, so when I click on it comes up instead of your "modern" bunch of crap. Alexander out. ps Y'all are not happy unless your screwin' with something. Is that all you got to do?
Go to user cp and then options...scroll down to where you see the option to change the format in a drop down menu, choose classic and then save changes and you will be back to the old format.

The "g" is on your handle (and I can change your handle to something else if you like)...and also perhaps tone down your criticisms a bit, you b***h like an old bitty....

Please Note.. Any spelling and/or grammer mistakes are copyright of the author.. Mistakes will be numerous and common...
post #58 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:03 AM
LOP
Super Moderator

My SSR:
buddies list?

Am I missing it? I can no longer see the buddies list which used to reside on the right side of the home page upper portion. I do not see it in user cp options either. I very well cannot see the forest for the trees however.
Thanks.

Please Note.. Any spelling and/or grammer mistakes are copyright of the author.. Mistakes will be numerous and common...
post #59 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:06 AM
LOP
Super Moderator

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I am not seeing it now...looks like it was corrected. Thanks for bringing it to the admins attention Dwight.
Administrator likes this.

post #60 of 364 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:10 AM
LOP
Super Moderator

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
I HATE the red. Very hard to read the pages with RED blinding me!

is there an option to change the background colour and fonts colour?

Links 'should' be blue is what I was taught in HTML basic lessons 20 years ago.
I agree that all of the red is a bit much. It would be nice to change that to a more muted color or give us the option to change it ourselves outside of going back to classic mode.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Site Help > SSRFanatic.com Site Help Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in