Signature #8: “Street Art SSR - North Central Region”
Signature #8 – Pedigree Theme: “Street Art SSR - South Central Region”
One Signature Series SSR was dedicated exclusively to each of Chevrolet's five U.S. marketing regions. An artist selected from four cities within each region was commissioned to create original works (i.e. watercolors, oil paintings, pen and ink, etc.) depicting the SSR against a backdrop from that region of America - its geography, landmarks, people and culture. The artists and their finished work appeared at a variety of events within the region, along with a public exhibition of all 20 pieces at a special gallery-style showing after completion of the Signature Series marketing program..
The four artists and the titles of their works depicting the North Central Region Street Art SSR are:
SSR #8 and the original pieces of artwork appeared at a variety of public events during the Summer of 2003. The winning auction bidder for this SSR received all four pieces of artwork. In additon, the SSR Signature Series scrapbook that accompanies the vehicle includes prints of each piece as well as memorabilia and notes provided by the artists.
- Pegi Ballenger, Lakeville, MN – “Vroom, Vroom, Brrrr”
- David Chapple, Grand Blanc, MI – “Purple Passion”
- Gordon France, LaGrange, IL – “A Good Museum Day”
- Greg Gove, Chicago, IL – “Street Style Reborn”
Editors note: Thanks to Bob Walczyk, Chevrolet Portfolio Manager, for providing the details above that appear in Signature #8's scrapbook.Build DateSignatories
- Bill Davis - GM Design Engineering Executive
- Harry Branca - SSR Signature Series Program Manager
- Auction Date: September 27, 2003
- Location:>>>.Indianapolis, IN
- Winning Bid: .$59,500
*Final gavel price; excludes any buyer commission that may have been paid.
Artists and Their Works