Signature #25: “Media Review SSR”
Signature #25 – Pedigree Theme: “Media Review SSR”
Signature Series SSR #25 is one of seven Media Review SSRs (VINs 19-25). Each was utilized in a number of multivehicle GM and Chevrolet Communications events as well as provided to individual media outlets and reporters for evaluations that resulted in either print or broadcast stories about the new SSR..
As detailed in a separate document included in the scrapbooks that accompanied all Signature Series SSRs, these Media Review SSRs were among the 15 Signature Series driven by the media participants invited to the May 23-26, 2003 events.
Following the “Full-Line Preview” the Media Review SSRs were distributed throughout the continental U.S. and loaned for one week periods to key journalists, allowing them the opportunity to experience the vehicles during their normal day-to-day routines. This also provided the major enthusiast publications with the chance to perform full in-depth performance testing. A number of the media who published their reviews were kind enough to provide a copy of the magazine with their SSR story (some autographed by the journalist) for inclusion in the scrapbook of each Media Review SSR. Some also supplied an additional momento representing their publication as another keepsake.
Key Media who had the opportunity to drive Signature Series #25 included the following, with date of their story (if published prior to the auction of this vehicle):
- Houston Chronicle – May 28, 2003 – Tim Spell
- Popular Science – September, 2003 – Jim Dunne
- Dallas Morning News – September 24, 2003 – Kevin Ballentine
- Fox-TV Dalls “News in the Morning” – August 4, 2003 – Ed Wallace
- Fox-TV Dalls “Good Day Dallas” – August 22, 2003 – Ed Wallace
- CBS-TV Dallas – Andrew Sypien
Editors note: Thanks to Bob Walczyk, Chevrolet Portfolio Manager, for providing the details above that appear in Signature #25's scrapbook.Build DateSignatories
- Ari Kirsch - SSR Senior Financial Analyst
- Gregory Thompson -SSR Manufacturing Manager
- Auction Date: October 23, 2003
- Location:>>> Boston, MA (Adessa – GM Dealer Only Auction)
- Winning Bid: .$120,000*
*Final gavel price; excludes any buyer commision that may have been paid.