We are Moving! - Chevy SSR Forum
 125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

We are Moving!

Dear Ssrfanatic Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Ssrfanatic.com will be migrated to our new platform on Friday, June 28th.

The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites.

There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support
ABLUR05 and Curbsssr like this.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:37 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Oh goodness !!!! I hope there are less problems than the in the past !

Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:37 AM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
SOUNDS A LOT LIKE ... Hi, WE'RE FROM THE GOVERENMENT AND WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU!
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:49 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSReplay View Post
SOUNDS A LOT LIKE ... Hi, WE'RE FROM THE GOVERENMENT AND WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU!
I think it is more like, the last changes we made were not what we expected and we think we have a better idea this time, to fix it before it get out of hand AGAIN! But I really do not know any more than your do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:09 AM

My SSR:
2004 in Black and now 2005 in Black, what a pair
Quote:
You forgot the " Trust me "
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:37 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Ssrfanatic.com will be migrated to our new platform on Tuesday, June 4th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites.
There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support
You do realize we are mostly a bunch of computer illiterate ornery old farts who don't adapt well to change.

I hope you experimented with the smart phone geek/millennial tuner community first to see if the new and improved site actually works - this time, as compared to previous new and improved versions.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 11:25 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BlueBelle
Quote:
And the response is: WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HERE!

FROM THE HOME OF THE MERMAIDS

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 11:53 AM
BLU SSR

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flassh View Post
You do realize we are mostly a bunch of computer illiterate ornery old farts who don't adapt well to change.

I hope you experimented with the smart phone geek/millennial tuner community first to see if the new and improved site actually works - this time, as compared to previous new and improved versions.
IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE HELPFUL IF THEY TESTED IT WITH SOME "COMPUTER ILLITERATE OLD FARTS" SINCE THAT IS WHO WILL BE USING IT!! I believe this is their fundamental error with most "improvements", the youngsters developing the program are so "computer literate" that the steps to preform things are second nature, while it defies logic to us old farts. Hopefully this is a step forward, not a leap off a cliff!
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 12:02 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Hope it is better then the last go a round. It only took about 6 months to get over their meddling with what we had and it didn't seem any better in the end.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:46 PM

and dont hold your breath !
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:57 PM
SSR Pit Crew

"IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE HELPFUL IF THEY TESTED IT WITH SOME "COMPUTER ILLITERATE OLD FARTS" SINCE THAT IS WHO WILL BE USING IT!! I believe this is their fundamental error with most "improvements", the youngsters developing the program are so "computer literate" that the steps to preform things are second nature, while it defies logic to us old farts. Hopefully this is a step forward, not a leap off a cliff!"

Very astute observation..........I could not agree more. In a former life, I was manager of the PAG (Problem Analysis Group) for the software center at R.T.P. in No. Carolina with the Itty Bitty Machine Co. These guys/gals spent all day every day debugging soon to be released software problems. They danced to a different tune that most of the rest of us.
tennesseecozydog and SSReplay like this.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:04 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Great! It's about time the Site caught up with the software changes. If we/you don't update soon, our Site won't open at all.

It is slow now.

Guess I can learn about the changes because I am not one of the "oldfarts" as it has been said.

I am only 83!

Dicktator

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:21 PM
Super Road Rocket Pilot

My SSR:
Empty Garage - Previous 03 04 05 owner - on hunt for next one ;)
Oh no, hope that is not a stormy mess I see in the distance.....

The current site runs on VBulletin software, and old version that probably needs updates. Actually Xenforo was designed by some people that left VBulletin. Sure, it's been out a few years and has some small following but not sure it is the right choice. Guess we will see.

Let's just hope the technicians can make things work properly this time that still do not work since the last "update" ... like PW resets, Gallery display issues, etc..... Still cannot believe it took me 6 Fuk'ing months after researching and spelling out exactly what their problem was to get my email working again.

The slowness is all the ads they added, not the software core. Going to be interesting to see how all the add ons migrate.

Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:41 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
It'll be nice to have an up-to-date site, particularly if it speeds up page loads and overall performance. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Thanks for all of your hard work on our behalf Administrator!

Cheers,

Rich

post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:37 PM
SSR Overseas, Ireland,

My SSR:
One of orginal 69WD 1 pilots 2003 with custom paint job for SEMA 2004. red top, black lower
Garage
Administration guys
Best of luck with new site, as long as passwords migrate across ok and the site has similar layout people will adapt fairly quickly.
Fingers crossed 😀
BMBLBEE and BlueStreak like this.

