Chevy SSR Forum banner

Put a set of Atturos on yesterday

8K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  pockneck 
#1 ·
After a lot of research into new tires and some sound advice from KiwiUSA, I ordered a set of Atturo 800’s and installed them yesterday. 275/45/19 up front and 315/35/zr20 in the rear.
I had to replace the Goodyear RSA’s after noticing separation on one of the rear tires and a small tear on the front. The tires looked brand new and probably had less than 1000 miles on them if that much. The date code was 2015 but the car probably sat in the garage for over a year without being driven up in PA. I bought it in April and had it shipped to FL. I’m guessing that the change in temperature had something to do with it.
It was hard tossing out over $1000 in new tires but I’m happy that I noticed the problem before I headed out to the highway.
As for the Atturos, what can I say? Visually, this is a beautiful tire with a tread pattern that is fitting for this type of vehicle. The flames on the sidewalls are a nice touch as well. The rear 315’s are absolute road graters and look awesome.
I opted for the 275/45/19 upfront because it was the matching tire for the rear. I wish that there was a 255/45/19 option. The front is slightly higher than the OEM Goodyear and fills the wheel well nicely. I think I’d prefer a slightly smaller tire up front but that’s something I’ll live with for now.
The wheel shop commented that one of the front tires was a bit “bouncy” or had a light shimmy-not sure what he meant. He said the rear tires balanced nicely. So we will see how it drives on the highway.
Cost wise-hard to beat. I got these on Amazon and they shipped free through Prime. $127 for the tears and $93 for the fronts. Under $500 delivered and $110 for the mounting and balance. I priced the RSA’s from a few years back and the one rear tire was $400.
All in all, I love the way that it looks. Haven’t drove it on the highway yet. I’ll report back when I do.
Thanks again to KiwiUSA for the original information on the Atturos.

Brian Bee75

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Atturo's Update

After a couple of months and a couple thousand miles on the Atturo's that I put on my R, I must say that I'm pretty happy with how they are running thus far. I love the look of the tread pattern and the massive size of the rear rubber. If I could do it all over again, I would have opted for a 255/45/19 in the front instead of going to the 275/45/19. I did this because Atturo doesn't make the OEM size for the front. I wanted to keep the tires the same brand front and back so I went with this setup. It's not that bad but the front tire seems a bit too big for the front. Regardless, the tires run true and smooth, and for about $500 shipped for the 4 from Amazon Prime, its a hard deal to beat.

Bee:silver:

#4 ·
I bought the PIRELLI P-ZERO P-255/45/19 for the front when a member posted them on sale @ tire-rack. Then told after I had them that they are a summer tire??????? Never heard that term? Anyone have a suggestion as to what brand in the stock size would go with them? Any chance that the tire you bought comes in the stock size? It does have [THE] look........any link appropriated. Would be nice with free shipping?

Other brands suggestions????????

thanks, Birdmans

#5 ·
Neros?

Birdman

Are you wanting an all weather tire? Your P-Zeros may be summer or all season depending on which model. I think that the Continentals (I have not personally owned them) are a good tire. They make several models and many are all season.

Yes my Michelins SS are a summer tire. They are not to be run at sub freezing temps as the rubber is not designed for it.

Your P-zeros may or may not be summers. If they are Neros they are all season.

Dave

#9 ·
I have the Pirelli P-Zero as well. The dealer I bought the truck from put a fresh set on right before I got it. That was about two years ago. I drive it all year long. Hot or cold. I have yet to notice any difference in driveability, stability or traction related to temperature.

Side note: Yes, it gets cold in New Mexico. I do not drive on on ice or snow, not because of the tires but because of all the other crazies out there. I drive aggressively, but I'm not a stop light racer.

#10 ·
tires

Thanks for the input. Someone said what model the ZERS'S are could mean [all season]? It was dark in the garage when I looked at them for the size. Right now I'm looking at the Artors the poster bought is the correct ssr size. I know nothing about Amazon prime to get free shipping? I did find a sale @ $127 & change shipped. V rating is 149 MPH. If I can find it again. AM hoping someone with compound knowledge will know if the two are compatible? I've found that tires are more than round things? The thousands of tires I dealt with @ Gm & none of this ever came up.

