The TuTone paint procedure as received from Ed Ivey (Freezer).
The TuTones were painted entirely in the regular production system at the Lansing Craft Centre.
1. The SSR was painted entirely in the Lower color, no clearcoat applied, then baked.
2. It was then taped and “papered off.”
3. The Upper color was applied, basecoat only.
4. The tape and paper were removed, the Upper base coat still wet.
5. Clearcoat was applied over the entire truck, then in for final baking.
There is no step felt between the colors as the clearcoat was applied over both colors simultaneously.
This thread is closed but the original thread is available for comments.