We are Moving! - Page 2 - Chevy SSR Forum
 130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:26 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur, #15535, auto, aux guages, Joe's tune, Mike's spare tire kit, upgrades, BOD: 9/24/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by snomuncher View Post
All major software rollouts I was involved with had an integral "rollback plan" should the update fail or fail to perform as expected...hopefully that is part of this upgrade plan for this migration.
Your statement is absolutely spot on! In any software update rollout there are always 'features', unforeseen gremlins, unique to the code being modified. These will need to be identified, and addressed, quickly and efficiently to ensure a smooth transition.

David
richsadams likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:43 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Heya all,

Quick Sneak Peak of another site we have converted recently:
https://www.fordgt500.com/

Jeff M
Sweet. Nice and clean. Since we can't (or don't want to) sign in, will there be a menu at the top like we have now? Makes for getting around the site much easier.

Also, just keep in mind, Ford guys are used to settling for less than perfect.

Thanks to you and Lee for your hard work!
Guzzi Guy likes this.

Cheers,

Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:36 PM

I’m so excited that you will be “remodeling” your site. I had trouble navigating.
richsadams likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:07 AM

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot / Slightly modified
Garage
Past tries was like what deck chair do we sit on while On the maiden voyage of the Titanic!
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:47 AM
SSR Pit Crew

i like the sneak peak. Its going to be fun. Life is Good
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:12 AM
LKMURKY

My SSR:
04 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Checked out the GT500 site, site looks good, just don't understand why anyone would be excited about one . . .
No accounting for tastes
Captain RED
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:49 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 4spd, #19282, Addco Sways, WindSuppressr, 4.56 club and more Mike parts than I can count
Quote:
Oh man. So many comments!

Do you guys wanna see a forum that's already been converted? We've made it a lot faster and easier on the eyes. While we understand that a lot of you are...more mature, we do believe that this change will help with a lot of the existing issues vbulletin has been causing and will continue to cause.

Lee
"...more mature" - well put. Much better than the term the missus uses: rhymes with cranky old rastard

Thanks for the sneak peek. Agree with previous comment of nice and clean and modern. And the dark mode is way easier on my tired eyes, especially in mobile formats. Good job, look forward to seeing it next week.

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not real quick......but my truck is
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:01 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
On this site the FIRST and mostly only (Thing?) I click on is "NEW POSTS" then go from there. I hope we can do that on the new version. Maybe that would be the same as their "Trending Discussions" ????

Nick

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:01 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Oh Gawd!!!

Does that mean I will lose my Classic mode?

Never could adjust to the newfangled full site.
FUZZY and ggoat!!! like this.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:02 PM
Enjoying life as it comes

My SSR:
Originally Smokin Asphalt 03 #00099 now kustom graphics, tu-tone Kandy Lime Green/Pearl White
I've gotten recent notices about other web site updating as well.

The biggest issue I have with that is they each said you have to use the most updated browser to function. Well that leave's me out cause my computer is so old it doesn't get updated versions of the browsers any longer. But it works very well for what I need it for, and I'm not about to go out and spend another $1k-2K on a new home computer to do less than I can now because my old programs are no longer compatible with the new ones. Thanks but no thanks.
BlueStreak and mikebike like this.

Go fast till you see GOD, THEN HIT THE BRAKES!!!!
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:40 PM
MY05SSR
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 6spd. Agua Blur and 2004 Slingshot
Garage
Administrators! Bring it on!!! (Us old farts are survivors) except me, I'm not as old as some
BlueStreak likes this.
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:12 AM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUZZY View Post
I've gotten recent notices about other web site updating as well.

The biggest issue I have with that is they each said you have to use the most updated browser to function. Well that leave's me out cause my computer is so old it doesn't get updated versions of the browsers any longer. But it works very well for what I need it for, and I'm not about to go out and spend another $1k-2K on a new home computer to do less than I can now because my old programs are no longer compatible with the new ones. Thanks but no thanks.
Generally speaking almost all websites are backwards compatible with older browsers so no matter what you're running you should be able to enjoy the new version of the site. There might be a few user interface bells and whistles that you won't see (and probably wouldn't care about), but it should be functional.

That said, if you're using Windows 7 or later you can install the latest version of Firefox for Windows.

Or if you're using a Mac with Mavericks (v10.9) or newer you can install the latest version of Firefox for Mac.

Whatever you do I'd wager that when you log into the site after the update you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Rich

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:34 AM
Enjoying life as it comes

My SSR:
Originally Smokin Asphalt 03 #00099 now kustom graphics, tu-tone Kandy Lime Green/Pearl White
Quote:
Originally Posted by richsadams View Post
Generally speaking almost all websites are backwards compatible with older browsers so no matter what you're running you should be able to enjoy the new version of the site. There might be a few user interface bells and whistles that you won't see (and probably wouldn't care about), but it should be functional.

That said, if you're using Windows 7 or later you can install the latest version of Firefox for Windows.

Or if you're using a Mac with Mavericks (v10.9) or newer you can install the latest version of Firefox for Mac.

Whatever you do I'd wager that when you log into the site after the update you'll be fine.
I would hope this is true.

Windows 7 is even newer than what I run, but it's virus free, paid for and has programs that will not work on Windows 10. Some of these programs I use are 15 years old and even those don't get updated versions.

I tried Firefox a few years back and all it did was slow down my systems, and freeze programs. Once I removed it my system went back to it's normal uploading and downloading speeds, and all programs worked perfectly again.

SO let's hope it works out.
tinyssnowplows likes this.

Go fast till you see GOD, THEN HIT THE BRAKES!!!!
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
FUZZY, I'm guessing you run XP. I did, but now I run Windows 7. When running XP I upgraded the Internet Explorer several times. I now run IE 10, not to be confused with Windows 10 which I avoid like the plague.
I also run Chrome.
I think you could go to a later version up to IE 10, or Chrome with no problem.
I also block JavaScript and use AdBlocker to cut down distractions(annoying crap).

This is all information if you find you're forced to upgrade for some reason, and not spend a ton of money. If you have trouble just ask the kid, they know everything.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hello all,

The migration date has been bumped back pending sorting out a technical challenge we discovered.

In order to have a smooth transition, we will update you all once we have a firm date.

Jeff M
Auggie Doggie and richsadams like this.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:26 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Hello all,

The migration date has been bumped back pending sorting out a technical challenge we discovered.

In order to have a smooth transition, we will update you all once we have a firm date.

Jeff M
Thanks Jeff. It's always better to do it right than to do it fast!

Cheers,

Rich

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hello Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that the new migration date will be on Friday, June 28th.

Thank you all for your support!

~ Community Support
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:53 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Quote:
Hello Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that the new migration date will be on Friday, June 28th.

Thank you all for your support!

~ Community Support
Thanks for all of your hard work! Fingers crossed all will go well.
Administrator likes this.

Cheers,

Rich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Community Help Section > Community Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in