Bird

#12 ·
Found a man who stocks a major player. He said go to ebay to find his auction.

atturo [AZ800-106-V] SIZE 295/40.20------SAME size that came on the ssr rear. $125 each shipped.
He checked the specs on the rear ssr wheel & the tire above matches & has a nice aggressive tread
design.

Birdmans

#14 ·
Almost look like snow tires or off road tires. Could be very noisy at high constant speed with that aggressive pattern. Had some thing like that on my 4X4 Silverado and way too loud for me. Switched them out for Michelins. You will have to let us now.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog
#15 ·
Everything I say here is opinion only
Atturo had a really nice tread pattern a few years ago - before the original post by Bee75 - can't recall for sure but think he was the guy with the Blue over Silver that hauled a trailer
Even though we are truck owners they are not 4x4's
Many bad-mouth the original RSA's, but they really suit our vehicles
I have the Nitto's on mine (love the tread pattern) but I understand Ray (Flassh) is having wear concerns

In Canada, you almost have to renew your mortgage to change tires - my Nitto's were $1600 all in

#24 ·
See post #17

Well it’s been about 3000 miles with these tires and I have to say they are some of the best tires I’ve ever had on any vehicle. In my opinion, they are head and shoulders above the Goodyear RSA’s that I had before. I don’t notice any significant road noise whatsoever and I LOVE the tread pattern. Having the 315’s on the rear is an added bonus and really makes the OEM chrome 20 pop. If I had one regret, it would have been to go with the original OEM 255/45/19 up front as opppsed to the 275/45/19 that I ended up getting. Atturo didn’t make the size and due to my desire to keep the tires as a matched set, I opted for the 275’s. I’m used to the way it looks now but I think I’d prefer the smaller tire up front.
Overall I’m very pleased. I paid $600 with mounting and balancing for the 4 and I would do it again if I had to.

#27 · (Edited)
Tires

Hey Brian,

How goes it? I was looking at my tires and knew my fronts were getting old but I didn't realize how old. Over 10 years! The rear tires are 5 years. Anyway, I really like the looks of your tires and was wondering are you satisfied with them? I am going to order them from Amazon if you like them so far.

Great time at the Poker Run! Hope we get to do it again.

Mike

#28 ·
Tires

Hi Mike!

I also had a great time at the Poker Run. Got my windshield fixed on Monday. Not too bad considering.
As for my tires.....
I love the look of them especially the rears. I wish that the fronts came in the OEM size, but they don’t however. I ended up using a 275/45/19 up front to keep the tread patterns the same-front and back. I think it’s a bit too beefy up front compared to how sleek it looks in the back. But that being said, these tires have been very very good for the 11 or so months that I’ve had them. They wear nicely and I’ve already put 8000 miles on them. Remember though, my tires are 315/35/20 in the back so you’re going a bit wider in the rear.
Last check on amazon shows them unavailable. I think I paid $500 for the 4 delivered.
All in all I think they are great tires. They’ll look good on your truck for sure.
Are you still ordering the Poker Run shirts? Let me know and I’ll send you the $ for mine.

Brian

#30 ·
255/50/19 Nexen is the size and tire I have on now.. I bought a front set of 255/50/19 Atturos on E Bay atw-tires, $101.00 @ free shipping and no CA sales tax.. I haven't installed them yet, old tires where a bit better then I thought.. The tire code date put them at only 8 months old.. The size seems to work out fine......

#33 ·
Has anyone tried the 850's?

They are more of a wet and high performance tread.

Dave
Got my front tires in yesterday so I put one of the tires next to the old tire to see if there might be a problem. It is going to be close. I may need to put my shocks on at the same time I put these tires on. In the process I may need to raise the front end some. Here are the pics I took.
There's your answer----he got the 850's. 0:) see picture under his post

Nick

#32 ·
Got my front tires in yesterday so I put one of the tires next to the old tire to see if there might be a problem. It is going to be close. I may need to put my shocks on at the same time I put these tires on. In the process I may need to raise the front end some. Here are the pics I took.

Attachments

#35 ·
Mike
The 255/50 on the front will work just fine. I have been running that size for 10 years with no problems on my SSR.

Simpletire .come Has a sale right now. I bought a set of Arturo’s for my Silverado last week 255/75/20.
370.00 dollars delivered. How can you go wrong.

You will love these tires for the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.