Going flat out !!
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:54 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow, "PowerGlide" Alloy Rims (yuk) Runnin' Boards, Gauge Package
K I S S
Texasbaehr likes this.
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:39 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Administrator please keep in mind that most of the users on this forum are Seniors. What might be cool, neat and easy for a techie can be a nightmare for us. Keep this easy and intuitive for people that have minimal computer skills.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 05:56 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 ultra violet
Good Luck
Auggie Doggie likes this.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 06:02 AM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
We all love SSR Fanatic and we should be grateful to the people that run it and their efforts to improve it
Personally, I have not had any issues with the exception of when we had to change our access stuff a couple of years ago

I have become so better computer literate due to all of the things I have learned to do (and love) on the forum.
That is likely part of the issue with a lot of our members - we are mostly older folk that did not grow up with computers
I appreciate the people that run our site are trying to make it easier for our members

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:34 AM
Ret. Air Force

My SSR:
Mazzy, 04 Silver, Custom Side Pipes, Flames on Doors, and One Sweet Looking @$$!!
Garage
Change is Inevitable,
Change is Good,
Change is Needed...

...Let's do this Damn Thing!!!

Oh, Yeah, and I agree with all the old dudes, keep it simple.

..."We live in fame or go down in flame."
(Hey! Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!!)

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:04 AM
Genuinely SSR Obsessed

My SSR:
2006 Black FPR #24031 BOD=3/14/2006 The Black Knight
Thumbs up

Change?.......its inevitable. The only thing that is constant is change. Ever forward.

Are we not constantly trying to improve (change) our Rs?? And when we do something 'wrong' with it we try something else. We improve over time. I'm looking forward to the site's efforts to improve itself. I'm hoping for betterment.

Lets go.......

===============
David
We are Moving!-2019-05-28-10-43-35-754741396.jpeg - "What...me change??!?!!"
LOP, CruDawg, Ireland SSR and 2 others like this.

=========================================

Livin' the Dream; Thanks Chevrolet
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:32 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004 Ultra Violet #03987 Born On 01-15-04
Cool Best of Luck to the ADMINS

I spent my last 20 years of working in an IT shop. Migrating to a new platform is not a simple task and requires a good project manager. No matter how worried the end-users feel the hardware and software admins are 10x more worried as they have tried to imagine every mode of failure and have either prepared work arounds or procedures to prevent the failures. More than likely they have already run test moves; but it is the final move of production data that is always the most worrisome.

I recommend that on June 4th, we offer them our prayers and best wishes.

When admins do their jobs correctly we are never even aware that they exist.
LOP, BlueStreak and richsadams like this.

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
06 Redline Red FPR
It doesn't work on my flip phone....

post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ligon View Post
I spent my last 20 years of working in an IT shop. Migrating to a new platform is not a simple task and requires a good project manager. No matter how worried the end-users feel the hardware and software admins are 10x more worried as they have tried to imagine every mode of failure and have either prepared work arounds or procedures to prevent the failures. More than likely they have already run test moves; but it is the final move of production data that is always the most worrisome.

I have no idea about the IT stuff but hopefully, they have it sorted out, and I think they must - otherwise, I guess we have more issues! HaHa!

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Tech Support/Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ligon View Post

All major software rollouts I was involved with had an integral "rollback plan" should the update fail or fail to perform as expected...hopefully that is part of this upgrade plan for this migration.
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:24 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 4spd, #19282, Addco Sways, WindSuppressr, 4.56 club and more Mike parts than I can count
Quote:
Originally Posted by snomuncher View Post
All major software rollouts I was involved with had an integral "rollback plan" should the update fail or fail to perform as expected...hopefully that is part of this upgrade plan for this migration.
110% agree. We always have a rollback plan for our deployments - these folks will be no different.

And not sure this helps ease folks concerns, but our platform (AutoGuide.com, owned by VerticalScope) hosts +600 other automotive websites and forums. I am betting we are not their first conversion, nor their last. I wish them, and all of us, the best of luck next week.

Just hoping they put the vette and audi guys thru the wringer first.
richsadams likes this.

Doug

I'm not real quick......but my truck is
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Heya all,

There will be a learning curve however the site will be much faster and more secure.

We will be here to answer questions, provide support and will also have some tutorials to help you all get adjusted to the new look and feel.

Quick Sneak Peak of another site we have converted recently:
https://www.fordgt500.com/

Jeff M
LOP, Railroad Guy and richsadams like this.
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Oh man. So many comments!

Do you guys wanna see a forum that's already been converted? We've made it a lot faster and easier on the eyes. While we understand that a lot of you are...more mature, we do believe that this change will help with a lot of the existing issues vbulletin has been causing and will continue to cause.

Lee
LOP and richsadams like this.
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver/Blue #23810
Garage
Unhappy

WOW

I sure hope that this Forum does not look like that.
Not much distinction between Sections[Bold Black or Orange on SSR Fanatic]
Does not have a full screen width.
Did not notice any thumbnails?

Hope that there are no Ads for Lifetime members. That Shelby site had nothing but Ads

Diamond Jim
FINGER LAKES RUN....HOST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Site Help > SSRFanatic.com Site Help Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Crash | - »