• 1 Post By Marc NY
  • 1 Post By susiessr
  • 1 Post By Auggie Doggie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
Question Stop Auto Renewal of PayPal

To stop the auto renewal of your yearly membership, please follow the steps below.

1) Log into your PayPal account

2) Click "Profile"

3) Click "Pay List" (under Financial Information), this will give you a list of all subscriptions that are active on your account.

4) Click on the subscriptions you want to remove and then click Cancel.

The response you'll get from PayPal would appear to say that you just authorized an agreement, but if you click Overview you'll see that it is indeed gone. Following these steps will ensure that you are not charged for another renewal from us.

The above information is for those that want to "Quit" their automatic Membership renewals or become a Lifetime Member and stop PayPal's auto renwal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Vegas Mob

My SSR:
Slingshot yellow, 6 Speed, 4:56, #119840
Marc,

I got a charge from Paypal for $25 the other day. I notified Wells Fargo and put a stop payment on it because it was not authorized and I did not know what it was. So Wells Fargo is investigating this charge. I had not used PayPal in a long time. I am going to follow your instructions. I am a Lifetime Member and should not be getting charged.

Thanks for posting.

Yellow RULES Las Vegas
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Redline Red
Smile Thanks

Thanks for posting this. It gave me the kick in the pants that I needed to become a Lifetime Member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Thanks for ALL your support!

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 08:36 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
To stop the auto renewal of your yearly membership, please follow the steps below.

1) Log into your PayPal account

2) Click "Profile"

3) Click "Pay List" (under Financial Information), this will give you a list of all subscriptions that are active on your account.

4) Click on the subscriptions you want to remove and then click Cancel.

The response you'll get from PayPal would appear to say that you just authorized an agreement, but if you click Overview you'll see that it is indeed gone. Following these steps will ensure that you are not charged for another renewal from us.

The above information is for those that want to become a Lifetime Member and stop PayPal's auto renwal.

I did all this last year and again yesterday but the renewal notice came from the Forum and they have me down as a yearly member when I have been a Lifetime Member for a year now. Confused. By the way thanks for all you do on our behalf!!!

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Administrator

I see that you have two paid subscriptions, one lifetime and one yearly. It may have been the yearly one you were auto charged for. I would recommend you go back to your account and follow the steps. also could you send me a PM with your PayPal email address and your ID transaction number so I can send you a refund.

Thank you so much

~ GP Community support
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 07:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Automatic-Pacific Blue 2006
I have the opposite problem, I tried a phone call and using "Contact" on this site, neither worked out to make a payment.

Blues Brother
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 08:49 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2003 redline red rules
This is a serious pain in the butt! We should be able to pay our sub with a personal check like the good ole days!.

Why is paying always a problem?

Lets fix this up.

I write checks.
I use a debit card.
I use a credit card.

Paypal? NO-not friends with them.
Auggie Doggie likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

My SSR:
Garage
Sorry for all the troubles you are having. I have contacted the website owner's Administrators to try to help once again explain their payment policies and why they no longer accept checks etc.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Hi there,

We use PAYPAL's payment gateway because it's secure and pretty easy/quick to use. You don't even have to have a PAYPAL account to use it. There's an option for users to pay with their credit card (and bypass the need to create a PAYPAL account).

Admin
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 07:36 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2003 redline red rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi there,

We use PAYPAL's payment gateway because it's secure and pretty easy/quick to use. You don't even have to have a PAYPAL account to use it. There's an option for users to pay with their credit card (and bypass the need to create a PAYPAL account).

Admin
Option should show right up front. It does not. It says "Order using Paypal". The other options should all be seen at the same time. Don't you think? I have only gone as far as it asking me Order using Paypal and I stop.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
The big problem when PAYPAL double charges you they won't give you a refund just a credit to buy something else. They still have my $25 from a double billing. Back in 2015 I got around that by going LIFETIME and not using them anymore. That lesson was worth $25 and I thank them for that. Hope they spend it wisely.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:10 AM

My SSR:
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SSRJIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
The big problem when PAYPAL double charges you they won't give you a refund just a credit to buy something else. They still have my $25 from a double billing. Back in 2015 I got around that by going LIFETIME and not using them anymore. That lesson was worth $25 and I thank them for that. Hope they spend it wisely.

Do you ever shop Home Depot? They take PayPal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:12 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRJIM View Post
Do you ever shop Home Depot? They take PayPal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't use paypal and no we don't have home depot.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:45 AM

My SSR:
2004 Silver, custom carbon fiber graphics, Superchips flashpaq, 4:10 gear, corvette servo.
Augie, I'll be happy to put that $25 to use for you... just tell me your user name and password!!!

Seriously, I believe you can transfer a paypal balance to your checking account. You might dig a little deeper for more info.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzr View Post
Augie, I'll be happy to put that $25 to use for you... just tell me your user name and password!!!

Seriously, I believe you can transfer a paypal balance to your checking account. You might dig a little deeper for more info.
Thanks but I am done with them. They are rude and condescending and I am done with them. It was well worth $25 to learn how they are and how rude they are.
BlueStreak likes this.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:59 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiUSA View Post
I have the opposite problem, I tried a phone call and using "Contact" on this site, neither worked out to make a payment.
Did anyone ever answer this question?

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Administrator

We are planning on implementing our own payment system, and it's in it's late stage testing at the moment, but until that time, Paypal processing the payments is all we can offer. We aren't equipped to handle the sensitive information required.

The links to be used are here: https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/payments.php

Kevin
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 10:37 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Automatic-Pacific Blue 2006
Yes, resolved. I believe it was a multi problem issue, I don't use PayPal auto pay -But when a charge is denied via PayPal they won't provide a way to deal with it, simply a notification. Going into the PayPal account does NOT show any attempt to collect in order to resolve it. However Admin here has taken care of my issue, just hope that "Contact" on the SSR forum is easier in the future, having tried several times to use that option without getting past the prompts. I believe my phone call was a wee bit too late (not business hours). But I'm back to a stress free environment here.

Michael

Blues Brother
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 07:25 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
After all the confusion in 2015 I figured I was here for the long haul so I just went Lifetime Supporting Member and don't have to worry about it and don't have to deal with PAYPAL any more. That was how I resolved it. Works for me. Have a good one.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Awesome, please PM us if you're having troubles with PayPal or create a thread here.
We'll be glad to help.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Site Help > SSRFanatic.com Site Help Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in