• 1 Post By Yvonne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Aturros from Simple Tire

So, after saying I wasn't going to order tires online that's exactly what I did! I called multiple tire places in closest major city to me and none could get the Aturros I wanted. SimpleTire had excellent prices but as I stated in other post, they told me by email that their tires could be up to 4 years old which I didn't want. I finally decided to call them and glad I did...I ended up talking to a guy named Cortney out of Philly (his direct line is 215-642-8299 if interested) who was great to deal with and assured me that if tires came and were older than a year he'd facilitate exchange asap. They were shipped to tire guy in town and I ran over to check date code... only few months old. I opted for the 315s for rear and love the look of them...nice and wide and great tread pattern. The grip is excellent. Guy had no issues putting the new tires on rims.

Unrelated but FYI. Last two weeks I felt like my brake pedal was soft and going lower than usual when I stepped on it. Had tech look at pads and told him about pedal. He asked it any dash light came on recently...nope. He looked at level of brake fluid and said it looked good. He asked if any drips on driveway...nope. I asked what else could it be...master cylinder...ah crap I thought. So I asked him to pull top off brake fluid and just take a peek...he said it was just barely a hair under the line and shouldn't make a diff but topped it off. That was it...finicky thing...just a wee bit too low and it changed pedal travel. Glad it wasn't the MC...always nice when a fix is a few bucks.
Bee75 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Wheel and Tire Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in